Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
I have been wearing mine every day since the launch and I'm still happy with my first version. I might consider the Series 2 but not before I do other things first with my funds. Day to day I forget about the fact that a new version is out because nothing makes me wish it were better right now.

big-ted

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2013
UK
First one must be a Northern city to have snow, although the chances of them keeping the watch and not be stabbed would be pretty slim

Don't think the second one is very UK themed, wrong cars and number plates, and doesn't look like a typical UK city

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
my Apple Watch Hermes Series 2 is nice but not great. I upgraded from the series 0 and while faster, it still lags at times.

It's nice to track my steps/fitness, telling time, and reading alerts. Beyond that, I don't really find it useful. A fitbit device that costs 10x less could meet my needs.

As a daily watch wearer though, wearing a traditional watch and a fitbit looked dorky. The only reason why I have an apple watch is because it looks like a traditional watch but with fitbit like features included.

HellOfA unnecessary feature though. I had some extra cash laying around but I can't say I'll likely upgrade in 3 years when my AppleCare+ expires.

Reactions: 44267547

komone

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2013
So I asked my wife:

Do you want an apple watch for christmas? No
Do you want some wireless headphones? No
Do you want a new iphone? No
A new ipad? No
Do you want a laptop? No, I want a new mac mini.

Guess she's going to be disappointed.

Kevin2055

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2015
The best usage of the watch to me is to be a super quick camera, but I don't see it coming.
[doublepost=1481313413][/doublepost]Fitbit with those functions is NOT 10x less.

my Apple Watch Hermes Series 2 is nice but not great. I upgraded from the series 0 and while faster, it still lags at times.

It's nice to track my steps/fitness, telling time, and reading alerts. Beyond that, I don't really find it useful. A fitbit device that costs 10x less could meet my needs.

As a daily watch wearer though, wearing a traditional watch and a fitbit looked dorky. The only reason why I have an apple watch is because it looks like a traditional watch but with fitbit like features included.

HellOfA unnecessary feature though. I had some extra cash laying around but I can't say I'll likely upgrade in 3 years when my AppleCare+ expires.

tuzzanti

macrumors member
May 9, 2016
They should have been engineered it better so they could track sleep! Their all about improving your health but missing one the most important components! I REALL love my Microsoft Band 2 and disappointed their discounting it. I can charge it while in the shower and wear it 23 1/2 hours a day and it tracks everything.

The Apple Watch is a jack of all trades and a master of none!

About half the people I know who bought one have sold it because it provided little to no value and charging it was a nusicance.

I really enjoy how Microsoft allows you to compare other people your age, weight, exercise frequency etc... and see how your doing in comparison. The Nike Band also offered comparisons but included TONS of graphical achievements that kept you going. The Apple Watch is boring!

Last edited:
Reactions: 32828870

foxcub6

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2011
I think the Apple Watch is a slow burner. One of the biggest issues is battery life. This is an issue with all wearables not just Apple.
I personally don't have a watch on when asleep so I charge mine then no problem s for me and I suspect thousands of others

Reactions: johnnygee

Suspended
Jun 23, 2016
New York and Berlin
No Mac updates aside from an overpriced MacBrick [Pro], lackluster iPhone release, oversaturated iOS market, discontinuation of displays and routers, and more along with its first ever annual revenue decline since 2001.

Yet focus on a less than stellar product with more bands and commercials, that's important. I hope the new multibillion dollar HQ "spaceship" can fly Apple back to reality. Unfortunately, it most likely flies to another nation with better tax incentives.

Suspended
Jun 23, 2016
New York and Berlin
The Series 2 38mm Rose Gold is nearly impossible to find in stores (including Apple Stores). For something that's supposedly a dud, it sure seems to be selling well.

As Tim Cook hasn't released sales figures of the self-proclaimed "best selling" watches or MacBook Pro's, it seems more likely Apple produced a small amount rather than selling a lot. A convenient marketing slight of hand.

Also, the series 2 gold edition was discontinued. I'm hoping I simply missed the sarcasm.

https://www.macrumors.com/2016/09/07/apple-discontinues-apple-watch-edition-gold/

foxcub6

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2011
Well that's great that you like it! It's nice to have things you like!

It's still laughed at by the bulk of the population though, like you stumbled drunk out of the Star Trek Paramount lot, just like Google Glass was.
Your opinion be happy

FightTheFuture

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2003
that town east of ann arbor
Ehh, I'm waiting for Bluetooth 5 which should help speed these up even more. Wish I could buy that Nike band separately, though.
Some folks are selling their Nike Bands on eBay.
Even in the commercials, the Apple Watch looks clunky and cumbersome. I almost feel pity as this point.
Ever wear one? I sometimes forget I have it on.

anzio

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2010
Innisfil, Ontario, Canada
We all love our Apple Watch's in our family. We can't leave home without it. It's converted both the high-end Watch wearers in our family and the ones who would never typically put a Watch on.

Spoiler: I'm the one that would never ever think about wearing a Watch. They're pointless. The Apple Watch on the other hand is far from pointless. Everyone who sees it is immediately intrigued and wants one.

samwight

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2008
Love my apple watch for
1) Apple Pay - best way to pay ever, esp. in drive-thrus
2) controlling audiobooks or music while dog-walking (pause, rewind, etc)
3) never missing calls or texts without ever putting sound on, whether the iphone is in a jacket or the next room
4) handy dispatch or ignoring of brief or pointless texts
5) Hey Siri, set a timer for 30 minutes -- surprisingly useful
6) complete confidence that the time and date are right, regardless of daylight savings or days in a month
7) Best watch strap ever -- milanese, and I'm a life-long watch wearer

Battery life is not a problem for me -- it never goes below 50%. I would gladly give up half the battery life for a thinner watch or more persistent on-time.

For me, the Apple Watch is a very big thing.

JPLC

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2011
Netherlands
Watches for gifts!

oprah-you-get-a-car.jpg

Watches for everybody!

Now back to reality..

Last edited:
Reactions: A-Sign
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.