Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
I was just browsing to see if I could get one, then it told me to select a color, size and carrier below that was an option to buy it unlocked and $649 for the 16GB model?

So has anyone bought one of these unlocked units for use in the USA? it states on their site not for use on CDMA networks, just GSM.

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
USA
I was just browsing to see if I could get one, then it told me to select a color, size and carrier below that was an option to buy it unlocked and $649 for the 16GB model?

So has anyone bought one of these unlocked units for use in the USA? it states on their site not for use on CDMA networks, just GSM.

This is old news.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
Huh, I haven't been there since July to purchase an iPhone so not sure when this was done, but interesting that they are allowing people to buy unlocked iPhone's in the USA now? not that I would only because the cost is very high.

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
USA
Huh, I haven't been there since July to purchase an iPhone so not sure when this was done, but interesting that they are allowing people to buy unlocked iPhone's in the USA now? not that I would only because the cost is very high.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting that. But it's really not worth it to buy it unlocked unless you have a specific reason to do so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.