Apple Seeds OS X Lion 10.7.2 Build 11C43 and Other iCloud Updates to Developers

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Hell0W0rld macrumors regular

Does Adobe CS5 work finally without issues? I want to upgrade to Lion!

2. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Nope, they're still XL.

3. MrNomNoms macrumors 65816

4. englishman macrumors 6502a

englishman

Anyone know how to access the beta as I deleted my invitation email from SJ by mistake - honest!

5. ChrisCW11 macrumors 65816

Hmm

2 updates in less then 2 months since release, and Apple still doesn't want to admit that Lion was a bit of a disaster. Definitely not in the Vista category, but until I see Apple own up to the fact they broke more then they improved in Lion, I won't be installing my copy of Lion or its patches just yet.

All they have to do is issue an update that says it improves compatibility and support and I am sold, but as long as they keep rolling out "secret" updates with no real mention of what they fixed, I don't trust them.

And to all those that claim there is nothing wrong with Lion, I am happy that you can browse the web and play Angry Birds on your Mac, but most people I know that use it for more then that have stayed away from OS X Lion.

Its a shame they have to be so secretive and provide no comment on this. I don't hate Apple, I am a long time PC enthusiast that has seen the light, but I mean I expect more from Apple then to roll out a beta OS and then patch functionality long after the release. When 90% of what I do with OS X is broken after I updated to Lion and it claims to be the worlds most advanced OS, come on! I am sure it will claim that title eventually, but after how many patches? 6 - 7? And then what, another shoddy rollout of 10.8.

6. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Your MacRumors status says it all...

Oh Paleeeeaseee. Facts please...:D

7. ucd11 macrumors newbie

Actually.... this is what came with the update to 10.7.1....

About OS X Lion Update 10.7.1 (Client)
    The 10.7.1 update is recommended for all users running OS X Lion and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability and compatibility of your Mac, including fixes that:

• Address an issue that may cause the system to become unresponsive when playing a video in Safari
    • Resolve an issue that may cause system audio to stop working when using HDMI or optical audio out
    • Improve the reliability of Wi-Fi connections
    • Resolve an issue that prevents transfer of your data, settings, and compatible applications to a new Mac running OS X Lion
    For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4764

8. Meicyn macrumors regular

Meicyn

We all eagerly wait in anticipation of your complaints about it in the coming months.

9. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

I clean installed Office 2008 after a clean install of Lion. No problems at all. And yes, I used the installer on the Office 2008 disc, not the Terminal method.

10. Inconsequential macrumors 68000

Rubbish. Absolute rubbish.

Lion has been just as stable as SL has been for me.

Lightroom, InDesign, VMWare Fusion, Photoshop, Backup software, Time machine, Mail, Safari etc all working aboslutely perfectly.

The new 'features' such as Mission Control etc are debatable as an improvement but as a stable operating system Vista it is not.

It's on both my sig machines and running perfectly.

11. ThunderSkunk macrumors 68030

ThunderSkunk

It was running like crap on our machines as well. Til it got so bad I bit the bullet, invested a day, redownloaded the installer, burned it to disc, formatted all systems, and gave em proper clean installs from the ground up. Made a huge difference. Now I love Lion.

12. robert05au macrumors regular

robert05au

This is a joke with 10.7.1

Improve the reliability of Wi-Fi connections

The wifi has gotten worse since 10.7.1 with zero connectivity on my iMac at various times without warning. turning wifi on and off helps only once or twice and restarting working once or twice neither work all the time.

When using 10.7 I didn't see these issues

If anyone has any suggestions please feel free as I am willing to try ideas to see if anything works.

13. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

You are not very schooled in Macs or Wi-Fi!

1. In your video you COULD have used something like iShowU to record to the screen instead of holding a shaky camcorder to the screen.

2. Most Wi-Fi problems can be fixed! a) Replace your old Wi-Fi cheap router. b) Reset Your PRAM to see if that helps. c) Turn off Airport, go to folder /Library/Preferences/ and find the files for com.apple.airport.preferences.plist & NetworkInterfaces.plist. Then reboot to rebuild those files.

14. radio893fm macrumors 6502

Then there must be a bunch of us (see Apple forums, Google for Lion, etc) that received a "broken" copy of the OS. U r so fortunate!

Or probably we live in parallels world... and u r so fortunate to be living in the one where Apple doesn't make mistakes.

Now... can I get Facetime back? It has not work for me since the upgrade.

15. SurfSpirit macrumors member

Use DropBox or other

Gosh, and what's the point of iCLoud then!?? It's better to use DropBox, it's more compatible, cheaper and lot faster!

----------

Have you guys tried the new Front Row in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, it's awesome!!!!!

16. Inconsequential macrumors 68000

So whats the difference between what I'm doing and what your doing then?

Assuming our hardware is the same the only difference is the user :confused:

Besides I was more criticising you comparing it to Vista.

Vista was awful and I have proportionally spent more time fixing Vista PCs than any other. I know more about Vista than I do W7 and I use W7 myself!

17. kiljoy616 macrumors 68000

kiljoy616

No know faults, dam hope they fixed the WiFi issue that I have been having and so many others on Apple own forum.