Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
They basically fixed 1 thing.
Same with beta 7. And it took them weeks after beta 6 or 5 to release it.
What are they doing !? This doesn't look good for the final release.
Part of me thinks Apple spent some time removing CSAM code from Monterey so researchers couldn’t extract the model, and make Apple look like fools again with colored animal pictures triggering false hits.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
No release candidate probably means we're still a ways out from getting a new MacBook Pro
If apple was courageous enough to load RC build of iOS 15 onto first batch of iPhone 13, they probably will do the same for Monterey on new MacBook Pro. Can’t wait to see some deal-breaking bugs out of those new MacBook Pro.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Breaks AdGuard :|

1633568084141.png

EDIT: Took a couple of hours only for an update!

Last edited:

I WAS the one

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
Orlando, FL

Apple today seeded the ninth developer beta of macOS Monterey, the newest version of the macOS operating system. The ninth beta comes one week after Apple released the eighth macOS Monterey beta.

macOS-Monterey-on-MBP-Feature.jpg

Registered developers can download the beta through the Apple Developer Center and once the appropriate profile is installed, betas will be available through the Software Update mechanism in System Preferences.

macOS Monterey will bring Universal Control, a feature that lets a single mouse, trackpad, and keyboard be used across multiple Mac or iPad devices, plus there's a new AirPlay to Mac feature. Safari has been redesigned with a new tab bar with a toggle for two different designs and support for Tab Groups, and FaceTime has gained spatial audio, a Portrait Mode on M1 Macs, and Voice Isolation for cutting out background noise. There's also a new SharePlay FaceTime feature that lets Apple users watch TV, listen to music, and share their screens with one another.

Shared With You, a separate feature, keeps track of the music, links, podcasts, news, and photos that people are sent in Messages, highlighting it in the relevant apps. Notes has a new Quick Note feature for jotting down thoughts, and collaboration is easier with mentions and an Activity View.

The Shortcuts app from iOS is now available on the Mac, and Focus helps people stay on task by cutting out background distractions. There's an updated Maps app with a whole slew of new features, and with Live Text, Macs can now detect text in photos or provide details on animals, art, landmarks, plants, and more in images.

Mail Privacy Protection hides IP and prevents tracking through invisible pixels, and iCloud Private Relay keeps Safari browsing protected. There are many other new features in macOS Monterey, with a full rundown available in our macOS Monterey roundup.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Ninth Beta of macOS Monterey to Developers
big sur scare the heck outta me.
i will wait for Monterrey .2

Jerry Fritschle

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2004
They basically fixed 1 thing.
Same with beta 7. And it took them weeks after beta 6 or 5 to release it.
What are they doing !? This doesn't look good for the final release.
Don't fret too much about the time lag between released developer/public betas. In-house, they work with daily builds.

Reactions: RandomDSdevel

damienbutt

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2016
Assuming the PB is released later today, would people say this latest release is OK to update to? I'm still on PB7 as I read about the external monitor issue which would have killed me.

I say this every year but I'm 100% coming off the beta program when this is fully released. Haha.

daabido

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2008
Assuming the PB is released later today, would people say this latest release is OK to update to? I'm still on PB7 as I read about the external monitor issue which would have killed me.

I say this every year but I'm 100% coming off the beta program when this is fully released. Haha.
Sure you are, until you get the itch again. I can say I completely skipped Catalina and Big Sur and wish I hadn't update High Sierra to Mojave. But I like Monterey.

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016

It seems to be running well on my MacBook Pro and Mac mini. Not noticing any glaring issues.

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
Some bugs are either not caught from the small pool of beta testers, or couldn’t be fixed in time for release.
Small pool of beta testers? There's a million people running the public beta. If anything, Apple is swamped by the noise of hundreds of thousands of bug reports.

Buntschwalbe

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2021
Previous 21A5534d
Current 21A5543b
Available on dev portal
Thx for build Number! ?
I think we are really close to a RC, because the build Number now ends on a letter at the beginning of the Alphabet (b), soon there will be a build ending on "a" and a RC. At least i presume.

• Haha
Reactions: Babygotfont

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
Thx for build Number! ?
I think we are really close to a RC, because the build Number now ends on a letter at the beginning of the Alphabet (b), soon there will be a build ending on "a" and a RC. At least i presume.
Hopefully, maybe, but who knows (see below). I believe betas ending in letters closer to "a" means there were fewer versions of the installer compiled prior to release (whereas letters further into the alphabet mean more builds).

1633612535892.png

srbNYC

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2020
New York, NY
All Safari iCloud sync seems to be gone now: tabs, bookmark syncing, etc. Don't know if it's a Monterey issue or an iOS 15.1 issue. Safari in Monterey doesn't even have an iCloud tabs toggle in its Start Page menu anymore.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.