Apple Shares New AirPods Ad Highlighting Wireless Charging

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today shared a new AirPods ad called "Bounce," which is meant to highlight the AirPods Wireless Charging Case that launched in March alongside the second-generation AirPods.

In the spot, which was shot in black and white, a bored man pulls his AirPods off of their wireless charging pad (an Apple exclusive Belkin model) before he pops outside and begins bouncing over normal street items that are inexplicably bouncy like a trampoline. The song "I Learnt Some Jazz Today" plays while he runs through town.

Apple has shared AirPods ads in the past, but this is the first ad that is specifically aimed at highlighting the wireless charging capabilities of the AirPods.

Apple sells the AirPods 2 for $199 with a Wireless Charging Case included, which is able to charge on any Qi-based wireless charging mat. It's also available on a standalone basis for $79.

Update: Apple has also shared another short ad highlighting the Screen Time feature on iPhone.

Article Link: Apple Shares New AirPods Ad Highlighting Wireless Charging

rmoliv

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2017
What city is he in? Doesn't look like an American city.

Last edited:

IPPlanMan

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2009
What’s the point of wireless charging if it’s sitting on your dresser and the plug reaches it anyway?

The failure of AirPower to come to market has made the wireless charging AirPods unnecessary.

4jasontv

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2011
What’s the point of wireless charging if it’s sitting on your dresser and the plug reaches it anyway?

The failure of AirPower to come to market has made the wireless charging AirPods unnecessary.
I use my desk many times a day but I rarely spend much time at it. I used to wait until my battery was dead before I plugged it in, but with wireless charging the convenience allows me to take advantage of shorter charging periods throughout the day. It's easier to use, and more importantly, I use it.

calzon65

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
If Apple could figure a way to siphon electrical energy through our ears and power AirPods … then I would be impressed.

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
I didn’t watch the ad, but wanted to add I received some Apple gift cards recently, enough to upgrade my 2-year-old AirPod case to a wireless charging case. My wife barely uses hers so no way I’m shelling to upgrade hers. The other day I saw her put hers on the charging pad, had a good laugh, then plugged them in for her.

alexandr

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099
well, wireless charging is about the only real improvement over v1, so it's a no brainer.

i can't believe they didn't focus on the ability to share audio when he sat down next to that girl on the bench!

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Because who wants to fiddle with annoying cables when you can just put it on the charger and not worry about finding a wire
Except due to a design flaw on the AirPods case (the metal hinge) they simply don’t wirelessly charge on a large number of QI pads. They start charging and then just...stop.

The fix is to use some sort of cloth or credit card etc in between the pad and the wireless charging case. But it’s super annoying.

So much for simplifying...

himanshumodi

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
India
Nice ad. And to it's credit... all those trampolines would for real not budge the airpods out. I have obviously not tried, but hey, they stay firm in my ears through an Insanity workout. Can't imagine doing something more jumpy while having bluetooth ear buds in my ears.

Reactions: ErikGrim

The Game 161

macrumors Core
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Except due to a design flaw on the AirPods case (the metal hinge) they simply don’t wirelessly charge on a large number of QI pads. They start charging and then just...stop.

The fix is to use some sort of cloth or credit card etc in between the pad and the wireless charging case. But it’s super annoying.

So much for simplifying...
Had no such issue on mine

I question the quality of those Qi pads you speak of

Reactions: racerhomie