Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple this evening shared a new trailer for its upcoming Apple TV+ show "Servant," which is set to come out in just over two weeks.

This particular clip shows a doll maker creating Jericho, the lifelike fake baby that plays a starring role in the show.

"Servant" is a thriller produced and directed by M. Night Shyamalan, known for movies like "Signs," "Glass," "Split," and more. The movie follows a Philadelphia couple who hire a nanny to look after their "child" following a tragedy.

Based on the trailers that have been shown so far, including the newest trailer, a couple loses a child and then adopts Jericho, a rather real-looking fake baby. The nanny that's hired to look after Jericho turns out to be unusual herself, leading to a series of strange events.

"Servant" will be the first major new series to come to Apple TV+ following its November 1 launch, with the show set to debut on Thursday, November 28. "Servant" is a shorter form show that will feature 10 30 minute episodes.

If you're interested in discussing Apple's new TV shows, make sure to head over to the new MacRumors Apple TV+ forum.

Article Link: Apple Shares New Trailer for Upcoming Apple TV+ Show 'Servant'

fmcshan

Editor
Apr 8, 2019
This show actually looks pretty decent. I'm looking forward to checking it out at the end of the month.

BGPL

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2016
California
There's a few decent shows on Apple TV, and this is one of them I am queuing up. If you're on the fence about Disney, wait. I started with it today because it only cost me $2 because of my subscription to Hulu, but wow... buffering like it's 1998. Totally unwatchable. Enjoying Apple TV overall.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Every major show that came with the launch of  TV+ - TMS, See, Dickinson, FAM - have all been good. The elephant queen is good too. Quality over quantity.
I agree. I cannot wait for episode 5 of See. I’m very interested in what the Queen is going to do next.

Reactions: Ar40 and MLVC

truesepho

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2014
Coming from Shyamalan there’s a good chance it will be bulls*it, but there’s also a chance it will be entertaining enough. I’m quite curious to watch it, it will be my first :apple:TV+ show

ikir

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2007
I’ve only had time to watch TMS and See but, so far, I’m impressed. I can’t wait to see how they will continue to add value to this service over the next year. One thing I’m really looking forward to are documentaries.
For all Mankind is awesome
[automerge]1573717767[/automerge]
Coming from Shyamalan there’s a good chance it will be bulls*it, but there’s also a chance it will be entertaining enough. I’m quite curious to watch it, it will be my first :apple:TV+ show
Try to watch For all Mankind, it is really well done and entertaining

Reactions: truesepho and Ar40

Exile714

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2015
Shyamalan's movies, even the good ones, have all disappointed me in tone and plot structure. But he did Wayward Pines, so I have a glimmer of hope. Season 1 was amazing. Season 2 was... a train wreck of epic, incestuous proportions (you'd know if you watched it). If someone can reign in Shyamalan's worst tendencies and get something like Wayward Pines Season 1 out of him, it might be worth watching.

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2015
London
Confused by this article! Is the adopted baby meant to be real in the show or is the adopted baby meant to be fake in the show?

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
Does Apple TV+ have a ‘don’t even show me a trailer for this show’ option or is it going to splash baby night-terrors on my tv until someone watches it?

Also, MR editors, you wanna keep that stuff behind a well labeled link?

Reactions: Huck

Duel

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2011
Currently i'm Interested almost anything Apple TV+ release.

With the first shows already the production quality is very high. I checked one episode from all the big shows and surprisingly i wanted more and more. Story or idea wise i wasn't Interested of those shows, but the shows are really good so far!

I also like the fact that there's not much to watch, lot easier to start watching. I've had netflix for two months now and there's just so much content that i'm not Interested to start watching anything because most of their shows are really bad quality.

Reactions: Ar40

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Confused by this article! Is the adopted baby meant to be real in the show or is the adopted baby meant to be fake in the show?

the previous trailer had a little more clarity on that. It seems like for some reason the “parents” get the fake baby. I’m not sure if they cannot have kids, lost a kid, or what. The husband appears to agree to it because it mentally helps the wife. They then hire a nanny to babysit the fake baby. Apparently the nanny’s past is dark.

Reactions: GadgetBen
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.