Apple Seeds Sixth macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 Beta to Developers and Public Beta Testers

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 1, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today seeded the sixth beta of an upcoming macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 update to developers, a few days after seeding the fifth beta and a month after releasing the macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 update.

The new macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 beta can be downloaded from the Apple Developer Center or through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store with the proper profile installed.

[​IMG]

It's not yet clear what improvements the second major update to macOS High Sierra will bring, but it's likely to include bug fixes and performance improvements for issues that weren't addressed in macOS High Sierra 10.13.1.

This update may fix a serious macOS vulnerability that enables the root superuser on a Mac with no password or additional security check. Apple released a patch for the bug in macOS 10.31.1, but the issue has not been fixed as of yet in macOS 10.3.2.

No significant new features were discovered in the first five betas of macOS High Sierra 10.13.2, but we'll update this post should notable changes be found in the sixth beta.

Update: Today's macOs High Sierra 10.13.2 beta is also available for public beta testers.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Sixth macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 Beta to Developers and Public Beta Testers

2. forerunnerg34 macrumors 6502

forerunnerg34

And they still have to enabled APS for fusion drives.... fireworks.

3. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

Still not showing for me for some reason OTA. It is in the developer portal however.

4. Maflagulator macrumors member

Hmmmm, perhaps this will make most of us not regret finishing off Sierra too early before getting into a High Sierra edition of MacOS. Sierra to High Sierra - 04.jpg

;)

5. kohlson macrumors 68000

It's hard to know what to wish for on this, since so far it's carnival whack-a mole, where whopping one bug has an immediate and simultaneous effect of forcing another to emerge. Note to Apple: No one is in a rush for a bad job.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, then there are also those who would say that not rushing to fix a security issue wouldn't be good either. Sure, fixing it right the first time is better, and not having the issue to begin with is best, but then there's reality in play where things aren't always better or best despite the efforts that are made toward that.

7. kagharaht macrumors 6502a

Portable Spinners on APS has to be mounted every time I use it on my late 2013 iMac purchased on 2015. I reformatted them back to HFS and they mount normally as before.

8. lunarworks macrumors 65816

It's a filesystem. I'm fine with waiting for them to work out all the bugs.

9. kohlson macrumors 68000

I understand the concept - I've worked for many decades in technology product development. But setting aside the normal dot-zero issues, an OS was released with what can be described as the most egregious issue ever (nearly open access to root); the initial fix which was to break file sharing. MR forums are filled with other issues (the one most painful to me is the Nvidia driver issue on 2013 and 2014 MBPs). But the root issue was just pure sloppiness, especially for a company that derives some of its brand value on security. It wouldn't surprise me if someone's new reality no longer includes an Apple badge.

10. Vashetti macrumors regular

Vashetti

It's good they didn't make us beta testers wait till next week for the security fix.

11. tywebb13 macrumors 68020

12. HBX macrumors member

HBX

Change log would be nice, but seeing as it's 17C85a looks as if this may just be released to include the root bug fix.

13. einsteinbqat macrumors regular

einsteinbqat

14. MikhailT macrumors 601

15. gregsapphire macrumors member

Safari keeps crashing since updating. Anyone with these issues? Any fix ideas?

16. Megaxl3001 macrumors newbie

17. hppy29 macrumors 6502a

Yup, Safari is crashing non stop after the updates..

I have tried all the usual stuff, but now having to use firefox...

18. Vashetti macrumors regular

Vashetti

19. JerryDon macrumors newbie

JerryDon

High Sierra went bonkers starting with the next to last Beta version prior to release. It bricked my system (had been fine throughout the beta releases for months prior. The released 10.13 has yet to be successfully installed on my iMac (late 2012). I first tried my internal Fusion Drive (gave up on that, when it tanked similar to the failed beta release that I mentioned above - had to rebuild again). Next, I built (2) external HD's with 10.12 (given the advertised issues from Apple, concerning Fusion Drives) and just tried one of them as opposed to the Internal Fusion Drive (It failed.), coming up with to the same screen you displayed above (Utility Screen). I reloaded the 10.13 update from scratch and experienced the same failure. I've been an Apple Fan/User since the 80's - This is the biggest piece of Crap I've ever seen from Apple - It's ridiculous! I guess I'm destined to not being able to update hence forth.

20. RowdyYates macrumors member

RowdyYates

Safari crashes for me when a link opens a new tab. Otherwise seems ok.

21. fpsBeaTt Suspended

fpsBeaTt

The standards you guys have for your writers are staggering

22. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems fairly straightforward.

23. rek71226 macrumors newbie

Yes, I had to switch to Chrome. I couldn't find anything that works. Others are seeing...

24. fpsBeaTt Suspended

fpsBeaTt

You seem fairly straight forward.

25. mac.rumors macrumors regular