Apple Shares New 'Carpool Karaoke' Trailer Ahead of August 8 Launch [Updated]

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 31, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today uploaded a new trailer for its upcoming original television show "Carpool Karaoke: The Series." The new trailer, set to the song "On the Road Again," teases several of the celebrities who will appear on the show.

"Carpool Karaoke: The Series," which Apple purchased in mid-2016, is based on the popular Carpool Karaoke segment from "The Late Late Show with James Corden," with James Corden, Ben Winston, and Eric Kankowski producing.

Apple's new television show will feature 16 half-hour episodes featuring celebrity pairs riding in a car as they sing songs together. Each episode will feature a different host, with new content coming out on Thursdays.

Featured celebrities will include Will Smith and James Corden; Miley, Noah, Billy Ray and the entire Cyrus family; Shakira and Trevor Noah; Game of Thrones stars Sophie Turner and Maisie Williams; Queen Latifah and Jada Pinkett Smith; John Legend, Alicia Keys and Taraji P. Henson; LeBron James and James Corden; and more.

Apple plans to debut "Carpool Karaoke: The Series" on Tuesday, August 8 in more than 100 countries. It will be limited to Apple Music subscribers.

Update: There's another new Carpool Karaoke trailer available on YouTube channel for The Late Late Show With James Corden.

Article Link: Apple Shares New 'Carpool Karaoke' Trailer Ahead of August 8 Launch [Updated]

2. jrlcopy macrumors 6502

jrlcopy

So the most crucial thing about this is and I really hope they make clear with warning messages is that they aren't usually driving the cars, they have filmed with their car on trailers, and other times when they have driven they are surrounded by police cars, filming crew, etc in a very controlled environment.

I'm slightly worried we're going to see lots of copy cats start to appear where people are genuinely being unsafe.

3. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

4. DogHouseDub macrumors 6502

DogHouseDub

More lowest common denominator entertainment. Just what we need.

5. RealKrS macrumors regular

I was getting ready to bash this thing, but then I watched the trailer and I have to admit, this looks like it could be fun to watch. That won't make me sign up for Apple Music though..

6. naeS1Sean macrumors 6502a

naeS1Sean

Gasp. Don't say you like it. You'll be shamed immediately.

7. LordQ Suspended

LordQ

People: "We want back group notifications and 3D Touch multitasking!"
    Apple: "Here's Carpool Karaoke lol"

8. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

Why mention this guy two times, mistake?

9. testcard macrumors 68040

testcard

10. batmccoy macrumors regular

11. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

This is still a thing? Can't even bring myself to watch the trailer

12. bbeagle, Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017

bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

The fact that they're driving in cars is just the gimmick part, which James Corden and Jerry Seinfeld have used. The main reason for watching is the celebrities in each episode.

Heck, I'll watch Family Game Night, The Late Show, Family Feud, a Dateline special, Driving in Cars with Comedians.... anything as long as I get to see a favorite celebrity and learn more about them.

I'll pick and choose episodes. Maisie Williams? Yes. Queen Latifah? No. James Corden? Yes. Will Smith? Yes. Miley Cyrus? No. It's lazy to say you won't watch something because one certain person is on. You're allowed to not watch that episode, but watch others.

13. Wowereit macrumors 6502a

All those warning labels seem to be a US thing.
    Other people seem to survive without them just fine and I guess Americans could handle it as well.

14. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

I'm sure many will watch the shows and be entertained, I'm just not one of them.

15. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

I hope for Apple’s sake this is actually good. Planet of the Apps was totally cringeworthy. This one I’m going to wait and see.

Oh and Apple is a massive company with tens of thousands of employees. The people working on this have nothing to do with hardware or software engineering.

16. bbbb4b macrumors 6502

bbbb4b

What do you mean, "was"?

17. TailsToo macrumors member

TailsToo

I can't think of the last time Apple has announced a project in which I have less interest. Their hardware is getting a bit stale, and we stories of how they need to shift the focus of their engineering teams, but yet they have the desire to product things like this.

18. Keirasplace macrumors 601

They're mentioning particular pairings it seems: Will Smith + Corden, Lebron James + Corden.. Didn't even know Lebron sang :). Maybe he's an even better singer than B Baller for all I know.

Corden is the animator usually of the original concept; he's the one who is producing the series.

19. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

Arguably still an unneeded distraction for upper management.

20. mi7chy macrumors 603

mi7chy

21. calisurfboy macrumors regular

calisurfboy

Patiently waiting for the "Singing while in the shower...." series with Gal Gadot on the premiere episode.

22. Keirasplace macrumors 601

Right... "stale" = "in advance", yup, just the same. That's probably why they've got nearly whole profits of the both the smart watch industry and now the headphones, especially the wireless kind, industry.

They're so horrible you can't get ever their products, cause they're always sold out (homage to Yogi Berra with this quip).

23. nol2001 macrumors member

This low point is the opposite of when Steve Jobs unveiled the 30 inch cinema display at WWDC.

24. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

If it was consistent with mentioning pairs but it's not, there are single artists.