Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meatballs

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2010
on your plate
Run SC2 in Windows (XP even) and you WILL see it run "PROPERLY". Gaming is RARELY a problem in Windows, but most people (even here) already know that, however they generally always try to "wish" it wasn't true.

For this reason(among a few others), I always keep at least a 2 year old dedicated windows box around(yes I could bootcamp XP, but the MBP cooling is NOT properly designed for gaming, eventually causing it to glitch/stutter/slideshow from overheating components downclocking), even though I enjoy using my macs for everything else. My 2 year old generic windows box is sporting an OLD 8600GTS, and gets 5 times better frame rate than any of my macs from 2009 or 2010 with NEWER Nvidia cards. THAT, is a weakness in OSX, and it IS APPLE's FAULT NO DOUBT!!!! :mad::mad:

As for Aperture, good luck with that one...:(:(

:apple::apple::apple:

Good point :cool:

clientsiman

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2009
Crete,Greece
I said that Mac OS X can do everything Windows can do (while being stable) and way more so how is Windows better? .

I honestly didn't have any stability problems with windows since windows 98. However, I haven't used vista.

I haven't seen any Blue Screen Of Death in windows 7 and I have only seen one kernel panic in my Leopard and none in Snow Leopard. I believe that both OS are equally stable but I prefer OS X for everything, except gaming of course.

I hope the fix problem that Mail has with Hotmail accounts.

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
My second sentence didn't clearly state what was implied by the first - I meant that

Jobs saved Apple computers in 1998, only to kill it them off in 2011.​

Apple will certainly be around in 2012 (unless there's some cosmic catastrophe), but it looks less and less likely that computer-using creative and other professionals will choose Apple. That's what the Apple Gadget Company is killing -- there's no longer any passion for making good Apples at Apple, the focus is on "thin and pretty".

I LMAO at the pure immaturity of this idea, almost daily.

Winni

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Germany.
OS X is fairly mature and doesn't need a really fast update schedule anymore.

I don't know about you but 10.6.4 has been rock solid for me. I haven't had any crashes, and performance has been excellent all around on all the machines I use it on. (2006 Mac Pro, 2007 iMac at work, and my 2010 Macbook Pro)

If anything I'd rather they continue to refine the OS for stability and performance rather than try to enhance it anymore. It is a beautiful system and there is little I would change about it right now.

-Z

I've got one word for you: Innovation.

And besides innovation, there's plenty of stuff that could - and in many cases SHOULD - be improved, fixed or enhanced in OS X to make it better or even useful, starting with everything that's related to networking and heterogeneous corporate environments.

But maybe you're right. Maybe we should do what this guy proposed several decades ago: Let's close the patent office because everything that ever could be invented has already been invented...

Winni

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Germany.
Why argue with him/her at all? Have you seen the long lines at the Apple Store?

There has never been a long line at an Apple store for a new Mac... That only happens when they release one of those new mobile iGadgets.

Besides, 90% of the world's desktop and notebook computers still run Windows. And since you are the one who tried to use the million flies cannot be wrong analogy, by your own logic, this should prove that Windows is by far the superior platform.

bobbytomorow

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2007
Left Coast
Besides, 90% of the world's desktop and notebook computers still run Windows. And since you are the one who tried to use the million flies cannot be wrong analogy, by your own logic, this should prove that Windows is by far the superior platform.

FAIL

Thats because about a gazillion different companies make Windows computers, only one company makes OSX computers. A single company to have as large a market share versus an infinite amount of other companies combined market share is quite a feat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.