Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkextremer

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2017
Does anyone have a problem with facebook being inconsistent in loading times? This has been a problem for me since iOS 9 I believe.

I know this has nothing to do with this beta but I really need to know if there is a fix

krjc65

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2017
Hopefully this fixes the black screen camera issue I gained ever since I upgraded to 10.2.1 on my 6 plus. I am tired of taking/texting photos to myself through the messenger app. Camera works through certain apps, but the not the ones that access the camera and save to photos. The fact that it works through some tells me it has to be a software issue.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Hopefully this fixes the black screen camera issue I gained ever since I upgraded to 10.2.1 on my 6 plus. I am tired of taking/texting photos to myself through the messenger app. Camera works through certain apps, but the not the ones that access the camera and save to photos. The fact that it works through some tells me it has to be a software issue.

You probably didn't allow acces to the camera in those Apps.
If you don't those Apps can't use the camera.
Go to Settings/Privacy/Camera and see if those Apps which can't acces are listed.
Does APFS influence the performance of your device?
I mean - is it noticeable?

Yes, it will be faster, the moment I installed it I could see quite a difference.

Reactions: kissmo

kissmo

Cancelled
Jun 29, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
You probably didn't allow acces to the camera in those Apps.
If you don't those Apps can't use the camera.
Go to Settings/Privacy/Camera and see if those Apps which can't acces are listed.

Yes, it will be faster, the moment I installed it I could see quite a difference.

Ok that's good news.
However I do have one little concern. On the phone - it's fine. I am wondering if the Watch will also get a FS upgrade to APFS?
If yes then I will be a little scared to do the update in case something bad happens....

c.leonard66h

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2015
anyone on the public beta program. Whats the build number?

Just checking if same as developer build.

33man

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2011
anyone on the public beta program. Whats the build number?

Just checking if same as developer build.
rCh5MnQ.jpg

Reactions: tremlock

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
My dnd button doesn't seem to work with this release on my iPad mini 4
I click it and notifications still come through...
On the lock screen or while you are using the device (is DND set to only work when locked or always)?

mr.bee

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2007
Antwerp, belgium
On the lock screen or while you are using the device (is DND set to only work when locked or always)?
while i'm using the device. I was watching TV with a local tv app, when DND is on it normally doesn't disturb. Now it did, both with messenger and messages. (no favourite contacts either)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
while i'm using the device. I was watching TV with a local tv app, when DND is on it normally doesn't disturb. Now it did, both with messenger and messages. (no favourite contacts either)
Try making sure it's set to always in settings and perhaps disable and re-enable again? Maybe even restart your device?

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA

Are you referring to the bug in which: You're in messages and want to take a picture to attach, then turn the phone into landscape mode and the screen goes entirely black?

I can only hope this is addressed. . .It has been there for a long time and I have submitted it on every beta so far. No fix.

The Mad Hatter

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
SoCal
Since the 1st 10.3 beta the Video app on my iPad keeps reappearing after random timeframes on the 1st screen, even after being moved to a folder or another screen. I've used feedback but they seem to igore this big.

I get the same thing with the Videos and TV app. I reported it, but their suggestion was unacceptable for me. They wanted me to delete the Videos app and just keep the TV. Not happening until they fix the Home Sharing portion of the TV app.

joy.757

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2014
Excited for APFS, though I don't think it'll have any visible change for iOS devices.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So unless I have AirPoids the next update will be pretty much meh.....
If you don't count APFS, or various other changes/fixes. But, ultimately depends on what you might get excited about as far as it being of actual excitement or not.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
If you don't count APFS, or various other changes/fixes. But, ultimately depends on what you might get excited about as far as it being of actual excitement or not.
Not if you read the article. It touts the Airpods feature as the most noticeable update. Did you read it and see the quote I posted?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Not if you read the article. It touts the Airpods feature as the most noticeable update. Did you read it and see the quote I posted?
That is the "biggest consumer-facing feature" in the update; which doesn't say anything about there not being some smaller user consumer-facing changes or other changes that might not be directly consumer-facing (and in fact at least some of type of things are also mentioned after the small selected quote).

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
That is the "biggest consumer-facing feature" in the update; which doesn't say anything about there not being some smaller user consumer-facing changes or other changes that might not be directly consumer-facing (and in fact at least some of type of things are also mentioned after the small selected quote).
So in other words meh...Then if you have issue with the articles content ...Take it up with the author....

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So in other words meh...Then if you have issue with the articles content ...Take it up with the author....
Seems like I'm not the one with the issue with the wording in the article given that it lays it all out just as I mentioned. As for "meh" part of it, seems like that's basically what I originally commented on.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Seems like I'm not the one with the issue with the wording in the article given that it lays it all out just as I mentioned. As for "meh" part of it, seems like that's basically what I originally commented on.
No it really seems you did not like the meh comment. Then you seem to want to make is personal rather than about the content. If you don't like the author pointing out the facts...Take it up with him. I quoted his comment....You instead want to make it personal. Please stop.....

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
No it really seems you did not like the meh comment. Then you seem to want to make is personal rather than about the content. If you don't like the author pointing out the facts...Take it up with him. I quoted his comment....You instead want to make it personal. Please stop.....
No idea about anything personal aside from your commentary seemingly trying to somehow steer and spin it that way for some reason. Your original post seemingly implied that the update didn't really have anything to it aside from one feature, or at least that the article was somehow implying that. I commented primarily on that part of it. Fairly straightforward without anything personal in any of that.

Reactions: I7guy

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
No idea about anything personal aside from your commentary seemingly trying to somehow steer and spin it that way for some reason. Your original post seemingly implied that the update didn't really have anything to it aside from one feature, or at least that the article was somehow implying that. I commented primarily on that part of it. Fairly straightforward without anything personal in any of that.
No my post was a direct quote from the article....which you don't seem to have any issues with the article...but instead want to get into a back an forth with me for some reason......just stop. Look at my original post......it was a direct quote.....
The biggest consumer-facing feature in iOS 10.3 is "Find My AirPods,"
I don't have AirPods....so as a consumer this update is very much meh.....

If you do not like the article's depiction or that description. You should take it up with the author...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.