Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

os_x_yosemite_round_icon.jpg
Apple today seeded the second beta of OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite to developers, two weeks after seeing the first 10.10.2 beta and two and a half weeks after releasing OS X 10.10.1 to the public.

The new beta, build 14C78c, is available through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store and should be available in the Mac Dev Center soon.

Like OS X 10.10.1, as a minor update, OS X 10.10.2 is likely to bring bug fixes and performance improvements to the operating system. OS X 10.10.1 introduced several reliability enhancements, including improvements to Wi-Fi, but many users have still been reporting issues with Wi-Fi stability in Yosemite.

In the release notes for the second 10.10.2 beta, Apple asks developers to focus on Wi-Fi, indicating the update may fix some of the lingering Wi-Fi problems.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite Beta to Developers

jontech

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2010
Hawaii
Yosemite has been really solid for me. Could use some performance tweaks but other then that it's been great

mkeeley

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2007
Had enough of the wifi and bluetooth problems, upgraded back to Mavericks, almost forgotten how much better it looks and it works.

dfs

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2008
California
Wi-fi issues

I hope Bluetooth is included under the general heading of "Wi-fi," since at least on my Mac (Retina 27" iMac with Yosemite preinstalled) it just plain doesn't work. Or is Apple playing ostrich about this issue? Since the alleged interoperability of Mac and iPhone is a big talking-point for Yosemite, this would be a classic case of self-foot-shoot.

LevMac

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2008
QLD, Australia
Hoping for TWO things fixed:

1) Log in screen shown on the correct display using TWO monitors

2) Safari "lag" when typing and general navigating

:)

dannys1

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2007
UK
Had enough of the wifi and bluetooth problems, upgraded back to Mavericks, almost forgotten how much better it looks and it works.

I on the other hand thought Mavericks looked disgustingly cluttered and dated within about 30 minutes of upgrading to Yosemite. I couldn't wait to get all the Macs in the household on it, unfortunately I had to wait a little longer to get the (old) iMac up to date.

Erastopic

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2014
Norway
I miss back in the Yosemite DP's with the (almost) consistent release dates for new updates.

This update was long awaited with the insanely irritating Chrome crash as well as other errors and issues I have encountered. It should have been pushed earlier but at the same time..

Coding an OS is not the easiest thing in the world so I bet they have fixed more than some can notice.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yeah, being an early adopter is hard work. It's not for everyone.

A general release should not necessarily be considered early adopter territory. That's what the beta program is for. There's no excuse for the problems to exist this far after Yosemite is released. There's a very obvious quality control problem within Apple, and I'm sure they are aware of it, too.

skwood

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
England
Very pleased to also note that the Steam UI overlay accessibility problems are also fixed with this release :)

+1 to "snappier" Safari, a genuine difference so far (not placebo I hope) and my speeds have jumped by 10mbps (tested immediately before and after on speedtest.net)

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I miss back in the Yosemite DP's with the (almost) consistent release dates for new updates.

This update was long awaited with the insanely irritating Chrome crash as well as other errors and issues I have encountered. It should have been pushed earlier but at the same time..

Coding an OS is not the easiest thing in the world so I bet they have fixed more than some can notice.

The Chrome crash has nothing to do with problems within Yosemite, it has to do with the Chrome team failing to check it on Yosemite. APIs were deprecated. If this latest release fixes the problem for you, then either you were updated to a newer version of Chrome or the deprecated APIs were restored. Do you know?

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
With so few variants of Apple computers out there I find it annoying they can't work out the majority of bugs before unleashing OSX on the public.

Millions of lines of code. Millions to billions of user scenarios. Various routers and configurations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.