Apple Seeds New Beta of OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.1 to Developers

r.harris1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
I do not have to jump off a cliff if I already know that people have lost their lives doing so...
You don't have to, no.

The "iOSification" that a certain segment of folks are frightened over doesn't really have to get in your way if you don't want it to. What worries you the most?

Last edited:

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
You don't have to, no.

The "iOSification" that a certain segment of folks are frightened over doesn't really have to get in your way if you don't want it to. What worries you the most?
Most of the new "features" as well as the dearth of true UI/files system/bug fixes - but as said above, I have already bought ML - now I am just deciding when to take the jump.

ghostface147

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2008
No issues? So I guess the wireless icon that shows not configured when you wake up from sleep but still works is normal then. Other than that, no complaints.

cjmillsnun

macrumors 68020
Aug 28, 2009
I have posted my requests a few times elsewhere - I at least hope ML is, performance-wise, better than Lion (which is already blazing fast on my iMac).
It is much faster than Lion.

As I already said, there are improvements in UI over Lion. For example the return of Exposé

It isn't a train wreck. That was Lion, which was awful. Mountain Lion has polished Lion.

As I'm assuming that you are in a production environment (ie you use your Mac for work) I wouldn't recommend that you upgrade yet, but wait for 10.8.2 (something I would recommend with any new version of OS X)

Attachments

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
It is much faster than Lion.

As I already said, there are improvements in UI over Lion. For example the return of Exposé

It isn't a train wreck. That was Lion, which was awful. Mountain Lion has polished Lion.

As I'm assuming that you are in a production environment (ie you use your Mac for work) I wouldn't recommend that you upgrade yet, but wait for 10.8.2 (something I would recommend with any new version of OS X)
My iMac is for personal use and all related purposes - unfortunately I have to cope with a crappy Windows PC at work (not that I don't do work with my iMac when necessary, of course).

But I am a little worried about installing it, since my machine has so many custom dependencies - boot disk in SSD, home folder in HDD, 1-year old TM backups, many symlinked folders such as for Steam games, and two other external HDDs with several files.

It's not an easy setup to reconfigure, especially if I end up having to do a clean install...

juker12

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2009
Big problem drop support Open GL 2.1 or 1.1 just to spite Mac Mini or IMac Gma x3100 or GM 950

Mountain Lion fetus beta

Process: Mail [4572]
Path: /Applications/Mail.app/Contents/MacOS/Mail
Identifier: com.apple.mail

/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib
0x7fff83dc5000 - 0x7fff83ddffff com.apple.CoreMediaAuthoring (2.1 - 914) <CFA664F9-D5A7-3281-A12F-3ED8A98FD8C1>

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4153774?start=0&tstart=0

norsay

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2011
As long as I use a migrated user profile created on a lion, CalDav & CardDav are working fine. However new accounts can't be created on ML...

Anybody else faced this problem? Does anybody know if 10.8.1 fixes the CalDav and CardDav problems?

Cheers, norsay

nduru

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2012
update 10.8.1 won't install

I am trying to update to 10.8.1, on a MBP mid 2010, but getting
"update can't be installed on this disk" for the Macintosh HD
I have verified the disk and its permissions
I have 17.5GB free space
I had no problem installing 10.8.0

Any ideas most welcome

Ajones330

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
SEC Country
Interesting, I've found iPhoto and Aperture to be noticeably faster since the upgrade. Have you tried command-option opening iPhoto and trying the rebuild options? The way these two programs can now open and edit each others libraries has added a lot of value for me. Enz
I'll try that out, thanks

ebev1234

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2010
new jersey
Mountain Lion

i have found it to be useful and creative. I have not experienced any crashes or pitfalls yet. I do use it on my external drive only I want to try it out before I change my entire system over. So far i like what I see except for the fact of no RSS feeds in mail which I live off now I can work with it not bad APPLE