Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lopezzi

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2002
Springfield, MO
It's been reported that this update fixes the AD lockout issues lots (including me) are having with our AD accounts locking after waking from sleep or screensaver. Finally! I can hopefully roll this out to all our users now!

Peaceful

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2005
AppleFS (APFS) has been in macOS Sierra since the beginning, but with several limitations that makes it impractical for most end users:
  • APFS volume cannot be a startup disk
  • You must use Terminal command to format a volume to APFS (not Disk Utility)
  • Filenames are case sensitive only (e.g., "iPhone.jpg" and "Iphone.jpg" are two different files), which causes compatibility issues with some apps
  • Missing Time Machine and FileVault support
I suspect macOS Sierra successor (as in 10.13, not 10.12.x) will remedy most, if not all, of these issues. I have been using APFS on external disk (which holds iTunes library) and I haven't run into any issues.

Case sensitivity is a feature, not a bug!

wizard

macrumors 68040
May 29, 2003
Version 16D25a

Edit: Seems like all AMD drivers have been updated, Modification Date on all is 06-01-2017.

Edit 2: Dug a bit deeper, all Graphic Drivers are updated, including AMD, Intel and Geforce.

That is good to hear. Been having problems with my 2015 MBP 13". Actually the developer release for the last couple of months have had numerous issues. Sierra started out pretty good and then went to hell after a couple of updates.

Reactions: nortonandreev

wizard

macrumors 68040
May 29, 2003
When is the so called AppleFS coming out? I thought that was one of the new features of Sierra...

Preview at best. Besides you don't want to install a new file system until after all the early adopters take all the arrows coming their way.
[doublepost=1483997428][/doublepost]
AppleFS (APFS) has been in macOS Sierra since the beginning, but with several limitations that makes it impractical for most end users:
  • APFS volume cannot be a startup disk
  • You must use Terminal command to format a volume to APFS (not Disk Utility)
  • Filenames are case sensitive only (e.g., "iPhone.jpg" and "Iphone.jpg" are two different files), which causes compatibility issues with some apps
  • Missing Time Machine and FileVault support
I suspect macOS Sierra successor (as in 10.13, not 10.12.x) will remedy most, if not all, of these issues. I have been using APFS on external disk (which holds iTunes library) and I haven't run into any issues.

Actually I'm hoping for case sensitivity to remain. That would eliminate compatibility issues with software from the Unix/Linux worlds. Yes it would create some issues but it would force updates to old software.

Reactions: ssgbryan

kingtj

macrumors 68030
Oct 23, 2003
Brunswick, MD
According to someone who commented in another thread on here, this beta 3 also fixes the majority of the issues that came up since Sierra was released with the revamped PDFKit breaking apps that try to access Preview as a document viewer, or causing Preview to damage/lose OCR data embedded in your existing PDF documents when you use it to edit and re-save them.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Preview at best. Besides you don't want to install a new file system until after all the early adopters take all the arrows coming their way.
[doublepost=1483997428][/doublepost]

Actually I'm hoping for case sensitivity to remain.
Right, I meant case sensitivity shouldn't cause problems with most apps by the time 10.13 comes out.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
The update is not showing on my end!

The direct links are in apple's developer forums if you need them - but if you use them you should follow instructions given there too.

Others just go there to get the links without reading the instructions and then report back that it failed - because they didn't follow the instructions - as if that were my fault - or apple's! And then I have to tell them to read the instructions!

That's something I could expect like something here or on other public forums - but on a developer forum??? I expect better there frankly.

Reactions: nikster0029

cult hero

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
I'm usually not too excited about point releases, but the current instability of the 2016 MBPs has me waiting for each of these. (That's not to say the machine is constantly crashing or anything, but given the stability I've grown accustomed to since... well, like... the last decade, this is definitely a step backwards.)

ArmCortexA8

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2010
Terra Australis
Hope this fixes the Key Repeat issue on MBPR 15" where changing the key repeat rate does not have any affect system-wide. You can adjust it from minimum to maximum however any app shows nothing changes when holding down any letter for any amount of time.

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2007
Version 16D25a

Edit: Seems like all AMD drivers have been updated, Modification Date on all is 06-01-2017.

Edit 2: Dug a bit deeper, all Graphic Drivers are updated, including AMD, Intel and Geforce.

I'm under the impression graphic driver updates has been included in more or less every OS X/macOS 10.x.x update for years.

loby

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
Version 16D25a

This is very encouraging....especially for the mac pro 2013.
[doublepost=1484007794][/doublepost]
Ohh my god!! Hell just froze!!!! This is unbelievable! New AMD drivers.... insane, never thought to see this happen *cries* :)
Hopefully they give some performance improvements and I wonder which driver version they have implemented with this new beta release.
Can someone post a screen shot? It would be like Christmas for some.. :). Can't open until "next (Christmas) version comes..".

gruversm

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2009
Version 16D25a

The graphics drivers are the same from the last Beta build.

happyslayer

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2008
Glendale, AZ
Bring back the estimated time left on the battery.. the removal of that was such a troll move by Apple.
Just install Coconut Battery (free) it will let you show time remaining and percentage and current wattage used at the moment. Also, it seems more accurate than the old Time Remaining per Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.