Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

locoboi187

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2012
I’ve been having troubles sending MMS, I’m on sprint. Under settings it shows my number as Unknown. You too?

I'm on Sprint too. I had to manually enter my phone number after installing Beta 1 in Settings > Phone. After that no problems but I have read that for some Sprint users the field to edit your Phone number is not tappable.

crazyroo1

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2017
I'm on Sprint too. I had to manually enter my phone number after installing Beta 1 in Settings > Phone. After that no problems but I have read that for some Sprint users the field to edit your Phone number is not tappable.
Yeah, it’s not tappable for me sadly

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
Is anyone having a problem with iMessage? It looks like I cannot send any iMessages with my phone number only my iCloud Email.

Yep. Having this problem. It looks like it's deleted my phone number as an iMessages option from all of my devices.

Edit: Try restarting, that seems to have re-added my phone number.

sergekills

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2017
Moscow, Russia
Hopefully all of these "developers" are actually reporting this feedback instead of posting it all over forums.
The thing is that Apple doesn't seem like reading them. I've been reporting not centered Play/Pause button in the default Music.app like FOREVER! And even 1st beta of iOS 12 had this bug.

yeah

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
There seems to be a stronger haptic feedback while using Touch ID, and it vibrates on unlock. The home button doesn’t need to be pressed to open the phone anymore, and instead opens if the finger is on the sensor.

Reactions: hxlover904

Alanrbtsbhr

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2018
Nothing here for me in SoCal yet. Even restarted my X. Looking to see if there's any evil in this update before updating.
I had to reinstall the new developer profile to get it to discover the upgrade. On the developer download page, they have a new profile listed for “iOS 12 Beta 2”.

sergekills

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2017
Moscow, Russia
There seems to be a stronger haptic feedback while using Touch ID, and it vibrates on unlock. The home button doesn’t need to be pressed to open the phone anymore, and instead opens if the finger is on the sensor.
When my iPhone 7 Plus wakes up and I put my finger on Touch ID sensor, it doesn't vibrate unlocking.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
It’s usually PB 1 = dev beta 2. And if I remember correctly, it’s usually 1 day behind the dev beta...So my guess is tomorrow.

IIRC, that is not how it goes with a totally new IOS. For example going from IOS 11 to IOS 12. I remember it being public beta was released around Dev 3 or 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.