Apple Seeds Sixth Beta of iOS 10.3 to Developers [Update: Public Beta Now Available]

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 13, 2017.

1. mkextremer macrumors newbie

Does anyone have a problem with facebook being inconsistent in loading times? This has been a problem for me since iOS 9 I believe.

I know this has nothing to do with this beta but I really need to know if there is a fix

2. krjc65 macrumors newbie

krjc65

Hopefully this fixes the black screen camera issue I gained ever since I upgraded to 10.2.1 on my 6 plus. I am tired of taking/texting photos to myself through the messenger app. Camera works through certain apps, but the not the ones that access the camera and save to photos. The fact that it works through some tells me it has to be a software issue.

3. kissmo macrumors 6502a

Does APFS influence the performance of your device?
    I mean - is it noticeable?

4. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

I downloaded beta 5 this morning. I don't know where the performance boost is coming from but it is definitely real.

5. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

You probably didn't allow acces to the camera in those Apps.
    If you don't those Apps can't use the camera.
    Go to Settings/Privacy/Camera and see if those Apps which can't acces are listed.
    Yes, it will be faster, the moment I installed it I could see quite a difference.

6. kissmo macrumors 6502a

Ok that's good news.
    However I do have one little concern. On the phone - it's fine. I am wondering if the Watch will also get a FS upgrade to APFS?
    If yes then I will be a little scared to do the update in case something bad happens....

7. c.leonard66h macrumors regular

anyone on the public beta program. Whats the build number?

Just checking if same as developer build.

8. 33man macrumors regular

[​IMG]

9. mr.bee macrumors 6502a

mr.bee

My dnd button doesn't seem to work with this release on my iPad mini 4
    I click it and notifications still come through...

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

On the lock screen or while you are using the device (is DND set to only work when locked or always)?

11. mr.bee macrumors 6502a

mr.bee

while i'm using the device. I was watching TV with a local tv app, when DND is on it normally doesn't disturb. Now it did, both with messenger and messages. (no favourite contacts either)

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Try making sure it's set to always in settings and perhaps disable and re-enable again? Maybe even restart your device?

13. csurfr macrumors 6502

Are you referring to the bug in which: You're in messages and want to take a picture to attach, then turn the phone into landscape mode and the screen goes entirely black?

I can only hope this is addressed. . .It has been there for a long time and I have submitted it on every beta so far. No fix.

14. The Mad Hatter macrumors 6502a

The Mad Hatter

I get the same thing with the Videos and TV app. I reported it, but their suggestion was unacceptable for me. They wanted me to delete the Videos app and just keep the TV. Not happening until they fix the Home Sharing portion of the TV app.

15. Paul Dawkins Suspended

Paul Dawkins

Damn it's fast now. Animations fluid. Awesome. 10.3 is like a completely different iOS.

16. joy.757 macrumors regular

Excited for APFS, though I don't think it'll have any visible change for iOS devices.

17. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

So unless I have AirPoids the next update will be pretty much meh.....

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

If you don't count APFS, or various other changes/fixes. But, ultimately depends on what you might get excited about as far as it being of actual excitement or not.

19. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

Not if you read the article. It touts the Airpods feature as the most noticeable update. Did you read it and see the quote I posted?

20. C DM macrumors Westmere

That is the "biggest consumer-facing feature" in the update; which doesn't say anything about there not being some smaller user consumer-facing changes or other changes that might not be directly consumer-facing (and in fact at least some of type of things are also mentioned after the small selected quote).

21. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

So in other words meh...Then if you have issue with the articles content ...Take it up with the author....

22. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like I'm not the one with the issue with the wording in the article given that it lays it all out just as I mentioned. As for "meh" part of it, seems like that's basically what I originally commented on.

23. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

No it really seems you did not like the meh comment. Then you seem to want to make is personal rather than about the content. If you don't like the author pointing out the facts...Take it up with him. I quoted his comment....You instead want to make it personal. Please stop.....

24. C DM macrumors Westmere

No idea about anything personal aside from your commentary seemingly trying to somehow steer and spin it that way for some reason. Your original post seemingly implied that the update didn't really have anything to it aside from one feature, or at least that the article was somehow implying that. I commented primarily on that part of it. Fairly straightforward without anything personal in any of that.

25. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

No my post was a direct quote from the article....which you don't seem to have any issues with the article...but instead want to get into a back an forth with me for some reason......just stop. Look at my original post......it was a direct quote.....
    I don't have AirPods....so as a consumer this update is very much meh.....

If you do not like the article's depiction or that description. You should take it up with the author...