Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the golden master (GM) version of iOS 9 to developers. The golden master represents the final version of iOS 9 that will be released to the public on September 16, two days ahead of the official launch of the iPhone 6s and the iPhone 6s Plus.

The update is available through Apple's over-the-air updating mechanism on iOS devices and it can also be downloaded through the Apple Developer Center.

Prior to the launch of the golden master, Apple seeded five betas of iOS 9 to developers and public beta testers, with the fifth and final beta released on August 6.

iOS 9 focuses on intelligence and proactivity, allowing iOS devices to learn user habits and act on that information, providing recommendations to places we might like, apps we might like to use, and more. Siri is smarter with iOS 9, able to create contextual reminders and offer up more information through improved search options.

Built-in apps like Maps, Notes, and Mail have been improved in iOS 9, and Apple Pay has been renamed Wallet. iOS 9 introduces split-screen multitasking for the iPad for the first time, and there are some significant under-the-hood improvements that will result in more battery life, more storage space through smaller app install sizes, and enhanced performance.

Article Link: Apple Seeds iOS 9 Golden Master to Developers Ahead of September 16 Public Launch

Jmausmuc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2014
I am using the public beta and no update just yet. Should I download the full version or wait?

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
In other news

Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 2.33.32 PM.png

nilgroda

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
The golden master represents the final version of iOS 9 that will be released to the public on September 16, two days ahead of the official launch of the iPhone 6s and the iPhone 6s Plus.

Thats wrong. The iPhone 6s and the iPhone 6s Plus launches on September 25.

MalcolmJID

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
England
If I could have one thing from this thread, it'd be the MD5 hashes for the 5S ipsw (I can't remember which exact model my phone is) ;)

Jmausmuc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2014
How did they handle it last time? Or is this the first time they have a public beta?

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
Typically GMs are not OTA. MacRumors always posts this, but alas... no OTA on GMs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.