Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today shared the trailer for "Billie Eilish: The World's A Little Blurry," an upcoming Billie Eilish documentary that will premiere in theaters and on Apple TV+ on Friday, February 26.

The documentary is described as the "true coming of age story" of the singer-songwriter and her rise to stardom. It offers an intimate look into her journey as a seventeen-year-old navigating life on the road, stage, and at home with her family while she writes, records, and releases her first album "WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?"

Apple paid $25 million for the Billie Eilish documentary back in December 2019, with the film directed by R.J. Cutler.

Apple has released several music documentaries in the past, but and this is the second that will premiere on ‌Apple TV+‌ instead of Apple Music. Apple last year released "Beastie Boys Story," a documentary on the Beastie Boys. Prior Apple documentaries like Taylor Swift's "The 1989 World Tour (Live)" and Ed Sheeran's "Songwriter" were both made available through ‌Apple Music‌ when they were released.

Article Link: Apple Shares Trailer for Upcoming Billie Eilish Documentary

• Love
Reactions: Apple Freak

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2008
I really hope the filmmaker and the artist came to an agreement to properly show the bull crap these artists put up with. No matter how good of people you surround yourself with, there are going to be jerks and butt holes lurking to screw you over and paired with an artist who is developing herself.

I'm in no way in the demographic to watch or enjoy this documentary and while Defiant Ones did a decent job, it glossed over a lot of drama.

In pop music, nothing is ever what it seems and this child has probably been through a LOT that we'll never know about and it would be good if they shared that.

...I recognize that perhaps her brand is like Taylor swift and it's it's "I'm 100% transparent" but no one on earth is or can be 100% transparent that's now how humans function.

Reactions: Jimmy James

julesme

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2016
San Jose
What kind of music is this? First time hearing about her.

Eilish is a phenomenally talented sister/brother duo (her brother is the principal producer, while they both write). Their early efforts were created in their parents' house, and the first songs were self-produced and uploaded, UGC style on their iMac. It helps if you like their music, which is subjective, as always. It's moody and not for everyone, admittedly.

Last edited:

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
I can't wait to see what drummed up drama they will create for this.
Online hate, body shaming, disrespect by other artists, Trump issues, etc.
I'm sure there will be some woman hating men mixed in there.
It is the Taylor Swift playbook to a tee (I bet).

nwcs

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2009
Tennessee
Grandpa Simpson’s wisdom strikes again:

I used to be with “it”, but then they changed what “it” was.
Now what I’m with isn’t “it” anymore and what’s “it” seems weird and scary.
It’ll happen to you!

supremedesigner

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2005
Gainesville, Fl
I got free Apple TV+ for a year from March 2020. Few interesting shows I liked are: See, Defending Jacob and Teheran.

The rest are meh. I’m not too excited to renew because all I see are bunch of documentaries and less actions.

yaxomoxay

macrumors demi-god
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Well, can't say I am a fan or even someone mildly interested, but I wish her well. Success at that young age, especially in the music scene, is not a light burden.

Reactions: Jimmy James

JohnApples

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2014
I’m actually proud of the MacRumors community on this one. Usually when an article is posted about an artist, the comments section is filled with “Who? Never heard of em” or “Awful music! Why would Apple promote this?” or some other insult about the artist. Glad to see there’s not a ton of that happening.

On topic: I’m excited to see this one. While admittedly I don’t like most of her music, I can’t deny she’s incredibly talented especially at a young age and she goes to the beat of her own drum. You can tell she makes the music “she” wants to make. I look forward to learning more about one of the more unique artists (IMO) out there right now.

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I'm of the age where new artists just don't grab me. But I will say, I listened to her album after seeing her on Hot Ones (I always give new music a chance) and ended up buying the album.

• Love
Reactions: bwillwall
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.