Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lunarworks

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2003
Toronto, Canada
Could Apple tell Netflix that they no longer support the plugin Microsoft Silverlight anymore so we can finally watch Netflix again on our Macs. I do not understand why that plugin is still used by Netflix or why Apple does not think it is important to be supported. If they think it is not important then create a Netflix app like Windows 8.

Umm. Netflix works fine for me.

I use Firefox, though. Haven't tested it in Safari.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012

No problem, just a guess.

Then they should use a different engine, like chrome's

Blink is WebKit with some changes. It has its own quirks. It also isn't that much different than WebKit at this point.

When we talk about "compatibility vs core profile" then we exclusively talk about OpenGL 3 and upwards (OpenGL 3.2, to be specific, which introduced the "compatibility" profile).

Apple never supported the "compatibility" profile (which would include all the fixed graphic pipeline functions in a GL 3 profile)! You only get the "core" profile when requesting an OpenGL 3 (or up) context.

What you are referring to is the plain old OpenGL 2.x context, but that one is not called "compatibility" profile - it's called... OpenGL 2.x context.

http://www.opengl.org/wiki/Core_And_Compatibility_in_Contexts

----------

Or later. Or today.

:D

Maybe today.

pure speculation, or perhaps hope :)

A little both. I'd like to think a week after 10.9.2 is finished, we'll be hearing about the first 10.9.3 beta. Maybe someday they'll end up with a wifi stack as strong as what windows has.

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009
As far as I know, you can opt to use HTML5 instead of Silverlight, no?

Tried that and still can not HD Streaming for some reason and still the same issue exist for Apple TV that many have complained where it buffers and snaps back to SD, you will see this complains in the Apple TV forum here. And no it is not my ISP or my connections all checked it is Netflix and Apple issue neither admitting this issue since December 2013.

WallToWallMacs

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2014
Experiencing a world of pain on this build on my Unibody 09 White MacBook.

Occasional slow performance (neither the RAM or the CPU are overly taxed when it happens). FPS performance in games has plummeted. Boot up times are sloooow.

Biggest issue for me is that every time I send or receive emails in Mail, it asks me to open preferences and put in my iCloud password (which is already correct and stored). I have to click ok 3 times before it sorts itself out.

Previous build was perfect for me, hopefully they've just changed something significant for testing purposes and the next release will be good again.

Safari push notifications appear to be broken too.

Whe you installed mavericks did you do an upgrade or clean install?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.