Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has today shared a trailer for the second season of "The Morning Show" and highlighted the impending return of the award-winning Apple Original drama series.

The second season of the show will feature ten episodes, and continues to star Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon, who also serve as executive producers. Other returning cast members include Steve Carell, Billy Crudup, Mark Duplass, Nestor Carbonell, Karen Pittman, Bel Powley, Desean Terry, Janina Gavankar, Tom Irwin, and Marcia Gay Harden.

The Morning Show was one of Apple TV+'s flagship original shows when the video streaming service launched in late 2019. Apple describes the second season as follows:
Picking up after the explosive events of season one, season two finds "The Morning Show" team emerging from the wreckage of Alex (Aniston) and Bradley's (Witherspoon) actions, to a new UBA and a world in flux, where identity is everything and the chasm between who we present as and who we really are comes into play.

The first episode of the second season of The Morning Show will debut on Friday, September 17 exclusively on Apple TV+, followed by one new episode weekly, every Friday. The complete first season is available to watch now.

Article Link: Apple Shares 'The Morning Show' Season 2 Trailer

Last edited:

jseymour

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2018
S.E. Michigan, USA
I never got into TV+. I have 1 year free again, couldn’t even bother to redeem it.
If you've got a year free, I can strongly recommend The Morning Show. It's very good, IMO. You should also check out Tom Hanks' Greyhound.

The only potential problem is becoming addicted to TMS, thus tempting you into paying for ATV+ to catch following seasons. (I was not even tempted. When they notified me my free trial was up: I cancelled w/o a thought.)

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 601
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
I guess it’s good there are people who get excited about it. I never got into TV+. I have 1 year free again, couldn’t even bother to redeem it.
I'd happily take it so it doesn't get wasted... 😅
But let me tell you, some of the shows are really good!
For All Mankind is an excellent show, can't wait for the next season.
And I heard Ted Lasso is too.
And some new shows are on their way.

nortonandreev

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2016
Sheffield, United Kingdom
If you've got a year free, I can strongly recommend The Morning Show. It's very good, IMO. You should also check out Tom Hanks' Greyhound.

The only potential problem is becoming addicted to TMS, thus tempting you into paying for ATV+ to catch following seasons. (I was not even tempted. When they notified me my free trial was up: I cancelled w/o a thought.)
I’m addicted to enough things already, don’t need anything more lmao 😂 I’ve heard it’s good tho I might give it a try.

Last edited:

Maconplasma

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2020
Why are they always yelling? This isn’t a Shonda Rhimes show 😅 They’d only talk to me like that once. I wouldn’t even let my parents talk to me like that as a grown adult.

also, Season 1 has been so long ago. I don’t even remember Anistons character leaving the show within the show 😅
I had the same thoughts while watching the trailer. I had forgotten most of the roles people were playing. The only issue I have with the show (besides Anniston and Witherspoon) is as a person who works in the automotive industry where it's dominated by men the women who work in the business are strong due to working with men but don't remotely curse like sailors such as the women in The Morning Show. And like you said, too much yelling that would never happen in real life. A little too unrealistic.

jseymour

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2018
S.E. Michigan, USA
also, Season 1 has been so long ago. I don’t even remember Anistons character leaving the show within the show 😅
Missed this comment, earlier.

To the best of my recollection, what happened was she did something shocking, on-air, at the very end of the last episode, that pretty much guaranteed she'd get booted.

wigby

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
MysticQuest is really good too. They have a list of good shows although only a few stands out like the Morning Show.
Here's most of their shows (list is a little old) rated by rotten tomatoes. I disagree with a few numbers but some of those numbers (namely Morning Show at 61%) are lower than they should be because of negative backlash against lavish productions and big tech taking on big media.

Reactions: ObsDax
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.