Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
Still can't access the Dev Center or those downloads. Anyone else having that problem too still?

May wish to clear cache or reset Safari.

----------

Why are people posting feature requests for a beta here? File a radar.

That said, this is everything the release will be so don't expect anything to change before 7.1 next Spring.

KattDaDon

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
Ok, I got it to go, but only way is to basically push the home button while doing the swipe. It's pretty impractical for me to have to do that.

I mean you don't have to push the home button but if that's the only way for you to get it working then by all means

evaporateddwarf

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2010
IF your using HSPA+ or LTE most of the day then that is probably your problem especially if there is poor signal strength or a lot of em interference around. If that is the case then streaming services like spotify will drain battery quickly. Even moderate data usage will drain the battery in poor signal areas.

Worst I ever get is 3 bars. I'm typically in the 4-5 range.

So far, I've played about 5 minutes of Hobbit: KoM, done a little texting, 5 minutes of web browsing, and maybe an hour of spotify, and I'm at 37% right now. Took it off the charger a bit after 7:30

EDIT: 30 minutes later, phone hit 33% and died. Wouldn't turn back on (this isn't the same as the previous issue of the phone going black and having to reset it).

Last edited:

Hamish

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2003
remote issues

First morning after updating to the latest beta.... Seems like I have a bit of a bug where my middle button on my remote has stopped working as expected. It will start playback with one push, then no response to pushing it once more or twice quickly. Volume buttons still work, and if playback is stopped or music app is closed I can start playback again with one push. I am fairly sure this is a software glitch as I've tried the usual fixes of cleaning out lint from the headphone jack and the same headphones work flawlessly on my ipad.

Anyway, curious to know if anyone else has a similar issue.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
First morning after updating to the latest beta.... Seems like I have a bit of a bug where my middle button on my remote has stopped working as expected. It will start playback with one push, then no response to pushing it once more or twice quickly. Volume buttons still work, and if playback is stopped or music app is closed I can start playback again with one push. I am fairly sure this is a software glitch as I've tried the usual fixes of cleaning out lint from the headphone jack and the same headphones work flawlessly on my ipad.

Anyway, curious to know if anyone else has a similar issue.
Something that was introduced in beta 4 it seems: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1616089/

Websnapx2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2003
I'm on a iPhone 4, just installed Beta4. Music app won't launch... at all. White screen then crash. on my third restart.

After about 30 launch attempts Music app finally started, now no issues... in fact way less issues and way more responsive than Music app was under Beta 3

KattDaDon

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
After about 30 launch attempts Music app finally started, now no issues... in fact way less issues and way more responsive than Music app was under Beta 3

30 launch attempts. Wow! I mean If you having a hard time with the music app. Close it from the app switcher/multitasking switcher or however you call it and then try opening it again or try powering down and back on or full restore cause I haven't had any problems with the music app since beta 2 cause beta 1 messed up how my albums and songs album artwork was organized till beta 2 it all got fixed

Websnapx2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2003
30 launch attempts. Wow! I mean If you having a hard time with the music app. Close it from the app switcher/multitasking switcher or however you call it and then try opening it again or try powering down and back on or full restore cause I haven't had any problems with the music app since beta 2 cause beta 1 messed up how my albums and songs album artwork was organized till beta 2 it all got fixed

Yeah, I had done all of that. Hard restart, normal restart, killing it in app switcher. I was at work when I had done the OTA update and figured that if by the time I got home if it hadn't started working I would have restored it and tried again from the DMG. Like clockwork as soon as I step in the house, I launched it one last time and BOOM – it worked. Since then it's been like a dream. WAY more responsive than Beta 3's Music app, though I as well am not getting much response from the headphone play/pause button. Ratings work great. All bueno.

twozeromm

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2013
Help getting ios 7 beta 4

Can someone help me out on how I can get ios 7 and with the new beta 4? I still have ios 6 and I've been waiting until the beta got better and I think it's time to get it.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Can someone help me out on how I can get ios 7 and with the new beta 4? I still have ios 6 and I've been waiting until the beta got better and I think it's time to get it.

The Apple Developer site. If you can't access that, then you can't ask that question here..

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
That's so infuriating; it keeps redirecting me to the stupid developer page status update. How are you going about it? (i.e. where are you loging in and where are you clicking which links to get to which places?) I've also reset Safari multiple times. Same problem.

First go here: https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/ios/index.action

Click on SignIn

Then click on iOS 7 SDK Beta
and then you will see the links to the beta

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
Screen on my ipad keeps turning on when I have the cover on it. Constantly noticing this (and the battery drain because of it)

So now when done with ipad, i have to turn off the unit completely to make sure my screen isn't turning on when in the case....

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
As soon as I log in after clicking Sign In, I get redirected to that page. I'm wondering if I should use something other than Safari.

Nope, tried Chrome and Firefox for Mac and Chrome for Windows and this is across four different computers. Same thing happens. Anyone else in the US having this problem and/or know a way around it that doesn't involve me having to torrent it?

Marconijmeijer

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2013
Nope, tried Chrome and Firefox for Mac and Chrome for Windows and this is across four different computers. Same thing happens. Anyone else in the US having this problem and/or know a way around it that doesn't involve me having to torrent it?

Hi, i am in The netherlands and I have the same issue, anyone a suggestion?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.