Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple this morning shared a trailer for upcoming Apple TV+ science fiction series "Amazing Stories," which is a reimagining of the original 1980s series of the same name.

"Amazing Stories" was one of the first TV shows that Apple picked up for Apple TV+, and each episode will focus on a new topic, much like "Black Mirror" and "Twilight Zone." The original was created by Steven Spielberg, who serves as executive producer on the reboot.

Earlier this year, Apple said that each episode of the series will "transport the audience to worlds of wonder through the lens of today's most imaginative filmmakers, directors and writers."

Stars in "Amazing Stories" include Dylan O'Brien ("Maze Runner," "Teen Wolf"), Victoria Pedretti ("You"), Josh Holloway ("Lost," "Yellowstone"), Sasha Alexander ("Rizzoli & Isles," "Shameless") and Robert Forster ("Twin Peaks").

"Amazing Stories" will launch on Friday, March 6, and there will be 10 episodes in the first season of the show.

Update: "Amazing Stories" is now available to watch on Apple TV+.

Article Link: Apple Shares Trailer for Upcoming Apple TV+ Show 'Amazing Stories' Coming March 6 [Updated]

Last edited:
Reactions: Ar40 and EdRed

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
I’ve been looking forward to this since it was announced. Trailer looks good.
[automerge]1581960801[/automerge]
each episode will focus on a new topic, much like "Black Mirror" and "Twilight Zone."
The trailer says “five unique stories”. With 10 episodes, it sounds like maybe they’re doing two-parters?

Last edited:

Alan Wynn

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2017
Anybody now what the rating is on this? I hope it's something the kids can watch.

Pretty sure it is NC-17, like most Spielberg produced projects. :) Looks really good. I started watching Ghost Writer and I am surprised how much I like it. It is a kids show that manages to not make the kids be stupid, with a diverse cast that does not feel like they were picked "1 from column A and 1 column B", but have a reason to be together. It seems to be 2 part stories.

Herrpod

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2019
Looks great. Been getting a lot of value out of my "free" year subscription. If they maintain such high quality throughout the year, I see no reason to not buy another year long subscription next year.

ChrisMoBro

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2016
I have been super excited about this but that trailer didn’t sell it well. Came across more like a show from the 90s and not one produced during the “golden era” of TV. I hope I’m wrong.

Jim Lahey

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2014
Looks promising. With the exception of Truth Be Told, I have enjoyed all the big ATV+ shows so far. Will give this a go.

• Love
Reactions: Ar40

robotfist

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2007
The problem with AppleTV is that the subscription just gives you access to Apple's original shows and nothing more. Netflix and Amazon give you their original shows in addition to a ton of other movies and tv shows that they've licensed, all of which change every 2-3 months. AppleTV is $5/month and Netflix is $9/month. I think if Apple wants to compete in this space, they're going to have to start licensing other content to include on AppleTV. Either that, or include other features, like an AppleNews+ subscription. Or perhaps they should just follow the Amazon Prime model and give you an AppleTV/AppleNews+ subscription for free if you're a paid subscriber to iCloud.

Apple does need to do something with AppleTV because it's current iteration feels half baked, like they're only half committed to it. They do this sort of thing often andtheir history is littered with things that they only sort of commit to: the Apple HomePod, the iPod Hifi, the iPhone battery case, the Quicktake cameras, Pippin, etc.

triangletechie

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2017
NC
I'll give this a shot but I don't see anything preventing me from cancelling when my trial is up. I'm not going to subscribe to every service out there and Apple's offerings are just not good enough compared to other options. Netflix, HBO, Amazon and Disney+ provide more than enough content for myself.

Side note, I'd love to be able to start the Apple TV and not have The Morning Show trailer shoved in my face.

• Disagree
Reactions: sinsin07
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.