Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the third betas of new iOS and iPadOS 14.7 updates to developers for testing purposes, two weeks after seeding the second iOS and iPadOS 14.7 updates.

14.7-on-iPhone-12-feature.jpg

iOS and iPadOS 14.7 can be downloaded through the Apple Developer Center or over the air after the proper profile has been installed on an iPhone or iPad.

The new iOS and iPadOS 14.7 updates may be focused on under-the-hood bug performance improvements and bug fixes for issues that weren't able to be addressed in iOS 14.6, but a few minor features have been found.

Apple in iOS 14.7 will expand the Air Quality Index feature to additional countries that include the Netherlands, France, Italy, Spain, and Canada.

When paired with the accompanying HomePod 14.7 software, iOS 14.7 will allow the Home app to set multiple timers on a HomePod or a HomePod mini.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Third Betas of iOS and iPadOS 14.7 to Developers

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007
is the ability to only install security updates come to iOS 14 or is this an iOS 15 feature ?

8000XE

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2015
Is the eSim working with this 3rd beta, because I've read that with the 2nd the eSIM was out of order ?
I didn’t experience that issues with the eSIM on beta 2. I just upgraded and haven’t noticed anything wrong just yet.

Realityck

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
Hopefully this one makes it to Public Beta. Beta 2 never did due to issues and Beta 1 has been glitchy.
I wondered about that, as it never was available. I also like the fact that MacRumors web site drains a iPads battery significantly faster. Close it when not looking at their site. :D

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
Good for you, not everyone wants to run a beta OS on their work device.
I get what you’re saying but I’ve caught a couple of bugs on our work apps because I’m on an iOS beta. But it kept me locked out of those apps for about a month.

I will say I’m not a mission critical person and they weren’t mission critical apps.

Unregistered 4U

macrumors 604
Jul 22, 2002
I wondered about that, as it never was available. I also like the fact that MacRumors web site drains a iPads battery significantly faster. Close it when not looking at their site. :D
Yah, I think it has something to do when loading the page. Whenever I load a page, it only loads halfway (all the content is there, probably tracking stuff on the back end) and hangs for a reallllly long time before it finally loads

• Wow
Reactions: Babygotfont

DeepIn2U

macrumors G4
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Apple in iOS 14.7 will expand the Air Quality Index feature to additional countries that include the Netherlands, France, Italy, Spain, and Canada.

Of course us Aussies always get everything last. ?

Hopefully we get a public beta this time.

i say send over Lee Priest mr superman will straighten them out ;)

all joking aside you got maps 2.0 before us in Canada

lindros2

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2011
Anyone have an issue with Files (iCloud Drive) on beta 1 / beta 3?
I couldn't get access to my files for the life of me today over cellular, but by the time I got home, it appeared to be working again.
(iCloud Photos sync, the bane of my existence, was perfect... ironically)

• Sad

Phantom-fa

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2017
Adelaide SA
Public Betas of iOS/iPadOS 14.7 beta 3 are now available.
Had a problem with installing beta 3 on original iPad Pro 12.9 in.
it downloads ok, but then when I tried to install the verification failed and I just get pop-up saying:

"Verification failed because you are not connected to the internet"

this happened several times, including after a restart, restarting wifi and switching to another access point in the house.
Internet connectivity was fine with Safari to non-cached sites.
Eventually it verified and is now installing.
Had no problems installing on iPhone 11.

• Haha
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.