Apple Shares 2015 Gift Guide as Free Shipping Begins for Holidays

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 13, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple has posted a holiday gift guide on its website featuring the new Apple TV, iPad Pro, iPhone 6s, Apple Watch, Retina MacBook, iTunes gift cards, apps, accessories and more. The buying guide is split into six categories: gaming, photography, music, fitness, learning and travel.

[​IMG]

The gaming section is centered upon the new Apple TV, iPhone 6s, iPad Air 2, iPod touch, and related apps and accessories available for each device, including the SteelSeries Nimbus and Gamevice controllers, Guitar Hero Live, Beats Studio wireless headphones and more. Apple also features a trio of drones by Parrot and Sphero.

The photography section features the iPhone 6s, iPad Pro, Retina MacBook and accessories like the Olloclip Active Lens, JOBY GripTight GorillaPod Video tripod, MeFOTO Sidekick360 adapter, Shure MOTIV MV5 microphone and HISY Camera Remote. Featured apps include Darkroom, VSCO, Instagram and iMovie.

The music section features the iPhone 6s, Retina MacBook, Apple Music on Apple TV, Apogee MiC microphone, IK Multimedia iRig Pads music controller, Beats Studio wireless headphones, Beats Pill+ speakers, B&O BeoPlay A2 speakers, Apple Music gift cards, GarageBand and more.

[​IMG]

The fitness section features the Apple Watch Sport, iPhone 6s and accessories like the Wahoo Fitness KICKR SNAP cycling trainer, Beats Powerbeats2 earphones, Wahoo TICKR heart rate monitor, Apple EarPods, Incase iPhone 6s armband and more. Featured apps include Strava and Nike+ Running.

The learning section highlights the iPad Air 2, Apple TV, Retina MacBook and iPod touch, and educational apps such as the iWork suite, Star Walk Kids and Plants by Tinybop. Featured accessories include the Sphero SPRK, Osmo Genius Kit, Twelve South BookArc stand, LaCie Fuel external hard drive and more.

The travel section features the Apple Watch, iPad mini 4, new Apple TV and accessories.

Apple is now offering free shipping in the U.S., Canada, Europe and several other regions during the holidays.

Article Link: Apple Shares 2015 Gift Guide as Free Shipping Begins for Holidays

2. JeffyTheQuik macrumors 68020

JeffyTheQuik

I think that an Apple TV may help this winter with my Jane Fonda Aerobics. My 8th VHS tape has finally worn out.

3. Thunderhawks Suspended

So has Jane Fonda

4. vertical smile macrumors 68030

vertical smile

I love my ATV3s. I gave one to my parents and other than authenticating their cable sub, they find it easy and simple to use.

I thought about getting them an ATV4 for Christmas, but there is no way I will do that now that I have had some time using mine.

The new ATV4 is not as user friendly as the ATV3, and I have a feeling if I upgrade my baby parents to the new model, they will get frustrated and will end up not using it.

The UI controls are not consistent with using an IR remote. Also, my family accidentally turns on voice over many times while using it.

There are also lots of bugs, especially the sound.

5. Ancandis macrumors member

Ancandis

I really love these isometric illustrations by Apple. I think they look gorgeous! 

6. NightFox macrumors 68020

NightFox

Is this an invitation from Apple to us to make their Christmas?

7. Benjamin Frost Suspended

Benjamin Frost

By holiday, they mean Christmas.

Welcome to Tim Cook's Apple, home of political correctness.

I hope the iPad Pro sells well.

8. convergent macrumors 68030

convergent

Well done guide. I'm surprised they didn't have something better than Travel to highlight the watch... probably could have had a lifestyle section to talk about fitness and daily life. (EDIT>>> I completely missed the fitness section when I first looked at it... my bad)

I'm also surprised they had the Bose QC25 headphones in there that directly compete with Beats. I just bought the QC25s and love them... looked at the Beats but they were way more expensive for active noise canceling, and their product line and display in Best Buy was way too confusing to figure out.

Looking at the Guide, Apple really has a very comprehensive product portfolio now that gives anyone bought into their ecosystem a substantial pile of stuff to want to buy. Google and Microsoft can't really match the cohesiveness since they don't make all the core products themselves, and have gaps in market acceptance. I think Apple is going to have a record holiday season.

9. JeffyTheQuik macrumors 68020

JeffyTheQuik

I've kind of taken a "whatever" attitude on the whole "Happy Holidays" issue.

I just say, "I hope you have a Happy Christmas" in my greetings, and if the other person lets me know that they're Jewish, I wish them a Happy Chanukah, or if Muslim, I ask them what is said at this time of year.

Having said that, I have yet to run into someone that is offended by "Happy Christmas". If they are, it's on them.

10. miknos Suspended

miknos

SCREW YOU APPLE! Not gonna buy your stuff!

-Sent from my iPad

11. citysnaps macrumors 601

No... It probably did not occur to you that Apple is a global company, with many customers who do not celebrate Christmas.

12. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

And it didn't occur to you that if you click on the link gift guide it sends you to the American site.:confused:

13. Mac 128 macrumors 603

Mac 128

I don't understand, I've never paid shipping in the US when ordering from the Apple site. Why is that news? What am I missing?

14. doelcm82 macrumors 68040

doelcm82

Many American customers also do not celebrate Christmas. Why do you want to force YOUR political correctness on them by making them say "Merry Christmas"?

15. rtr1985 macrumors 6502

Did they post an "in-stock" gift guide as well?

16. doelcm82 macrumors 68040

doelcm82

Yes, some of the gifts in the guide will fit in a stocking.

17. Fusion2002 macrumors newbie

When is the best time to pull the trigger on an Ipad purchase? Will they have better pricing on black friday or should I just place an order whenever?

18. Pbrutto macrumors 6502a

Pbrutto

Cool story bruh....where the package discounts?

19. merkinmuffley macrumors 6502a

I like the photo section lists the IPad Pro - as a photographer, I'd like to know exactly how this device benefits photographers. We have one here, came without the keyboard/pen - reportedly they will come sometime later, I find this comparable to Apple selling me an IMac without a keyboard and find it just a little bit weird. Like the screen resolution, weight is very nice and the little bit we've done with it appears fast. Until Adobe ports their SW to the Ax processor, these things are almost useless in my line of work. Surface Pro 4 is a much better fit for what we do with a tablet like device, wish it didn't come with that disgusting OS.

20. citysnaps macrumors 601

Do you have a point? A site needs to be based somewhere. Maybe you'd be OK with the Moon?

21. Attirex macrumors 6502

This is the worst Apple holiday gift guide ever. Jobs would've never done this. Tim Cook, you're a failure.

[APPL stock drops 15%]

22. 2457282, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015

2457282 Suspended

Dear Santa Apple,

This has been a great year and I have already purchased and bought a ton of gifts for my wife and I. We have two new iPad Air2, we have two new SS watches. I have the new 6s phone and my wife was upgraded from her 5c to my previous 6 phone. I have purchased the new magic trackpad and keyboard for my 2012 iMac and we replaced one of the ATV3s with the new ATV4. We are just very happy with all our toys and thank you for bringing christmas to our home throughout the entire year.

And yet, I would like to ask for a few more things this holiday season so that I can more fully enjoy these wonderful gifts. I love the integration between all the toys and yet it's clear that there is more to be done. I love the iworks suite of tools, but they are still not ready for the workplace as they lack professional level features. In pages, how about TOC and Footnotes? In numbers, how about Pivot tables. How about a Visio equivalent? How about a database? Please give me a pro version of Photos. I miss being able to update the metadata of a photo especially the Geocoding. Just purchase Pixelmator and incorporate that into Photos, add meta data editing and support RAW editing. For iOS, please add more window support. Going to two this year is fantastic, so why not more. And Santa, could you PLEASE Figure out your iCloud strategy? I have to pay for music match separate from icloud drive, separate from Apple Music. And I cannot get them to be supported across accounts. Give me bundle and family options and pricing please. For the new AppleTV, which I love, adding support for a keyboard and remote app would really be awesome.

There are a few other items I would like to ask for but I feel these are the most important ones and I would hate to seem overly greedy.

Thank you Santa from your loyal follower.

CM

23. chino-rican macrumors regular

chino-rican

You read my mind.

24. myrtlebee macrumors 68020

myrtlebee

Um... It's been free shipping every day for years.

25. 2457244 macrumors regular