Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the second betas of new iOS and iPadOS 14.6 updates to developers for testing purposes, one week after seeding the first iOS and iPadOS 14.6 updates.

iOS-14-on-iPhone-feature-emergency.jpg

iOS and iPadOS 14.6 can be downloaded through the Apple Developer Center or over the air after the proper profile has been installed on an iPhone or iPad.

iOS and iPadOS 14.6 appear to be more minor changes focusing on under-the-hood bug performance improvements and bug fixes for issues that weren't able to be addressed in iOS 14.5. We didn't find any notable features in the first beta, but we'll update this article should anything new be found in the second beta.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Betas of iOS and iPadOS 14.6 to Developers

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
14.5 was a great release across the board. More of this please Apple.

It’s amazing to me that members here always complain that Apple releases software too frequently as it’s too often half-baked and buggy, and then complains when they take their time and then release a solid update.

McKodiak

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2014
14.5 was a great release across the board. More of this please Apple.

It’s amazing to me that members here always complain that Apple releases software too frequently as it’s too often half-baked and buggy, and then complains when they take their time and then release a solid update.
People just enjoy complaining. Most people work for a company and they hate it that the company invests their money in idiotic things. Then they're happy when they receive their paychecks. 👀

Td1970

Suspended
Jan 29, 2021
I do like that they substantially update their phones between major releases.

10 years ago, we were lucky to reach 0.3 releases.
Well with all the software bugs. They kinda have to update frequently. It no longer just works.

Phone OS’s are hard. Remember when iOS just worked. But now they finally have added features that android has had for years and low and behold. Bugs galore

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2009
Santiago, Chile
I'm not completely sure why, but on iOS 14.5 I've been having random app crashes. Also, my screen is going black at random moments. I'm on a recently bought iPhone 12. Hopefully it's just a software thing that could be fixed with 14.6 and not a hardware malfunction.

Johnny907

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
I'm not completely sure why, but on iOS 14.5 I've been having random app crashes. Also, my screen is going black at random moments. I'm on a recently bought iPhone 12. Hopefully it's just a software thing that could be fixed with 14.6 and not a hardware malfunction.
App incompatibility most likely. Just keep checking the update queue in the App Store and installing them when available. This sort of issue resolves itself in a week or so after a major OS update so long as the devs are doing their part.

Reactions: ThE.MeSsEnGeR

MK11

Suspended
Apr 29, 2021
People just enjoy complaining. Most people work for a company and they hate it that the company invests their money in idiotic things. Then they're happy when they receive their paychecks. ?
I’ve never been on a site where so many people complain about almost everything yet still follow like it’s a product from god

xpxp2002

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2016
That was fixed in a late beta on iOS 14.5. No more stutter here 12 pro max.
It was fixed for me on 14.5B4, but came back in B5 and has been in every release since then for me including the public release.

I re-reported it during 14.5B7, and Apple acknowledged "less than 10" recent similar reports. I'm surprised it is fixed for some phones, but not all now. Wonder why.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.