Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming iOS 9.3.3 update to developers for testing purposes, two weeks after seeding the first beta of iOS 9.3.3 and three weeks after the public release of iOS 9.3.2, a minor bug fix update.

The second iOS 9.3.3 beta can be downloaded from the Apple Developer Center or over-the-air with the proper configuration profile installed.

As a minor 9.x.x update, iOS 9.3.3 appears to focus on under-the-hood bug fixes and performance improvements to address issues discovered since the release of iOS 9.3.2. No outward-facing changes or obvious bug fixes were found in the first beta of iOS 9.3.3.

appleios93.jpg

There was originally no iOS 9.3.3 update released for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro because Apple needed to fix an iOS 9.3.2 bug that bricked some devices, but it was addressed in a new iOS 9.3.2 update last week. iOS 9.3.3 is now available for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro.

We'll update this post with any changes that are found in the second iOS 9.3.3 beta.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Beta of iOS 9.3.3 to Developers

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
Lots of jailbreaking rumors with this already, but none proven upon further checking.

I don't JB and doubt that this will go on that much longer. Long time already with none for 9.3.2.
(Excuse is 9.33 coming)

After Apple's brush with the FBI , they'll react faster than ever to plug up any holes.

Comment

Shirasaki

macrumors G4
May 16, 2015
I don't know if my game still lag when brightness is automatically adjusting. Hope not but I can only keep finger crossed.

Reactions: XTheLancerX
Comment

now i see it

macrumors 603
Jan 2, 2002
With incremental (and possibly hazardous) updates coming down the pipe every month or so, and each update claiming to fix problems created by the previous update... how much confidence does that instill?

Comment

Shirasaki

macrumors G4
May 16, 2015
With incremental (and possibly hazardous) updates coming down the pipe every month or so, and each update claiming to fix problems created by the previous update... how much confidence does that instill?
Should this be always the case of software developing? New release both introduce new bugs and fix old bugs, and cycle without seeing an end unless code is completely obsolete. Maybe, if the code base is bad enough, then the program will simply collapse and eventually cease working.

Comment

Cmd-Z

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2014
Coyote, CA
I think Apple's software teams misunderstand the term "smoke test". Guys, turn off the Burning Spear, put down the bong, and start testing your code!

Comment

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Each one is claiming to fix things from the previous one?
[doublepost=1465233356][/doublepost]
I think Apple's software teams misunderstand the term "smoke test". Guys, turn off the Burning Spear, put down the bong, and start testing your code!
What's the issue here?

Reactions: Zirel
Comment

Zirel

Suspended
Jul 24, 2015

When this meme will end.

No, normally updates don't introduce problems, and normally they fix more bugs than they introduce.

The only "problem", is that most people don't have any bugs, no reason to complain, until they find a reason to complain, and claim that "it wasn't like that".

Comment

justperry

macrumors G4
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I really hope that one day they will fix the display brightness bug on my iPhone 4S, I can't set it to full brightness, sometimes when an App crashes the brightness will be set to full but it will be only temporary.

Edit:Not solved
I actually restored my iPhone yesterday, clean (Set up as new) OS - no problem, but when I sync it's back again.

Last edited:
Comment

newt@vims.edu

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2004
Williamsburg, VA
I eagerly await the ability to test 9.3.3 beta 2. Beta 1 totally hosed the battery life of my iPhone 6 Plus. I have to turn it off to avoid an 80% discharge over night the no usage.

- Newt -

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming iOS 9.3.3 update to developers for testing purposes, two weeks after seeing the first beta of iOS 9.3.3 and three weeks after the public release of iOS 9.3.2, a minor bug fix update.

The second iOS 9.3.3 beta can be downloaded from the Apple Developer Center or over-the-air with the proper configuration profile installed.

As a minor 9.x.x update, iOS 9.3.3 appears to focus on under-the-hood bug fixes and performance improvements to address issues discovered since the release of iOS 9.3.2. No outward-facing changes or obvious bug fixes were found in the first beta of iOS 9.3.3.

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming iOS 9.3.3 update to developers for testing purposes, two weeks after seeing the first beta of iOS 9.3.3 and three weeks after the public release of iOS 9.3.2, a minor bug fix update.

appleios93.jpg

There was originally no iOS 9.3.3 update released for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro because Apple needed to fix an iOS 9.3.2 bug that bricked some devices, but it was addressed in a new iOS 9.3.2 update last week. iOS 9.3.3 is now available for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro.

We'll update this post with any changes that are found in the second iOS 9.3.3 beta.

Comment

justperry

macrumors G4
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I eagerly await the ability to test 9.3.3 beta 2. Beta 1 totally hosed the battery life of my iPhone 6 Plus. I have to turn it off to avoid an 80% discharge over night the no usage.

- Newt -

Same here on my 6S Plus..

I had that too, my mail (background) was sucking all the juice, but it might be related to installing a VPN (Me), look into battery usage, it might be the same.

Comment

Foss

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2008
The downloaded file for 9.3.3 for iPad Pro 9.7 Wifi is not working for me. Just me? It was just 234 bytes.

Comment

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Tat has been the main issue the last couple of years: By the time the next upgrade comes out you are still seeing bug fix updates from the previous. We never see a solid version. :(
Feels like a shampoo product.
Seems like there have been quite a few fairly solid versions for most over the last few years.
[doublepost=1465237697][/doublepost]
They might as well start on a 9.3.4 update already
Because?...

Comment

fredr500

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2007
I never install a beta 1, and only a 2 when I think it fixes something I need. Beta 3 is usually stable enough.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.