Apple Sets Q4 2011 Earnings Release For October 18th

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 13, 2011.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apple issued a press release today stating that it will announce its earnings for the fourth fiscal quarter of 2011 (third calendar quarter) and host a conference call regarding the release on Tuesday, October 18th.

The conference call at 5:00 PM Eastern / 2:00 PM Pacific will follow the earnings release itself which typically comes around 4:30 PM Eastern.

Apple last quarter announced record-breaking results in a number of areas, including $7.31 billion in profit on revenue of $28.57 billion. For the fourth fiscal quarter, Apple has issued guidance of $25 billion in revenue with profits of $5.50 per share.

Article Link: Apple Sets Q4 2011 Earnings Release For October 18th

2. Dcuellar macrumors regular

3. RazorSharp69 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Well done Apple ! Can I please have a little percentage of the profit.

4. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Is the 4s in that report? I'm not sure how all the works.

5. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

Doubt it.

6. KPOM macrumors G5

No. Apple's year-end is in September (it changes a little each year since it's based on the last Friday of the week vs. a standard date like September 30). Apple might put out a press release with some preliminary information about the iPhone 4S, and might talk about it a little, but it won't be included in their earnings for the quarter.

Unfortunately, one question that won't be asked this time is Steve Jobs' health. :-(

7. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Unless I'm reading this wrong (I got a C in Economics 101), that's a 25.5% profit margin.:eek:

Not too bad. It speaks of an incredible mark-up over cost for Apple's products. Is that the "Apple Tax"? :confused: :rolleyes:

8. Michael Scrip macrumors 603

I'm sure they'll have something to say about the 4S launch.

A million pre-orders in the first day... millions more sold in the first days available in stores... lines around the block... etc.

But that will be in the opening dialog... not the report.

9. RoelJuun macrumors 6502

RoelJuun

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Let me guess, records all-over the place..

10. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

I already feel bad for Tim Cook for the Q&A session he's going to have to go through.

11. cvaldes macrumors 68040

Apple's quarters end on the last Saturday of the period, September 24 for Q4, so no, there will be no revenue from the iPhone 4S included.

12. RobertMartens macrumors 65816

RobertMartens

How is Apple doing against Exxon these days? And when will Apple be announcing the iCar? (Which by the way won't be refueling at Exxon stations.)

13. flux73 macrumors 65816

You might be able to argue that if the majority of their revenue and profits came from Macs. But it's actually primarily from iPhones and iPads. It's harder to argue about an Apple Tax when those two items aren't priced any higher than the competition. It hints more that they are highly efficient in managing their inventory and production, and are capable of negotiating better component prices. The vertical integration (hardware AND software) helps a lot too.

14. Mattsasa macrumors 68020

Mattsasa

looking forward to see how much apple taking over the world

15. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Makes sense.

Your point about efficient handling of inventory and production certainly accounts for some portion of the savings leading to a high profit margin.

However, your point about negotiating low component prices still suggests that they make the phone cheaply, and mark up significantly.

Anyway, thanks for the cogent response. :D

16. KingCrimson macrumors 65816

Somehow Apple is able to build an iPhone for $100 less then Samsung can build their Galaxy S2 from virtually the same components. Why - because they buy in bulk by the billions UP FRONT for CASH.

17. RalfTheDog macrumors 65816

RalfTheDog

I am glad it is not the second Friday of the week. That might put a bit of a delay on it.

18. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Hey Apple, in that press conference can you announce the 3rd phase of the iPhone 4S rollout? Ok?

19. tigres macrumors 601

tigres

20. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

LOL, when I saw the article's graphic, I thought Apple had a new chip out called the "Q4"... (Maybe it's a Quad Version of the A4?!?)

[​IMG]

I'm weird that way... Chips excite me more than spreadsheets...

21. LagunaSol macrumors 601

LagunaSol

Hmm, Google just reported their result for the quarter. Per Forbes:

:eek:

Funny thing is, no one ever talks about the "Google Tax." :rolleyes:

22. mrxak macrumors 68000

Drifting through space in a broken escape pod
    It's going to be pretty big. I'm definitely interested to hear about their first few days of 4S, as I'm sure that will come up.

23. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Agreed. Macbook Pros and Mac Pros?

I also don't think Apple regularly releases new products in the months of November and December so October is the month for the final hurrah.

24. Redsand187 macrumors member

Must be very good news for Cook to give everyone company-wide 3 extra paid days off.

25. rman726 macrumors 6502

You have to figure that he will talk about the 4S sales and give some prelim numbers. Why? Because the numbers are going to be better than any phone in history. They won't be able to stop from touting about how successful their "disappointing" phone is.