Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released the third beta of an upcoming iOS 9.3.2 update to developers for testing purposes, one week after the release of the second iOS 9.3.2 beta and more than a month after the launch of iOS 9.3, an update that introduced Night Shift mode and other feature improvements. iOS 9.3.2 has been in testing since April 6.

iOS 9.3.2 beta 3 can be downloaded over-the-air using the beta configuration profile or through the Apple Developer Center.

appleios93.jpg

iOS 9.3.2 is the second minor update to iOS 9.3, coming after iOS 9.3.1, an update that introduced critical bug fixes. iOS 9.3.2 appears to fix a major Game Center bug that has plagued some iOS users for months and it reintroduces the ability to use Night Shift and Low Power Mode simultaneously.

Aside from those tweaks, there appear to be no outward-facing changes, with the update focusing on under-the-hood improvements. Any new features or fixes found in the third beta will be listed below.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Third Beta of iOS 9.3.2 to Developers

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Installing now, will update this post with build number.

Build: 13F65.

Last edited:

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Wonder if all the stuttering on everyone's devices is fixed.
I hope it is. First time I have every experienced stutter on any device due to a software update and not hardware related. iPad 2 got pretty laggy on iOS 8+ but thats hardware fault.

13F65 according to a Twitter post I just saw...

Okay, thanks. I will confirm in about 5 minutes. Air 2 is installing.

Confirmed, Build is 13F65. Potential GM candidate?

33man

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2011
Size doesn't matters... I struggeling to inform 6+ users and my girlfriend... Anyway... I m waiting ios 10 with dozen useless features except if you are in US...

Reactions: big-ted and snavel

iTom17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Hopefully this fixes the stuttering (if you say there's no stuttering, you're lying. I never complain about that stuff but it was so bad with beta 2)
Agree. Shocking, as it was perfect with iOS 9.3. With previous betas of 9.3.2 they really messed up at that point. Hoping for some better results with this new beta.

kch50428

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2015
North Iowa
Confirmed, Build is 13F65. Potential GM candidate?
Maybe... but since the public beta isn't out yet - perhaps not... when dev & public betas come out at the same time may be a better indicator of potential public release coming soon... they don't do "GMs" on point releases - they just go public - often with the same build number as the last beta.
[doublepost=1461691170][/doublepost]
Am I an analyst yet?
4/7ths of the way there...

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Maybe... but since the public beta isn't out yet - perhaps not... when dev & public betas come out at the same time may be a better indicator of potential public release coming soon... they don't do "GMs" on point releases - they just go public - often with the same build number as the last beta.

Thats what I mean as GM candidate. That this could be the one that gets released to the public. Like they did with 9.2B4. That was released as a beta 4~ weeks before being released to public. Same build number.

nt5672

macrumors 68040
Jun 30, 2007
Midwest USA
Again, whats the point if there are no release notes? What does Apple think they fixed? What should be tested? What a waste of time!

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Also wondering if this fixes the random springboard crashes on iPad Pro 9.7. Just got another one just now. Usually happens in the app switcher.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Hopefully this fixes the stuttering (if you say there's no stuttering, you're lying. I never complain about that stuff but it was so bad with beta 2)
Ok I must be lying because I never had the stutter folks were describing on beta 2. Sorry. And I also saw from other "liars" that they didn't have any either. Hmmmm maybe YOU are lying when you say you do have it. (see it can go both ways) Or maybe you did have it along with other folks but others of us were not plagued with it on our devices for whatever reason.

Reactions: DCYorke
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.