Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today has shared two new iPad Pro ads titled Augment Reality and Take Notes. The short 15-second clips, set to the song "Go" by Louis The Child, are part of a larger campaign ongoing since last year.

The first ad focuses on how the iPad Pro can run augmented reality apps based on Apple's new ARKit platform for iOS 11.

The second ad focuses on how the Apple Pencil can be used to create multimedia notes on an iPad Pro running iOS 11, along with the ability to draw, type, or drag and drop photos from Apple's Files app. A few clips from this ad were previously shared in Apple's longer What's a Computer? ad in November.

The two ads follow yesterday's new 38-second ad titled A New Light, in which Apple explained how Portrait Lighting offers studio quality lighting effects without a studio and showed off various examples.

Article Link: Apple Shares Two New iPad Pro Ads Focused on Apple Pencil and Augmented Reality

Reactions: DeepIn2U

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
This take notes ad has been around for ages. It’s not new.

Did it have to be "New" to demonstrate the capabilities of iOS 11 and how the Apple Pencil can be used in conjunction to create multi media notes by drawing/dragging or dropping photos from files application?

Reactions: JPack

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
Did it have to be "New" to demonstrate the capabilities of iOS 11 and how the Apple Pencil can be used in conjunction to create multi media notes by drawing/dragging or dropping photos from files application?
I think @ronno was referencing the title of MR's article, which was bolstered by the first sentence:
Apple today has shared two new iPad Pro ads titled...

The ads are new to me since I'd never seen either previously. But if it's a recycled cut from an older ad, it's not exactly new.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I must be missing something about IOS 11. I still find myself putting down my iPad Pro to reach for my laptop when I want to get some real stuff done. Things like flipping between applications & copy paste are a real chore.

I think both the iPad and laptop will find different uses based on what you need it for. I find iPad to be the perfect median for me where I don't have to use my laptop most times. Albeit I think it's totally user dependent on your workload. But for me, my iPad can accomplish almost all of my tasks with ease , but there are times where desktop applications are more manageable through my laptop. But I have been pleased with how the iPad has benefited me way more than I thought it would.

Act3

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2014
USA
I must be missing something about IOS 11. I still find myself putting down my iPad Pro to reach for my laptop when I want to get some real stuff done. Things like flipping between applications & copy paste are a real chore.

yea the copy and paste isn't where it needs to be for a 2018 "pro" device but really don't want to start the mouse argument on this thread but if it had one I'd be more likely to ditch my desktop.

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
If you’re interested in doing more, there are tutorials on split screen, drag and drop and Apple Files. :) With an Apple Smart Keyboard, the iPP is a highly capable device to get “real stuff” done.

Reactions: unobtainium

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
The AR ad is a silly usecase. Should have thought of something cool and meaningful. Laying out furniture in a park is something people don’t do.

Notes in a tree is a cool idea since that would be harder with laptop. iPad for exploring

Soundtrack is on-point.

The big problem, as always, is iOS 11 is so buggy. Corrupted a bunch of files during sync yesterday. May have been Dropbox fault, but I still blame Apple for not creating a system where this wasn’t possible.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.