Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HowieIsaacks

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2013
Addison, TX
What do you mean by "There's a man page for it"?

"Man" stands for manual. In Terminal, you can access a manual for common functions by typing "man", and then the function you want to learn to use. Open Terminal, and type: "man trimforce" (without the quotes) and then hit return, and you will see a manual describing how to use trimforce. Type Q to quit the man page.

Milltek

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2011
U.S. Northeast
Has anyone else noticed that Apple Mail will not send an email out if you have already sent one. It places it in the Outbox and you have to re-start Mail and then it sends it out??

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Wales
Does this version format the drive to APFS while installing automatically or it need fresh install ?
No expert here but I did an install direct from the old normal Seirra (beta) and I did not get the option to convert to APFS and it is greyed out in disk utility. On a 2013 late iMac 1tb fusion drive. Still on the old format.

ppina

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2017
My iCloud drive dont work after install beta version .
icloud dont sync on high sierra beta

KUKitch

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2008
England
No expert here but I did an install direct from the old normal Seirra (beta) and I did not get the option to convert to APFS and it is greyed out in disk utility. On a 2013 late iMac 1tb fusion drive. Still on the old format.

Just to add to this - I installed the beta on Sunday from Sierra and it did convert to APFS, but I didn't have an option for that and it didn't appear to mention it was going to do that anywhere... fortunately it seems to have gone all right!

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Wales
Just to add to this - I installed the beta on Sunday from Sierra and it did convert to APFS, but I didn't have an option for that and it didn't appear to mention it was going to do that anywhere... fortunately it seems to have gone all right!
If I unmount my external drives the option is available. I assume if I safe mode my main it will work.

Edit, safe mode did not allow me. Maybe on a second drive.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.