Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wesley96

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2009
Safari and Spotlight has been crashing since applying the 2017-001 security patch on the 10.13.1 version. Specifically, Safari crashes after a few seconds upon launch, and Spotlight is in a crash-relaunch loop every few seconds with the magnifier icon appearing and disappearing constantly. This is not an isolated issue - there is another thread where many are seeing the same issue, including myself.

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...001-safari-spotlight-search-crashing.2092368/

Given the fact that the same fix is included in the 10.13.2 b6 and resulting in a similar problem, I have to suspect that something went south.

win32pro

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2017
[doublepost=1512215448][/doublepost]
Same problem.
Yes. Was with the previous beta as well. If you create a brand new account, there it works.
If you delete everything under ~/Library/WebKit, reboot, then Safari stays up, but the Spotlight keeps on crashing.

Looks like some bug got introduced on one of the betas.

rek71226

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
Yes, I had to switch to Chrome. I couldn't find anything that works. Others are seeing...

Safari is working today. I am not sure if it is related to an update that I did on my iPhone or not, but no longer crashing and it crashed about 30 times yesterday as I was working to debug. Hope it is fixed for everyone else as well.

rumormiller

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2017
Still no AirPlay from my late 2013 iMac with Nvidia 750m to my Apple TV 4, I just get a black screen :(
High Sierra broke this for me, used to work perfect with Sierra.
[doublepost=1512305505][/doublepost]I use Firefox 57 now after Safari had slowdowns became unstable because of High Sierra. Safari used to be rock-solid with Sierra.
I also love that with Firefox I can scale the user interface and web content through about:config layout.css.devPixelsPerPx 2, try doing that with Safari - you can't!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.