Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the seventh beta of an upcoming iOS 12.4 update to developers, one week after seeding the sixth iOS 12.4 beta, and two months after releasing iOS 12.3, a major update that introduced a revamped TV app.

Registered developers can download the new iOS 12.4 beta from Apple's Developer Center or over the air once the proper configuration profile has been installed from the Developer Center. Public Beta testers can download the beta over the air.

ios12banner-800x416.jpg

There were no new features discovered in the first six iOS 12.4 betas, so it's not entirely clear what's coming in the update. As a more significant 12.x update, it's possible that the update is focusing on a feature that's not yet available -- the Apple Card.

Apple is planning to release the Apple Card in the summer, so iOS 12.4 could be the update that prepares the iOS operating system for that launch, adding hidden features that will be unlocked when the update becomes available to the public. If we find new features in the seventh beta of iOS 12.4, we'll update this post.

iOS 12.4 may be one of the last updates to the iOS 12 operating system as Apple transitions to iOS 13, set to launch this September, and as we are now at beta seven, the update could see a release in the very near future.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Seventh Beta of iOS 12.4 to Developers and Public Beta Testers

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
So the final release will be either tomorrow or thursday please?
Only Apple knows for sure and nobody can guarantee. But it seems in the past when Apple releases a full build in the beta, it’s the final release and that version is released very quickly (a day or two) after the full build beta.

CarSch

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2019
Only Apple knows for sure and nobody can guarantee. But it seems in the past when Apple releases a full build in the beta, it’s the final release and that version is released very quickly (a day or two) after the full build beta.
Great! Fingers crossed it comes out this week then!

Reactions: I7guy

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
I can’t be the only one desperate to apply for the Apple Card lol. I want better rewards and have held off applying for other cards since they announced this in March.

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
I can’t be the only one desperate to apply for the Apple Card lol. I want better rewards and have held off applying for other cards since they announced this in March.

Not enough rewards in it for me and no authorized users either. Not a win yet for me.

danny1305

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2018
If you want good rewards, why are you even considering this card??? The rewards are terrible

Reactions: decypher44

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
If you want good rewards, why are you even considering this card??? The rewards are terrible
Terrible how? 3% on Apple and 2% on all other purchases with no fee is good no? I see only 2 other cards that have non-category 2% back on card search sites? Am I missing something?

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
There are dozens of you that feel it is worthy of a hard pull :p

Why do people keep saying this? So, your credit score takes a five-point hit one month. *gasp* It will easily and quickly rebound. Unless you have frequent hard pulls, there is no issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.