Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TruePS4WiiUFan

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2013
Is the Beta for public now on Beta Six? I am confused because when I checked the update and I noticed that it reads as Beta 4 is now available to download. Not five or six... or am I missing something here...???

Thank you in advance and Happy Computing or Gaming or whatever it is that you are doing at this moment...

Egregius

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2023
Beitem, BE
I haven’t used an iOS beta in many years

Do they tend to have major issues?

I’ve been running Sonoma as my main desktop os since the first beta and it’s great so I’m tempted to try
Every year I installed all public beta's, now on the developer beta's. Never seen mayor issues. But, always keep in mind that it's beta for a reason.

parameter

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2004
Arizona
Why didn't they just allow StandBy on iPads? This would definitely give them an in, to get into people's homes like Alexa and Google hubs. I think it's a huge mistake and major missed opportunity. They have to start somewhere, and it needs a screen.
So no, a Homepod doesn't help the same.

rutiger

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2006
*** EDIT ***
Gave me a good scare, but nothing to it.
Post update said there was an issue with Apple Pay, but then I rebooted it again and it resolved itself.
No Further Issues to Report
Mine too!
iPhone 12 Pro
Yeah it was a code brown situation here when I thought my phone was borked. Luckily after waiting for the recovery process to finish it came back to life.

DerrickEver

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2013
Don’t do it. There’s always battery issues at the very least. Wait a few more weeks for the GM.
Yes, but…that depends. I’m on the iOS public betas and have had no significant issues. But I know every case is different. Performance is fast and responsive and I’ve noticed no battery issues. But again betas are known to have hiccups and some folks have them yet others do not.

It’s always a gamble. There’s no one answer to the question of should one install or not. It all depends on one’s risk tolerance.

OlliFlamme

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2018
Sweden
sadly…

- Siri is not smarter, far from it, she still randomly interprets queries by playing a song containing my words in it

- Siri still has irregularities with volume, where it responds at max volume when using the (hey) Siri command. It has been an issue for years, with iphones since the 8 in my memory. Awfully enraging. When I tell her to dial it down, she shouts “this is as quiet as it gets”.
Yet, when I trigger Siri by using the button, the volume is low.

Siri is a function that makes me totally go mad at my phone, I kid you not. I would say it may perhaps be with intent, it’s overly ridiculous.

While we live in the middle of the AI era, Siri still sucks epically. She does even tell me there are no contacts named Tim Cook when I tell her she needs to tell him that she needs improvement because she still sucks after so many years.

But we have a lockscreen, wihoo!

• Sad
Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

OlliFlamme

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2018
Sweden
Okay, the Siri volume behaviour is getting me more crazy now I used the … what to call it? … function on my iphone.

Volume is loud AF through my couple of homepod mini’s, and even if I talk to my phone using the power button, Siri answers (shouts*) on the homepods.

I cannot find any successful command to have the moronic assistant lower the voice. Not on my phone, not on the homepods.

Gonna update the homepods to the next beta, but I’m pretty sure the issue will keep haunting me for years.

Cause Apple is Apple: this issue exists for years, has been extensively reported and it never gets fixed.

I’m so thrilled!!

seanmcbay

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2009
Yes, but…that depends. I’m on the iOS public betas and have had no significant issues. But I know every case is different. Performance is fast and responsive and I’ve noticed no battery issues. But again betas are known to have hiccups and some folks have them yet others do not.

It’s always a gamble. There’s no one answer to the question of should one install or not. It all depends on one’s risk tolerance.
I’ve done betas quite a few times and the problems always seem to happen at the worst times. Totally not worth it on your main phone.

This made me check mine, I am amazed that it has a max of 91% for a phone that I purchased less than one year ago 🤯
That’s crazy. My 2 year old 13 Mini is at like 89.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.