Apple Seeds Second Beta of iOS 12.1.1 to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 7, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming iOS 12.1.1 update to developers, one week after seeding the first beta and a little over a week after the release of iOS 12.1, a major update that brought multiple new features to iOS.

Registered developers can download the new iOS 12.1.1 beta from Apple's Developer Center or over-the-air once the proper configuration profile has been installed from the Developer Center.

[​IMG]

The iOS 12.1.1 update reintroduces the feature that lets you take a Live Photo while on a FaceTime call, and it brings improvements for the FaceTime user interface.

Following the update, FaceTime features a reworked bottom bar that includes quick access buttons for muting a call and flipping the camera. Sliding up on the bottom bar brings up additional options with conversation participants. Previously, FaceTime users were required to tap on three dots to access a secondary menu with these features.

For the iPhone XR, iOS 12.1.1 allows Haptic Touch to be used to expand notifications on the Lock screen. iPhone XR owners are able to long press on a notification banner to see additional content, much as other iPhone owners can 3D Touch on a notification to expand it.

iOS 12.1.1 also adds a new option in Apple News to hide the side bar on the iPad when using the app in landscape mode, it introduces an option to turn off the physical SIM in the device in favor of the eSIM, and it tweaks the icon of the Apple Watch app so it looks like the Apple Watch Series 4.

Update: Apple has made a new beta of iOS 12.1.1 available to public beta testers.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Beta of iOS 12.1.1 to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

2. I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

3. newtestleper macrumors 6502

This comment, however, was not.

4. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

Safari should be fixed, I never before had problems with safari, pages are not always loading when clicking links, reloading does sometimes, but if not and you click back one page the page is white, nothing shows up.

5. I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

Do as I say, not as I do.;)

Installed on 6s, OTA update. Took a few minutes.

6. Babygotfont macrumors member

Babygotfont

this unexpected download was expected

7. netdudeuk macrumors regular

I'm guessing that the camera flip icon change relates to currently needing to slide up and then change camera and then slide down. That top bar is too close to the red close button and I've accidentally hung up more than once. So, a welcome change.

8. kstotlani macrumors 6502a

Will this fix the slow Face ID animation on XS Max?

9. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

They need to fix the message app. Too many steps to add a picture from a text message. Don’t know why they changed it. It was just fine.

10. netdudeuk macrumors regular

As it happens, I found a bug in the Messages app. I've not seen it mentioned on here so I deserve a reward from Apple

I can reproduce it every time. If you edit the list of apps that you can use in your messages, and try to delete Store, Messages crashes

11. jpan08 macrumors newbie

I just want my stable LTE and WiFi connectivity back

12. MrMac2015 macrumors member

Anyone know if complex pdfs still stall/crash?

13. mark1210 macrumors newbie

Sure seems like this whole issue doesn't get the attention it deserves any longer. XS Max here, poor signal strength since purchase and through various updates it's minimally better. I'm personally leaning towards it being hardware related....

14. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

The option to delete Store was removed in the first beta.

15. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

That's probably a new feature for the iPhone XSS Max.

16. netdudeuk macrumors regular

I'd rather they just fixed the delete issue instead of forcing me to have the icon in the list. If you're not going to share apps, no need for clutter with the icon.

I guess that they see it as another way to make money.

17. supermars macrumors newbie

supermars

Hope the battery drain (1% per hour at night) on iPhone Xs is fixed.

18. Scottsoapbox macrumors 6502a

Scottsoapbox

Can we get an option to hide the 3" home bar on the iPad 12.9? It's huge and I don't need it to remember to swipe up.

19. cmaier macrumors G4

Slow? Mine is way faster than on my X.

20. Jmoore24 macrumors newbie

I was having the same issue even after Apple’s 12.1 update. However, I went to general>about and was notified of a carrier update. Once, I installed that carrier update from sprint my LTE speeds and connectivity greatly improved. Its now at or better than my wife’s iPhone 7.

21. sdf macrumors regular

sdf

Tap tap.

22. koooolkeith macrumors member

koooolkeith

23. arjun_assi macrumors newbie

arjun_assi

They should fix the choppy video playback on the XS max that so many users are facing !!!

24. testcard macrumors 68040

testcard

Option to hide the side bar in Apple News is a good move - takes up way too much screen on iPad in landscape.

25. Nemontm macrumors newbie

How come no one reported yet that on this update they fixed notifications for the XR? You can now use haptic touch to pop notifications!