Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the third betas of iOS 17.1 and iPadOS 17.1 to developers for testing purposes, with the betas coming one week after Apple released the second betas of iOS 17.1 and iPadOS 17.1.

iOS-17.1-Feature-Purple.jpg

Registered developers are able to opt into the betas by opening up the Settings app, going to the Software Update section, tapping on the "Beta Updates" option, and toggling on the ‌iOS 17 or iPadOS 17‌ Developer Beta. An Apple ID associated with a developer account is required to download and install the beta.

iOS 17.1 adds the option to favorite songs, albums, playlists, artists, and more, with favorited content added to the Library and used for suggestions. Favoriting can be done from the Lock Screen using the Now Playing widget, plus when starting a playlist, you'll now see Song Suggestions.

AirDrop transfers can be finished over the internet so close proximity does not need to be maintained, and an Apple Watch running watchOS 10.1 can now use NameDrop with an iPhone running iOS 17.1.

Other new features include a flashlight indicator in the Dynamic Island for non iPhone 15 Pro models, and a Wallet feature that lets those in the UK connect their banks to see balances and transactions. More information is available in our iOS 17.1 features article.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Third Betas of iOS 17.1 and iPadOS 17.1 to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

Last edited:

Lvmyiphone

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2015
Can someone look into this when you are on silent mode vibration doesn't work on my 15 pro max I have mine set to just badge alerts on my 15PM tho my 14PM worked just fine lol I have done everything setup as new iPhone and changed and played with every setting you can think of..... It will only work if one of the notification banners are on but on iOS 16 you didn't have to have those turned on. I'm also hearing about this problem from other users

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
Quite a few things to fix. Safari crashes for me, maps/driving, menu bar disappearing….

Lvmyiphone

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2015
Yay! Set Silent Mode shortcut action is back!!
Can someone look into this when you are on silent mode vibration doesn't work on my 15 pro max I have mine set to just badge alerts on my 15PM tho my 14PM worked just fine lol I have done everything setup as new iPhone and changed and played with every setting you can think of..... It will only work if one of the notification banners are on but on iOS 16 you didn't have to have those turned on. I'm also hearing about this problem from other users

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Quite a few things to fix. Safari crashes for me, maps/driving, menu bar disappearing….
Yes, Safari crashing, sync of Messages getting broken with the Watch requiring a reboot of both. They need to fix also Messages autocorrect will stop working randomly, requiring a full close and reopening of the app. And hopefully it fixes the AirPods mute/hang up settings not saving and always reverting to default when I want one press to hang up.

Reactions: scarletfire

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA

Camerain page link

Known Issuesin page link

• Repeatedly entering Cinematic mode or switching between front facing and rear facing captures in Cinematic mode on iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro might cause the preview to freeze for a couple of seconds. (116128057)

Powerin page link

Resolved Issuesin page link

• Fixed: Increased power consumption might occur when an Apple watch running watchOS10.1 is paired with an iPhone with iOS 17.0 (or watchOS10.0 is paired with iOS17.1). (116348186)

Remote Widgetsin page link

• Fixed: Remote Widgets might render blank on mismatched iOS and macOS releases. (115436466)

SKAdNetworkin page link

• Fixed: Calling the deprecated SKAdNetwork registerAppForAdNetworkAttribution API will not reset the conversion value to 0 in SKAdNetwork 4.0 postbacks. (113371209)

StoreKitin page link

• Fixed issue where the completionBlock in loadProduct(withParameters:completionBlock:) would return success for an invalid product identifier. (114389619)

Wallet & Apple Payin page link

Known Issuesin page link

• Wallet might crash on launch for users on iOS 17.1 Beta 1 & 2 once Beta 3 is released. (116694764)
    Workaround: Update device to iOS 17.1 Beta 3.
  • The connection between a card and bank account might unexpectedly revoke. (116738732)
    Workaround: Follow the instructions in the “Update Your Connection” repair flow.
  • If the connection between a card and bank account is revoked, some users might encounter an error when completing the “Update Your Connection” repair flow. (116738863)
    Workaround: Opening Settings and navigate to Apple Pay & Wallet > Connections. Remove the connection to your institution, and re-connect your card again.

iPhone 12 in Francein page link

Notesin page link

• Updates the iPhone 12 for users in France to accommodate a test protocol for Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) testing. For more information, visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT213923(116601274)

Reactions: N0ughtsAndCr0sses

Remix26

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2015
Same, it’s been happening off and on with different betas. So far it is fixed on this version and working as it should. FINALLY

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.