Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Shares Trailer for Werner Herzog Documentary 'Fireball'

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today shared the trailer for "Fireball," a Werner Herzog documentary that's set to debut on Apple TV+ on November 13.

"Fireball" explores the cultural and physical influence that meteors, comets, and deep impacts have had on earth in regard to mythology, religion, and human imagination.

Apple acquired the rights for "Fireball" over the summer. The documentary is the third collaboration between Herzog and director and geoscientist Clive Oppenheimer who previously teamed up for "Encounters at the End of the World" in Antarctica and "Into the Inferno" exploring active volcanoes.

"Fireball" joins several other documentaries available through Apple TV+ such as "Tiny World," "Boys State," and "The Elephant Queen."

In other Apple TV+ news, actress Kate Hudson is planning to join the cast of "Truth Be Told" for season 2. Season 1 of "Truth Be Told," which stars Octavia Spencer, focused on the reopening of a murder case after a popular podcast about it.

The first season starred Aaron Paul as Warren Cave, but "Truth Be Told" is designed to be an anthology series with a new main storyline each season. Hudson will play Micah Keith, a lifestyle guru and longtime friend of Spencer's character, Poppy Parnell, with the two exploring a new murder case that "deeply involves both women."

Article Link: Apple Shares Trailer for Werner Herzog Documentary 'Fireball'

Last edited:
Reactions: Ar40

bigchrisfgb

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2010
Has it been confirmed that iPhone 12 owners get a years worth of Apple TV+, assuming they haven’t already claimed it?

Ar40

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2017
This looks amazing. Cannot wait. Herzog's voice is so unique and the subject matter is interesting.

We're also getting another docu-series in November on people in different cultures. (And an animals at night docu-series in December).

Every single week in October and November has/will feature either a season 2 (Helpsters this week, Ghostwriter last week S2), new series, or new movie.

Allyance

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2017
East Bay, CA
I have watched Tiny Worlds and thoroughly enjoyed it. I posted a screen clip of the Trailer on the "Photograph of the Month" thread because there were so many good macro and close-up photos of birds, insect and flowers that I was doing the photographers a service by letting them know about "Tiny Worlds" and the incredible camera work, but got yelled at instead because it wasn't my photo. They totally missed the point.

Reactions: matrix07 and Ar40

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
AppleTV+ is the new HBO.

Shame the appletv app is such a buggy mess though. It’s going to be hard for Apple to be great at services without quality software.

• Love
Reactions: hagar and Ar40

Ar40

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2017
AppleTV+ is the new HBO.

Shame the appletv app is such a buggy mess though. It’s going to be hard for Apple to be great at services without quality software.
YES!! HBO is the leader in sustained quality TV and Apple is making a serious push into HBO territory. For me, the 2020 Apple content is superior to the 2020 HBO content. So many execs and producers joined Apple from HBO (etc.), it's no wonder.

JWSpaceMan

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2015
Wait, what? He's been directing films since the 1960s.

OK, good to know. I thought he just went around saying crazy **** like this:

That’s primarily what I’m a fan of, but I shall have to investigate his contributions to the cinema as well.

JMO1

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2017
Is it just me or is AppleTV hard to find Apple originals. The Apple TV app is convoluted with all sorts of subscription and third party tie ins that it UI and UX work very poorly at enticing you to find and or watch the Apple TV context. They need to copy Netflix algos and search quicker

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.