Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BenConlin44

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2020
Glasgow
Check the right/left balance in Sound settings. I had the same issue with Sony WH1000XM4 after taking a call. Could be related.
That fixed it! I always put the right AirPod in first and when I did the sound defaulted to the right and didn't correct when the left AirPod was put in. Very relieved

BrianM_CAN

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2018
Canada
This b9 (20A5384c) is running better on 2018 Mac mini i7... b6 had a bunch of issues (including no SMB loaded by default), b8 was kinda sluggish, but had less bugs than b6 for sure. Safari especially is running better (in b8 it got sluggish quickly, and saw graphical glitches in it a few times)

Getting b9 going had a couple of issues, the b8 system crashed (spinning wheel) on shutdown - and then after reboot couldn't login to the regular AD user after - was at least able to login as a local Admin account, after a couple of tries was able to get the system to recognize that the update hadn't actually applied - and the update showed up again in System Preferences - this time after downloading it applied correctly, and after getting in as the Admin again, was able to use Fast User switching login to get back into the AD account.

Still not a fan of the changes to the "close" on Notifications - the close button only appearing on mouse-over and being a much smaller target is a regression in user experience over how the notifications have looked for the past decade or more.

Fjuarez

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2015
Can't activate Apple Watch unlock ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 17.27.22.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 17.27.22.png
    126.4 KB · Views: 77

jkev57

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2015
Finally, a lot of the graphic bugs in Outlook seems to have disappeared. The apps I tried also seem to launch faster and be more responsive, however Safari is weirdly sluggish. You win some you lose some I suppose..
I'm having problems with Safari coming to a stop while loading a page. Up until the update, it ran great.

crawfish963

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Texas
Given the number of issues I’ve seen over at the OSX thread, I’m not touching this one. I may not even upgrade once the GM is out. I love Apple but the amount of problems in MacOS and iOS-some of them going back 1-2 years, is striking.

Reactions: bomby0

hagjohn

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2006
Pennsylvania
Can anyone confirm if bootcamp support is stable using an eGPU? Meaning no freezes, random black displays and normal booting.
I can't firm everything but I was able to boot (to login) with only eGPU installed (I did not have my eGPU plugged in while updating). The colors seem deeper and richer and I have not had any freezes yet but it has only been a few hours.

nortonandreev

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2016
Europe
"The new beta release for public testers comes a few weeks after the last beta".

Not really. macOS 11.0 public beta 4 was released on 22nd September. This new public beta 5 has been released today (a week later).

It seems that the final release is near. Perhaps in one or two weeks or so.
Beta 7 and 8 have the same build number (20A5374), so beta 8 is basically a re-release of beta 7. The actual difference between the two betas is 2 weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.