Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Is it just me or is AppleTV hard to find Apple originals. The Apple TV app is convoluted with all sorts of subscription and third party tie ins that it UI and UX work very poorly at enticing you to find and or watch the Apple TV context. They need to copy Netflix algos and search quicker
Yea, the AppleTV app is too convoluted. Often times, members here who see the app for the first time get confused as to what is actually AppleTV listing information and listings for other portals. I get Apple’’s thinking but, the layout and execution is terrible.

• Love
Reactions: Ar40

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I don’t think AppleTV is at that level quite yet. I think it is off to a decent start. The main problem is a lack of back catalogue.
I tend to think the promo is still active because it's displayed on the Apple site, but if it's a deciding factor, I'd call Apple Store support to confirm.

nylonsteel

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2010
i like werner herzog stuff
check his wiki article - very diverse
he is a perfect character in madolorian - hint - mando blows any atv+ show away
btw: atv+ should have bought the rights to the new halo live tv sci fi coming 2021 produced by steven spielberg
would have been awesom for a cross production of mandolorian vs the master chief - maybe some day

• Disagree

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
i like werner herzog stuff
check his wiki article - very diverse
he is a perfect character in madolorian - hint - mando blows any atv+ show away
btw: atv+ should have bought the rights to the new halo live tv sci fi coming 2021 produced by steven spielberg
would have been awesom for a cross production of mandolorian vs the master chief - maybe some day
Yes, it was perfect casting to see him in Mandalorian.

laz232

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2016
At a café near you
Looks like it might be good - BUT I really hope they don't overproduce this with sound-beds and quick cutaways.

That "fast-food" documentary style (basically the Gimlet media of TV) is a plague - that further erodes our ADHD-adled brains and prevents processing of complex information through constant audio-visual overload.

Gherkin

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2004
is everything on Apple TV+ in 4K?

Just got a 4K TV and haven't upgraded Netflix to 4K yet and I'm looking to watch some 4K content.

BigSmurf

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2018
All of Apple’s own stuff can easily be seen via the “Discover Apple TV” button in its app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.