Apple Seeds Second Public Beta of macOS Mojave 10.14.4

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 5, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming macOS Mojave 10.14.4 update to its public beta testing group, one day after seeding the second beta to developers and a week after releasing the first macOS Mojave 10.14.4 public beta.

The macOS Mojave update can be downloaded using the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store after downloading the appropriate profile from Apple's beta testing website. Apple's beta testing site gives users access to iOS, macOS, and tvOS betas.

[​IMG]

macOS Mojave 10.14.4, along with iOS 12.2, introduces support for Apple News in Canada for the first time, allowing Canadian users to read the news in French or English.

The update also includes support for Touch ID-enabled Safari AutoFill and automatic Dark Mode themes in Safari. That means if you have Dark Mode enabled on macOS Mojave, when you visit a website with a dark theme, it will be activated automatically. You can see a demo of the feature here.

macOS Mojave 10.14.4 will likely be in beta testing for the next several weeks as Apple refines features and works out bugs. After that, it will see a release alongside iOS 12.2, watchOS 5.2, and tvOS 12.2.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Public Beta of macOS Mojave 10.14.4

2. dlastmango macrumors 6502

Any signs of 2019 iMacs in the code?

3. harriska2 macrumors 6502a

harriska2

No spank you. I’m on 10.14.1 because Apple tends to break stuff in their official updates. Staying away from the public betas. The iOS public beta - that I might try if there is something juicy in there.

4. blacktape242 macrumors 65832

blacktape242

please fix the email bug. its annoying as hell.

5. orbital~debris macrumors 6502a

orbital~debris

What is this email bug you speak of?

6. blacktape242 macrumors 65832

blacktape242

mail keeps having you log into your gmail accounts. After updating, looks like its working as it should.

7. nvmls macrumors 6502a

nvmls

odd, luckily no issues here, although we've been through that a couple of times before.

8. felixculpa macrumors newbie

felixculpa

Apple sent me this: As a result of your feedback, there are software changes in build 18E184e that may have resolved this issue. Is this issue fixed for you in this build? If you are still seeing this issue, please provide any reproduction steps so we may investigate further. Thanks for your feedback!
    So they do pay attention to the feedback!

9. dougc macrumors newbie

I've got an iMac Pro, and have had Instalation trouble with both the public betas for 10.14.4. after loading the initial log in screen and logging in to the machine w my administrator's password, the screen goes back to the black boot up screen w the apple logo. then back to the login screen. Seems like something never gets loaded. I have tried booting to safe mode but no joy, works as above. thankfully recovery mode and reinstalling 10.14.3 works as advertised.

Any other folks seen this?

10. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

not on the prior .4 one and imac pro here. haven't tried this latest yet.

11. dougc macrumors newbie

Grrr... I could be looking for a complete reinstall at some point

Doug

12. Bigsk8r macrumors 6502

Bigsk8r

My Mac Pro randomly locks up with any version of Mojave. if I didn't love dark mode so much, or if a power cycle took longer, I would have been back to High Sierra the day after I installed Mojave.

Hopefully, that gets worked out soon.

13. project_2501 macrumors 6502

I really really really wish they'd fix the font rendering issue.

• its BAD on non-retina displays
    • its a regression on retina / high res displays

(the answer isn't buy a new computer unless you're offering to pay)

14. groovyd macrumors 65816

groovyd

lol, so glad I quit being a public beta tester a couple years ago after a number of mishaps including my laptop being bricked.

15. mschmalenbach macrumors regular

Oh I DO hope there are some more emojis. Never mind about bug fixes, distract us with new emojis!!!

16. ignatius345 macrumors 68000

Same. Twice I've fallen into the trap of wanting early access and twice I've found that being a beta tester is exactly what it sounds like. I applaud those with the patience to do it, but for me it's final releases only going forward. The good news is, MacOS is very easy to restore from a backup.

17. haddy macrumors regular

Okay, touching wood here, 10.14.4 betas 1 and 2 (10.14.4 Beta (18E184e) are very much more stable and more responsive than 10.14.3 release version on my machine.... 2017 i7 iMac 64 GIG RAM.

18. archerx macrumors newbie

Oh dear, mine has been stuck at the black screen for a few hours. I have tried to restart but it doesn't solve the issue. Any advice?

19. haddy macrumors regular

Yep.....if iMac unplug the power. Then replug and hit the start button.

20. macmacgoose macrumors regular

This is the second time that installing a Mojave beta has borked Firefox for me. Had to downgrade to Firefox 63.0.3. Caprine (FB Messenger wrapper app) has also stopped working.