Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the third betas of upcoming iOS and iPadOS 13.3 updates to developers, one week after seeding second betas and three weeks after the release of iOS 13.2 and iPadOS 13.2 with new emoji, Siri privacy controls, Deep Fusion, and more.

iOS and ??iPadOS?? 13.3 can be downloaded through the Apple Developer Center or over the air after the proper developer profile has been installed.

ryanscoolios13thumbnail-800x450.jpg

iOS 13.3 introduces Communication Limits for Screen Time, a feature that Apple promised would be coming in an iOS 13 update. Communication Limits allow parents to control who their children are able to contact both during downtime and during Screen Time.

Communication Limits include FaceTime, Phone, and Messages, along with iCloud contacts. Calls to emergency numbers are always allowed and will turn off communication limits for 24 hours when placed.

The update includes support for NFC, USB, and Lightning FIDO2-compliant security keys in Safari. That means physical security keys like the Lightning-equipped YubiKey can be used for more secure two-factor authentication in place of a software-based two-factor authentication option.

In the Keyboards section of the Settings app (under General), there's a new toggle that prevents Animoji and Memoji stickers from being displayed as an option on the Emoji Keyboard, and when editing a video, there's an option to save the edited version as a new clip rather than saving over the original.

Apple has also tweaked the Apple Watch app icon, changing the color of the Digital Crown from black to gray.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Third Betas of iOS 13.3 and iPadOS 13.3 to Developers

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
so after all the fuss about animoji & memoji and emojis, someone came to their senses over there and now we can turn the whole bloody show off via a keyboard toggle. Thank goodness. Granted a couple of the emoji are useful (red dot, green check etc) but it has become so overwhelming that I never wanted to open up that Pandora's box anymore.

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010
Watch OS 6.1.1 (17S5446a) has been released as well as Catalina 10.15.2 (19C46a)

*minimal release notes on all so far
[automerge]1574275266[/automerge]

Reactions: harriska2

rbgaynor

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2010
Southern California
so after all the fuss about animoji & memoji and emojis, someone came to their senses over there and now we can turn the whole bloody show off via a keyboard toggle. Thank goodness. Granted a couple of the emoji are useful (red dot, green check etc) but it has become so overwhelming that I never wanted to open up that Pandora's box anymore.

This just disables the animoji and memoji on the emoji keyboard. Emoji keyboard is still an option.

Reactions: NetMage

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
I’m really starting to love iPad OS. it’s on its way to being amazing.

Won’t go near Catalina with a 50 foot pole. Hopefully the alpha quality media apps and the regressive bugs get fixed fast. Holding us back from buying hardware now that Apple has fixed one of the keyboards.

Reactions: Mr Todhunter

Justanotherfanboy

Suspended
Jul 3, 2018
What are red dots for? Lol, I think I need to step up my emoji game... I didn’t know we had a red dot!

EmotionalSnow

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2019
Linz, Austria
Why do you have to type in your iPhone password when starting the software update? I mean, isn't FaceID secure enough???

The only reason that I could think of is to make you think about it and whether you really want to update. It takes time and active thought & action to enter the code therefore you may reevaluate your decision to update.

Honestly this is a bit far-fetched but it was the only reason that came to my mind and sounded at least a bit logical.

Reactions: ThomasJL and mavis
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.