Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming macOS Big Sur 11.4 update to developers for testing purposes, with the new beta coming two weeks after the release of the first macOS Big Sur 11.4 beta.

macOS-Big-Sur-Feature-Purple.jpg

Developers can download the ‌‌‌macOS Big Sur‌‌‌ 11.4 beta using the Software Update mechanism in System Preferences after installing the proper profile from the Apple Developer Center.

According to Apple's developer release notes, the macOS Big Sur 11.4 update adds Intel Mac support for AMD's 6000-Series Navi GPUs. It is not yet clear if there are also other outward-facing features included.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Beta of macOS Big Sur 11.4 to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

Last edited:
Reactions: RandomDSdevel

ph001bi

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2015
London

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming macOS Big Sur 11.4 update to developers for testing purposes, with the new beta coming two weeks after the release of the first macOS Big Sur 11.4 beta.

macOS-Big-Sur-Feature-Purple.jpg

Developers can download the ‌‌‌macOS Big Sur‌‌‌ 11.4 beta using the Software Update mechanism in System Preferences after installing the proper profile from the Apple Developer Center.

According to Apple's developer release notes, the macOS Big Sur 11.4 update adds Intel Mac support for AMD's 6000-Series Navi GPUs. It is not yet clear if there are also other outward-facing features included.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Beta of macOS Big Sur 11.4 to Developers
I hope they fixed the battery drain. Beta 1 is draining my laptop battery in two hours. I have to keep it plugged in, it’s unusable.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
One of the last BS beta's I am going to install before the next Version of macOS shows up at WWDC.

Now, what will it be named...
Personally I like these:

Sonoma
Sausalito
Sequoia

Last edited:
Reactions: SCUBA4K

macintoshmac

macrumors 603
May 13, 2010
Proper DDC/CI support for M1 Macs for external display brightness control?

It's been 6 months and still not working!

Release hardware and software not working optimally is a feature now, and people seem to love it. It gives them discontent in their present and allows them to hope for a better future.

Gone are the days when at release, the hardware and software worked optimally enough and people did not have to wait months down the line for something that should have worked from the day it was released. People keep opening their wallets, and Apple does not mind repeating this with each hardware and software iteration. :)

You can hope that by the time they release macOS 12 and/ or a new hardware revision to the lineup, you might get closer to having it work as expected on your current flagship.

macintoshmac

macrumors 603
May 13, 2010
One of the last BS beta's I am going to install before the next Version of macOS shows up at WWDC.

Now, what will it be named...
Personally I like these:

Sonoma
Sausalito
Sequoia

I am hoping they make the new OS (macOS 12) nimbler than it is now. They have improved over Mojave on MacBook Air 2017, and I hope for a further optimisation before this notebook loses software support. A person can hope.

srbNYC

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2020
New York, NY
Wow. Music won't open on my M1 MacBook Air. Crashes immediately upon launch, even if I restart in Safe Mode. Anyone else? Is it working for others?

Last edited:

srbNYC

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2020
New York, NY
Now it's ok, but I didn't do anything. I swear I tried launching it 10+ times and restarted my MBA 5+ times, and Music crashed every time. Left it alone for an hour while I was on a Zoom. Now it just started and it's fine. ??‍♂️. Weirdest.

Todd Fisher

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2008
Wow. Music won't open on my M1 MacBook Air. Crashes immediately upon launch, even if I restart in Safe Mode. Anyone else? Is it working for others?
Music works for me, for ONE SONG... then it instantly crashes. Ouch. This Beta is going to kill me lol...

• Sad
Reactions: srbNYC
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.