Apple Seeds Second macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 Beta to Developers and Public Beta Testers

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 9, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming macOS High Sierra update to developers, a week and a half after releasing the first macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 beta and two weeks after releasing the new High Sierra operating system to the public.

The second macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 beta can be downloaded from the Apple Developer Center or through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store with the proper profile installed.

[​IMG]

macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 appears to focus on bug fixes, performance improvements, security enhancements, and other under-the-hood changes, but it also introduces a range of new Unicode 10 emoji like crazy face, pie, pretzel, t-rex, vampire, exploding head, face vomiting, shushing face, love you gesture, brain, scarf, zebra, giraffe, fortune cookie, pie, hedgehog, and more.

macOS High Sierra is a major update that introduces APFS, a new more modern file system, HEIF and HEVC photo and video encoding improvements for smaller file sizes without compromising quality, Metal 2, and several new features for Safari, like autoplay blocking for videos and Intelligent Tracking Prevention to better protect user privacy.

Update: Apple has also released the second beta of macOS 10.13.1 to public beta testers.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 Beta to Developers and Public Beta Testers

2. StevieD100 macrumors 6502a

StevieD100

The Emojii are coming... Run for the hills...

Seriously, Why can't Apple make these a free download from the Apple Store? In my estimation, 99.99% of users would not use any of them.

3. H2SO4 macrumors 601

Judging by the level of freezes and errant behaviour I'm experiencing I though the beta was what I was using.

4. tywebb13 macrumors 68020

Now that my thread is closed I repeat what I said there: Build number is 17B35a

5. tw1ll macrumors regular

I just wish Apple would push on and get to 10.13.3 so I can have some confidence the damn thing won’t be a retrograde step.

6. tophr macrumors newbie

tophr

Fingers crossed this includes the supplemental update fixes

7. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68030

The release of a new beta seems to be pretty good evidence that they are pushing on.

8. Chris The Bipolarbear macrumors regular

Chris The Bipolarbear

At least updates show up on release notification Now

9. tmoney468, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017

tmoney468 macrumors 6502a

Hopefully this version is better, High Sierra has been pretty bad for me. All the sudden my computer freezes and it logs me out, losing work. Other times it just freezes and i have to hard restart

I should say, I had this happen with the official release. Installed Developer Beta 1 to see if it fixed it. Nope.

Also have an issue with the media keys not working on the keyboard. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I know they changed the way they function, but there's times where I'm in the same program and can pause/play music and then 5 mins later they suddenly don't work.

10. SigEp265 macrumors 6502

SigEp265

Yeah after I updated it on my mac mini I going to wait a while before I updated my main work computer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11. Tokenfreak macrumors 6502

Tokenfreak

12. Guy Clark Suspended

Guy Clark

How about Apple releasing the security update for macOS Sierra and OS X El Capitan already released for macOS High Sierra.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 9, 2017 ---
    Just stick with macOS 10.12.6 Sierra its the best release since OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard.

13. headlessmike macrumors newbie

headlessmike

Presumably like you I will never use them, but among most of my less techie friends new emoji are the one thing that really compels them to update their devices.

I never quite understand the grudge people here hold against new emojis, if Apple did not include other Unicode elements people would be furious (imagine they didn't implement certain character sets from non-latin script). New emoji are such a small and easy thing to include in an update after all, they hardly take much time away from Apple's engineers.

14. Guy Clark Suspended

Guy Clark

Which is the precisely the reason why users rely heavily on their Macs for intensive daily productivity should wait until at least 10.13.3 before upgrading.
    Many forget High Sierra is a major new release not least because it has an entirely new file system.

15. Pike R. Alpha macrumors 6502

Pike R. Alpha

Comes with new NVMe firmware updates for the latest iMac18,n with board-id's:

Mac-4B682C642B45593E
    Mac-77F17D7DA9285301
    Mac-BE088AF8C5EB4FA2

16. Leslie Horvath macrumors newbie

The dictation does not work in safari and in word. 10.13 official :(
    Is the beta solve this problem?

17. Erulezz macrumors newbie

How is the WindowServer process handling scaled resolutions for retina screens in this newest beta? Still leaking memory like crazy or is it fixed?

18. HenrikWivel, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017

HenrikWivel macrumors newbie

I have just installed the latest beta, and now, I cannot connect to my WD MyCloud EX2/EX2 Ultra NAS drives.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Amazing what a NAS server reboot can do to solve your issues :)

19. tmoney468 macrumors 6502a

Exactly, never had this problem in the past and in the future will wait for more stable releases

20. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

21. scott_donald macrumors regular

Here is hoping it will solve my 2xLG 5K crashes and problems.... reported it enough!!!

22. leroyyy macrumors newbie

leroyyy

Probably because the Unicode Emoji Subcommittee is now one of the foundations of modern international relations.

Get into the spirit man!

;)

23. BaltimoreMediaBlog macrumors 6502a

BaltimoreMediaBlog

The irony of this story is that the Feedback Assistant in High Sierra itself has a bug within it that doesn't allow you to send any Bug Reports from the MAIL program. It constantly gives an error that bug report failed to send to server and is discarded. So how do I tell them this or the Bold text bug in email messages?

Epic Fail again Apple. :(

24. tywebb13 macrumors 68020

From the seed note:

Notes and Known Issues

Foundation

Known Issues

• ClientsofNSURLSessionStreamTaskthatuseanon-secureconnectionfailtoconnect when an error occurs during PAC file evaluation and the system is configured for either Web Proxy Auto Discovery (WPAD) or Proxy Automatic Configuration (PAC). A PAC evaluation failure can occur when the PAC file contains invalid JavaScript or the HTTP host serving the PAC file is unreachable. (33609198)

Workaround: Use startSecureConnection to establish a secure connection.

Safari

New Issues

• Some webmail clients don't load correctly. (34826998)

Vision

Known Issues

• VNFaceLandmarkRegion2D is currently unavailable in Swift. (33191123)

• Facial landmarks identified by the Vision framework may flicker in temporal use cases,

such as video. (32406440)

25. LarryJoe33 macrumors 65816

LarryJoe33

I am a public tester but I ran a terminal command (I got from someone here) when the last dev beta was released and it showed up. I assumed the command was permanent and I would receive dev beta releases through the App store.

It's not showing up for me?