Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has released four new Apple Music videos in its "Discovery" series, which is designed to highlight lesser known artists and help users discover new music. The videos feature singer Flo Morrissey, musician Leon Bridges, singer and guitarist Shamir, and DJ and rapper Flying Lotus.

Flo Morrissey's first single, "Pages of Gold," was released in December of 2014, and was followed by her first album, Tomorrow Will Be Beautiful. The video focuses just on her singing and is accompanied by the description: "Introducing artists you didn't know you couldn't live without. Discover and connect with new music and the people who make it - artists like Flo Morrissey."

Flying Lotus has been releasing albums since 2006, with his latest album, You're Dead, launching in late 2014. His Apple Music video features his electronic music with the description: "Experiment with music just like the artists do. Discover and connect with new music and the people who make it - artists like Flying Lotus."

Leon Bridges is an American gospel and soul singer whose first album, Coming Home, was released in June of 2015. His video features his song Smooth Sailin', along with the following description: "Music curation that has as much soul as the artists themselves. Discover and connect with new music and the people who make it - artists like Leon Bridges." Bridges is one of several artists who will be performing at Apple's upcoming Apple Music festival.

The final video features Shamir, a singer who released his first RP, Northtown in June of 2014 and his first album, Ratchet, in May of 2015. Shamir's video features his song "Demon," with the following description: "The track you can't get out of your head is ready to get in your head. Discover and connect with new music and the people who make it - artists like Shamir."

All of the videos feature the same black and white style with no spoken content, in order to focus primarily on the artists' work. The videos being released today are the fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh videos in the "Discovery" series, which has also featured James Bay and Kygo.

Article Link: Apple Shares New 'Discover' Apple Music Ads Featuring Flo Morrissey, Flying Lotus, Shamir and Leon Bridges

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
When I find myself trapped in a nondescript room, I break out my guitar and go to town. Then there's a few hours of trying to escape, but after that, it's right back to playing.

Reactions: JeffyTheQuik

koruki

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2009
New Zealand
-Apple music has been buggy during the 3 month free trial
-Music selection is limited, I tried to find music I found in iTunes but you can only buy it not listen to it on Apple Music
-Finally collapsed on me with an error -42587 which I found was them trying to get my credit card details. I'm not handing over my credit card details during this FREE TRIAL

I wanted this to work but during every fail mentioned, I double clicked the home button and back into Spotify so I could continue on with my life.

ToM7

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
Israel
My 3 months trial not over yet, but still I'm buying the music that I love in the iTunes store
sorry but I don't like to listen to something that not mine & not in my library
When my 3 months trial are over, I'm stoping with music
& remember that?
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
My 3 months trial not over yet, but still I'm buying the music that I love in the iTunes store
sorry but I don't like to listen to something that not mine & not in my libraryיקמ איק 3
When my 3 months trial are over, I'm stoping with music
& remember that?
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was then, this is now. I agreed with Steve Jobs 100% at that time, and I purchased hundreds of dollars worth of songs. I still have that library of songs, but I listen to it maybe once every 6 months. I prefer streaming channels now because I want to listen to new songs, songs that I would not otherwise have discovered. The world has changed and subscriptions are a far better fit with today's world. That's my 2¢.

But oh boy, listening to the powerful Steve Jobs really takes me back... miss that guy.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Probably the best way I could summarise apple music and beats 1.

These ads do remind me that I need to cancel my subscription.

Designx

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2012
People my age would be stuck on grunge music from the 90's. For some reason I'm always interested in hearing new music all the time. I understand music has an importance when one is young and life is simpler but that doesn't mean that era of music is the best ever, new music is trash, or you have to be stuck on what you enjoyed as a kid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.