Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Set to Open First Retail Store in France

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple today announced [Google translation] that its first retail store in France will officially open on Saturday at the Carrousel du Louvre in Paris. The two-level store will employ 150 staff members offering the full range of Apple retail store sales and service offerings typical of the company's retail stores.
"We are very pleased to extend the experience of the Apple Store in France, said Ron Johnson, Senior Vice President of Retail Apple. The new store is located below the famous Louvre Pyramid, in the Carrousel du Louvre. This is the place to go shopping, train and develop ideas."
French site MacGeneration attended a media preview [Google translation] of the new store and offers several photos of the interior.

MacGeneration has also posted a follow-up article [Google translation] offering additional photos from the media event.

Apple has plans for rapid expansion in France, with the opening of a second store scheduled for November 14th in Montpellier in the South of France. MacGeneration has also informed us that Ron Johnson indicated at the media event that a second Paris store is planned to open next summer near the Opéra Garnier, approximately one mile from the Carrousel du Lourve location.

Article Link: Apple Set to Open First Retail Store in France

homsar

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2009
/me does not remember this much fuss over the opening of the first store in Wales a couple of weeks ago... :p

Comment

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
Finally! Now I would just like one in Hungary please...

Comment

blogorant

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2009
An Apple Store... In France?

Wow. An Apple Store in France? This is going to make for an interesting study. Kind of like matter and anti-matter. The employees may actually turn out to be polite, courteous, helpful and truly knowledgable.

Oh, and observant of basic hygiene. :)

Comment

malohkan

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2008
Where's the video of everyone screaming as people coming in? I want that.

Comment

lamadude

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2006
Brussels, BE
Tempted to go to France just for this (thanks to high speed trains Paris is only an hour away from my Belgian home town even though it's 270 km) but I probably should visit the Louvre as well when I'm there to seem less like an apple freak.

Comment

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
I'm only sad that it wasn't open when I was there in July. That would've been sweet.

Comment

alec

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2005
Washington DC
Sacre BLEU indeed. Though this seems like it should have happened a while ago (I can't believe their wasn't an Apple store in Paris to begin with).

Comment

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Freedom Fries and Freedom Toast ;)

Yea, that was so lame... all because france wouldn't kiss Bush's arse.. unlike Blair ( the Poodle ). That was kind of embarrassing - Bush told Blair to jump, and he jumped. Blair the Bitch!

France is a nice country, I enjoy visiting.

Anyway, its great that France now has an Apple Store. Enjoy!

Comment

jon86

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2008
I wonder if red is the colour of choice for all of Apple's retail employees' t-shirts around the world.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.