Apple Shelves Plans for Apple Pay in India After Facing Regulatory Issues and Technical Hurdles

FriednTested

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2014
superpower by 2020 tho
We would have been. Had not this current government put us back by atleast 10 years.

Apple seriously needs to give up on India for the time being. The country isn’t ready yet.
It won’t be for another 10 years atleast.

India is a joke. It’s so anti business it’s hilarious.
Thriving businesses are coming to a stand still. I had a thriving business. Was forced to immigrate to Canada.

Agreed. I didn’t believe it before but it seems India is refusing Apple due to it being an American co
Nah. It’s just too much red tape and corruption.

I don't know to be honest. Google doesn't seem to be the Pro-American company like Apple does abroad ... in terms of perception. I mean Google's or Alphabet's Android is heavily entrenched there and shows diversity. Maybe it's because their CEO is Pichai Sundararajan (Sundar Pichai; as commonly known), was born in Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India and went to school early on in provinces there. He pretty much is the epitome of Indian success now that he's at Google!

Cook ... born and bread in USA (education, etc) and let's face it ... doesn't seem much of a family man; which is very huge in their culture there. This is my assumption so don't take anything from it ... but I just somehow feel Apple is viewed as an American company not unlike 1984 where Google is not. Samsung is making great strides there too.
You really think 95% of the Indians even know who Sundar Pichai is?

Couldn't agree more.

From World Bank data:
  • Access to electricity: 84.5% of population
  • Literacy rate: 69%
  • Extreme poverty rate ($1.90/day): 21.2%

Outside of that, you have the country not enforcing laws related to gang rape or honor killings of women.

It's crazy Indian regulators don't allow fingerprint authentication for Apple Pay but allows the above to go unnoticed.
Doesn’t allow it because they know they can’t hack it. Oh and you forget the lynching to death of numerous people because they were “suspected” of eating beeef. And the murderers being given a national flag salute when they died or being felicitated by the government.

mingravity

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2013
I am from India. Posters before this post have some idea of India, and I feel sorry for my country that we have such a perception in the world and are somehow looked down upon without looking at both sides of the coin, and certainly not inside one's own backyard.

The discussion is about Apple halting the Apple Pay release, and I will stick to why that is. I will not digress into superpower perceptions and political nonsense this thread is getting into just because the first poster to reply to the Macrumors post set the tone so wrong.

There is only one reason that Apple Pay is facing hurdles in India, and that is NOT that the country wants its data within the country - that is okay - but that the government of the day is sure to be wanting some form of snooping possibility that the folks at Apple would be refusing to allow. Simple things such as Touch ID integration is on the payments backbone and frankly, India is capable of a lot, but the ill desire to turn everything into political mileage somehow, is hurting the end user in the long run.

About Samsung and Google, the less said the better.

The only reason Apple Pay is facing issues (not to be confused with Apple's overall issues in the country) is due to the fact that there is a chance that the government may not be able to snoop. The current government is hell bent on turning everything into political mileage for 2019. This is also probably payback to Apple, who refused to allow TRAI some stupid app-based access to message content (good Apple). Very recently, the government was mulling plans to ask networks to disengage and deregister iOS devices on their network to punish Apple for not allowing them that access.

Dear forum members, cut out the anger and the bile, please. Third world, developing nations are still humans. There is nothing to be earned looking at us condescendingly, that when we have so many poor and so many issues, we are thinking of space programmes and what not. Tell me, is there no poor man, no hungry man, no shelterless person in the developed countries anymore? :)

It is my request to you, be kind. Man is man, wherever he is, whichever country he belongs to, ultimately he belongs in this world only. There is nothing to be gained by looking down upon, and commenting like what I have read above. If at all, sympathise and look objectively at the country, the countrymen, the issues the people are facing. Look at both sides of the coin, it is the least that you can do. No?
Lol I think u just gave the discussion a political aspect.

Reactions: macintoshmac

beanbaguk

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2014
Europe
Let me tell you something.

Amazon
1. India was the 4th country after US, UK, Germany to get Amazon Alexa, far ahead of other European Countries.
2. India is one of a few countries to have a local Amazon Website.
3. Amazon has already invested around $5 Billion in India.

Walmart
1. Recently Invested $16 Billion in India by purchasing Flipkart.

Google
1. Google regularly holds events in India where they show features developed for Indian markets which may sometimes roll out globally. [Example - Offline Video]
2. Google already has its payment app in India - 'Google Tez'.

Apple
1. Apple is trying very hard to expand in India.
2. They have started manufacturing locally in India.

I find two possibilities here -

1. Either all the executives of the above tech companies are stupid as they are focusing so heavily on the Indian market.
2. You are smarter than all the executives of above companies.

Regarding the space program

India is the 3rd largest economy of world in terms of PPP [GDP $8.7 trillion] and 6th largest in terms of nominal GDP [$2.4 Trillion]

And Since expenditures such as Military spending and space programs are largely dependent on GDP rather than GDP per capita So India can very well afford its space program.

And BTW we are sending a manned space flight in next few years. None of the European Country has ever done that.

Also in a decade India will surpass every European Country in terms of nominal GDP.
It is already ahead in terms of GDP [Purchasing power Parity] than all other European countries.

World is a dynamic place. World order changes.

So please take off your rose tinted glasses and respect the new world order, where majority of Europe is in decline And India is growing.
Amusing your last comment.

I'll put your views (and everyone else's into real perspective):

United Kingdom GDP per capita - 39,804.98 USD (2017)
United States GDP per capita - 59,484.00 USD (2017)

India GDP per capita - 1,977.29 USD (2018)

Source - https://www.ceicdata.com/en/indicator/india/gdp-per-capita

More stats to show how successful India is:
  • 31% of all poor children live in India
  • 1.3 billion people in India live below the poverty line
  • Infant mortality rate is 39/1000, yet in UK and US it's 6 and 8 respectively.
But the government definitely has to right to shoot rockets off into space for absolutely no reason other than gloating rights.

(And while European nations haven't shot a man into space, they have contributed a fair chunk....)

I for one, think India should focus on it's population before creating nukes and a space program. I guess not everyone cares one bit about corruption, child poverty and massive organised crime.

macintoshmac

macrumors 68040
May 13, 2010
Talking about the country's poor, talking about the space programmes and what not, how is all of this connected to Apple Pay being shelved? :)

Reactions: Aniruddh

vvs14

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
NY

But the government definitely has to right to shoot rockets off into space for absolutely no reason other than gloating rights.

(And while European nations haven't shot a man into space, they have contributed a fair chunk....)

I for one, think India should focus on it's population before creating nukes and a space program. I guess not everyone cares one bit about corruption, child poverty and massive organised crime.
I am amazed by how people can talk about things they know nothing about with great confidence.
[doublepost=1536266219][/doublepost]
Talking about the country's poor, talking about the space programmes and what not, how is all of this connected to Apple Pay being shelved? :)
Its not. But not all people can have a good discussion without talking about irrelevant subjects. So they just spew ******** without checking facts.

Val-kyrie

macrumors 68000
Feb 13, 2005
Apple's long-term success in India will coincide with the success of Apple Pay. Digital monetary transactions are the future.

Reactions: macintoshmac

paranoidmac

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2012

Thanks for using statistics to twist facts. Please read my post carefully.

I specifically mentioned about absolute GDP being more important for expenditures like military and space programs. But you chose to mention GDP per capita.

Because every country spends a percentage of their ABSOLUTE GDP on military and space and if you have large absolute GDP you can chose to spend more on Space and military.

1. In general, Countries spend around 2-3% of absolute GDP on military. Therefore With a GDP of $2.6 Trillion India can comfortably spend around $ 70 Billion on military.
  2. Same goes for the space program, India spends around 0.064% [$ 1.6 Billion] of GDP on ISRO.

According to your logic countries like China which has low GDP per capita should not focus on Space program.

Also according to IMF data UK is ranked at 22 in GDP per capita, So according to you UK should spend less on space program than the 21 countries above UK in GDP per capita.

"I for one, think India should focus on it's population before creating nukes and a space program. I guess not everyone cares one bit about corruption, child poverty and massive organised crime."

According to above facts India's spending on military and space program is in line or less than how the entire world spends on military and space.
India is not siphoning its education and social development budget into military and space.

Thanks but no thanks, We have an elected government so your thought about how India should be run does not matter.

Also go read this article to understand about poverty in UK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_the_United_Kingdom

Also please do not compare US and UK, UK has a paltry economy in comparison to US. [$2.6 Trillion vs $20 Trillion]

And if you belong to UK please read about the atrocities committed by your govt in the past on entire world in form of colonialism and imperialism before commenting on lawlessness and crime in other parts of world.

For start please read the article below to know few of them.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/worst-atrocities-british-empire-amritsar-boer-war-concentration-camp-mau-mau-a7612176.html

If you need more sources about atrocities and crimes against humanity by UK government in past please comment i will provide you with many.

Last edited:

pratikindia

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2014
India is a joke. It’s so anti business it’s hilarious.
India is not a joke. If Samsung and Google can launch Samsung Pay and Google Pay, then why can't Apple. Apple will only bow down to their masters in China. They will obey them without question. Google Pay has millions of users in India. GPay and SPay are accepted almost everywhere in India. Apple says that it respects other country's law. It truth, they don't. One more reason not to buy Apple in India.
[doublepost=1536298614][/doublepost]
We would have been. Had not this current government put us back by atleast 10 years.

It won’t be for another 10 years atleast.

Thriving businesses are coming to a stand still. I had a thriving business. Was forced to immigrate to Canada.

Nah. It’s just too much red tape and corruption.

You really think 95% of the Indians even know who Sundar Pichai is?

Doesn’t allow it because they know they can’t hack it. Oh and you forget the lynching to death of numerous people because they were “suspected” of eating beeef. And the murderers being given a national flag salute when they died or being felicitated by the government.
STOP lying. This govt is 100 times better than the corrupt UPA govt. India has reached to new heights under this govt. Business is thriving here in India.
[doublepost=1536298754][/doublepost]
Superpower my backside. Abject poverty, no regulation, total lawless control over commercial copyright, corruption at the highest levels and highly sophisticated organised crime.....but they're launching rockets by piling huge amounts of money into a space program while children die from malnutrition, disease is rife and millions live in squalor.

Sounds like a superpower to me.

Have you visited India at least one? You believe in false propaganda those westerners show you. Take a look at some videos on YouTube how great India is. Shall I provide you links?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Oblivious.Robot

macintoshmac

macrumors 68040
May 13, 2010
@maflynn, @Weaselboy @OllyW I think this thread needs cleanup. This is turning political for no rhyme or reason, just because the first poster set the tone so wrong.
[doublepost=1536301109][/doublepost]
STOP lying. This govt is 100 times better than the corrupt UPA govt. India has reached to new heights under this govt. Business is thriving here in India.

You believe in false propaganda those westerners show you. Take a look at some videos on YouTube how great India is. Shall I provide you links?
1. Please, let us not start about what the current government is doing or not. Do not come to the forum to decorate and exonerate the buffoonery of the current regime. This thread and forum is about Apple.

2. YouTube videos will be the benchmark for a country's greatness?

Come on, man. :)

Last edited:

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
I am from India. Posters before this post have some idea of India, and I feel sorry for my country that we have such a perception in the world and are somehow looked down upon without looking at both sides of the coin, and certainly not inside one's own backyard.

The discussion is about Apple halting the Apple Pay release, and I will stick to why that is. I will not digress into superpower perceptions and political nonsense this thread is getting into just because the first poster to reply to the Macrumors post set the tone so wrong.

There is only one reason that Apple Pay is facing hurdles in India, and that is NOT that the country wants its data within the country - that is okay - but that the government of the day is sure to be wanting some form of snooping possibility that the folks at Apple would be refusing to allow. Simple things such as Touch ID integration is on the payments backbone and frankly, India is capable of a lot, but the ill desire to turn everything into political mileage somehow, is hurting the end user in the long run.

About Samsung and Google, the less said the better.

The only reason Apple Pay is facing issues (not to be confused with Apple's overall issues in the country) is due to the fact that there is a chance that the government may not be able to snoop. The current government is hell bent on turning everything into political mileage for 2019. This is also probably payback to Apple, who refused to allow TRAI some stupid app-based access to message content (good Apple). Very recently, the government was mulling plans to ask networks to disengage and deregister iOS devices on their network to punish Apple for not allowing them that access.

Dear forum members, cut out the anger and the bile, please. Third world, developing nations are still humans. There is nothing to be earned looking at us condescendingly, that when we have so many poor and so many issues, we are thinking of space programmes and what not. Tell me, is there no poor man, no hungry man, no shelterless person in the developed countries anymore? :)

It is my request to you, be kind. Man is man, wherever he is, whichever country he belongs to, ultimately he belongs in this world only. There is nothing to be gained by looking down upon, and commenting like what I have read above. If at all, sympathise and look objectively at the country, the countrymen, the issues the people are facing. Look at both sides of the coin, it is the least that you can do. No?
So Samsung and Google agreed to the government snooping?

thasan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
Germany
snooping is the main point.
indian government is another issue. a very sad one. but lets not go there.
[doublepost=1536306840][/doublepost]
India is not a joke. If Samsung and Google can launch Samsung Pay and Google Pay, then why can't Apple. Apple will only bow down to their masters in China. They will obey them without question. Google Pay has millions of users in India. GPay and SPay are accepted almost everywhere in India. Apple says that it respects other country's law. It truth, they don't. One more reason not to buy Apple in India.
[doublepost=1536298614][/doublepost]

[doublepost=1536298754][/doublepost]

Have you visited India at least one? You believe in false propaganda those westerners show you. Take a look at some videos on YouTube how great India is. Shall I provide you links?
lol. really? youtube videos? u guys are hilarious
i have visited india, multiple times. and i agree with the original poster. i have never seen people from a superpower nation defacing by rail lines and lynching people suspected of eating beef. please stop false propaganda. the post is about why apple is not able to do business. the the main reason, very likely reason, is snooping.
[doublepost=1536307222][/doublepost]
Thanks for using statistics to twist facts. Please read my post carefully.

I specifically mentioned about absolute GDP being more important for expenditures like military and space programs. But you chose to mention GDP per capita.

Because every country spends a percentage of their ABSOLUTE GDP on military and space and if you have large absolute GDP you can chose to spend more on Space and military.

1. In general, Countries spend around 2-3% of absolute GDP on military. Therefore With a GDP of $2.6 Trillion India can comfortably spend around $ 70 Billion on military.
  2. Same goes for the space program, India spends around 0.064% [$ 1.6 Billion] of GDP on ISRO.

According to your logic countries like China which has low GDP per capita should not focus on Space program.

Also according to IMF data UK is ranked at 22 in GDP per capita, So according to you UK should spend less on space program than the 21 countries above UK in GDP per capita.

"I for one, think India should focus on it's population before creating nukes and a space program. I guess not everyone cares one bit about corruption, child poverty and massive organised crime."

According to above facts India's spending on military and space program is in line or less than how the entire world spends on military and space.
India is not siphoning its education and social development budget into military and space.

Thanks but no thanks, We have an elected government so your thought about how India should be run does not matter.

Also go read this article to understand about poverty in UK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_the_United_Kingdom

Also please do not compare US and UK, UK has a paltry economy in comparison to US. [$2.6 Trillion vs $20 Trillion]

And if you belong to UK please read about the atrocities committed by your govt in the past on entire world in form of colonialism and imperialism before commenting on lawlessness and crime in other parts of world.

For start please read the article below to know few of them.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/worst-atrocities-british-empire-amritsar-boer-war-concentration-camp-mau-mau-a7612176.html

If you need more sources about atrocities and crimes against humanity by UK government in past please comment i will provide you with many.
Human development index:
http://hdr.undp.org/en/composite/HDI

Congratulations. super power India is above many other super power countries:
Bhutan, Timor-Leste, Vanuatu, Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Kiribati

paranoidmac

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2012

i have visited india, multiple times. and i agree with the original poster. i have never seen people from a superpower nation defacing by rail lines and lynching people suspected of eating beef. please stop false propaganda. the post is about why apple is not able to do business. the the main reason, very likely reason, is snooping.

Human development index:

Did you understand my post ? Or even tried to ?

Because you quoted me and your comment makes no sense regarding my post.

Last edited:

macintoshmac

macrumors 68040
May 13, 2010

Human development index:

Exactly - snooping is the main issue, to the best of my understanding. My understanding is implied, too.

Case in point:

I know for a fact, that the gov was working to make sure that phones in India have the unique identification authority's number on every SIM card sold in the country, this was public knowledge some years ago. Let's say the government did not do it.

Now, some days ago, there was a sudden 'scare' among people that there was this authority's number in their Android phone contacts, that they did not put.

Now the cracker:

The government and that authority denied all role, and Google India made a statement that it was their mistake and a coding error.

Imagine that. This is the level of control the current regime is trying to impose on reporting, media, and conglomerate businesses. Nobody even half literate and capable of free thought believed that Google 'inadvertently' created a contact with that authority's old number in people's phone directories.

That authority denied that the number is not theirs, however, conveniently, no one reported that that number in fact belonged to them, only it was truncated from use couple of years ago.

The levels of high voltage political games the current regime is capable of and engaging in, is absolutely unprecedented in this country. All so that they can stay in power and turn the country according to their own mindset. And this is the level that Google can go to, because it knows that it isn't going to be looked upon as the champion of customer rights anyway.

This government has made several attempts, since it came to power, to monitor the citizens' social media accounts to gauge their sentiments and influence political outcome one way or the other. It is well documented.

This is why I believe there is snooping involved.

Reactions: thasan

beanbaguk

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2014
Europe
I get if you're from India, you will defend your country tooth and nail, but the fact is India is not a country I would invest my money in given any chance.

I have many friends from India too, having worked with colleagues in India for many years in Hyderabad. There are good and bad things about any country and I agree the UK has a very black past; But we live in the present and we're talking about present situation.

India wants to pretend to be a superpower, but frankly, it's simply not. Technology companies pile huge sums of cash into the country for cheap labour, but it's not for commercial buying power. Over 80% of Indian's probably couldn't afford an iPhone or piece of Apple equipment without getting into crippling debt.

And on the topic of cheap labour, this is a turning tide.

As I mentioned earlier, I worked many years with developers based in India and while they were all lovely people and some of the times we had going out and enjoying food and drink were marvellous, working with them was a nightmare. The coding quality was the poorest I've ever had. Projects were continuously late and under-delivered with items de-scoped and handled in a poor way. In short, as a product owner, it was impossible to deliver a successful project.

On top of this, we had numerous problems with intellectual copyright theft, fake qualifications and just a dreadful attitude to work. The Indian team leads I worked with however were incredibly competent and very smart people who spent the day constantly pulling their hair out in despair and they just wanted to get out and work in another place; But they all loved their country and damned right they should. The point is, multinationals are pulling out as fast as they rolled in.

However the facts are plain and simple. India is a very corrupt, difficult place to work and however you want to perceive GPD numbers, economic stats, and YouTube videos, any person who's worked there will tell you exactly the same.

Reactions: JPack and thasan

laptech

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
I like India's stance that it's customers bank data stay's in India hence why Apple pay will not work because Apple will insist that the bank data be stored on it's Apple pay servers which are in the US.

Reactions: Aniruddh

mingravity

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2013

actually not quite right. Indian space prog actually makes money/profit by commercial rocket launching for other countries. And it is also generates jobs. so it would be wrong to write it off as a pointless investment.
[doublepost=1536320612][/doublepost]
Projects were continuously late and under-delivered with items de-scoped and handled in a poor way. In short, as a product owner, it was impossible to deliver a successful project.
personally can't agree to everything else, but yes this point is spot on. Think they sometimes do it on purpose, every extra day is more money. lol

beanbaguk

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2014
Europe
actually not quite right. Indian space prog actually makes money/profit by commercial rocket launching for other countries. And it is also generates jobs. so it would be wrong to write it off as a pointless investment.
[doublepost=1536320612][/doublepost]
personally can't agree to everything else, but yes this point is spot on. Think they sometimes do it on purpose, every extra day is more money. lol
Going by your agreement that projects are dragged on to try and generate more short-term gain pretty much kills large projects like a commercial space program on the spot.

It's exactly this reason I wouldn't invest or drive any work towards India sadly.

There's always somebody in it for the short term and leaders have a complete lack of long-term vision.

macintoshmac

macrumors 68040
May 13, 2010
I get if you're from India, you will defend your country tooth and nail, but the fact is India is not a country I would invest my money in given any chance.

I have many friends from India too, having worked with colleagues in India for many years in Hyderabad. There are good and bad things about any country and I agree the UK has a very black past; But we live in the present and we're talking about present situation.

India wants to pretend to be a superpower, but frankly, it's simply not. Technology companies pile huge sums of cash into the country for cheap labour, but it's not for commercial buying power. Over 80% of Indian's probably couldn't afford an iPhone or piece of Apple equipment without getting into crippling debt.

And on the topic of cheap labour, this is a turning tide.

As I mentioned earlier, I worked many years with developers based in India and while they were all lovely people and some of the times we had going out and enjoying food and drink were marvellous, working with them was a nightmare. The coding quality was the poorest I've ever had. Projects were continuously late and under-delivered with items de-scoped and handled in a poor way. In short, as a product owner, it was impossible to deliver a successful project.

On top of this, we had numerous problems with intellectual copyright theft, fake qualifications and just a dreadful attitude to work. The Indian team leads I worked with however were incredibly competent and very smart people who spent the day constantly pulling their hair out in despair and they just wanted to get out and work in another place; But they all loved their country and damned right they should. The point is, multinationals are pulling out as fast as they rolled in.

However the facts are plain and simple. India is a very corrupt, difficult place to work and however you want to perceive GPD numbers, economic stats, and YouTube videos, any person who's worked there will tell you exactly the same.
From what I know about the large tech companies at least, people are working long and hard to satisfy their clients abroad. Often times there are: items brought in after scope negotiation, unreasonable timeframes expected, sometimes going back and forth between what was said, but these guys can't say no, they just have to rework the scope and keep working to deliver. And this is what the conglomerates like TCS face.

I am not sure how the lower rung would go about it and what the perception here would be about, really. The guys in TCS and Infosys and such companies are actually pretty driven and if these guys keep delivering projects late like you say, these companies would not have the reputation they have and would have shut shop long back.

These companies have a long list of esteemed clients, Apple included. Surely they could not have had the trust of conglomerates if what you are saying is true.

Intellectual property theft and fake qualifications? I would like to know which company/companies did you deal with? You can post here or PM me. I know for sure that this is not possible in large conglomerates. If this is happening in large companies, I would like to know which ones, and how. Please share your experience in detail.

beanbaguk

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2014
Europe
From what I know about the large tech companies at least, people are working long and hard to satisfy their clients abroad. Often times there are: items brought in after scope negotiation, unreasonable timeframes expected, sometimes going back and forth between what was said, but these guys can't say no, they just have to rework the scope and keep working to deliver. And this is what the conglomerates like TCS face.

I am not sure how the lower rung would go about it and what the perception here would be about, really. The guys in TCS and Infosys and such companies are actually pretty driven and if these guys keep delivering projects late like you say, these companies would not have the reputation they have and would have shut shop long back.

These companies have a long list of esteemed clients, Apple included. Surely they could not have had the trust of conglomerates if what you are saying is true.

Intellectual property theft and fake qualifications? I would like to know which company/companies did you deal with? You can post here or PM me. I know for sure that this is not possible in large conglomerates. If this is happening in large companies, I would like to know which ones, and how. Please share your experience in detail.
One of the beauties of a forum is anonymity....to a degree anyway.

Why should I provide details of my experience with you? Who are you exactly and who do you work for to want to know this potentially sensitive information?

macintoshmac

macrumors 68040
May 13, 2010
One of the beauties of a forum is anonymity....to a degree anyway.

Why should I provide details of my experience with you? Who are you exactly and who do you work for to want to know this potentially sensitive information?
All I am saying is, either make claims you are willing to substantiate, or refrain. Simple as that. I asked with genuine inquisitiveness, but your mindset glows way too brightly to be missed.

The fact that you are not willing to share your experience, but are willing to proclaim with authority and make a blanket remark on the competitiveness, on the work ethos, on the work culture of the companies in India, not to mention the people of the country who work in said companies, is objectionable.

Why is it objectionable? Because you are not willing to substantiate your claim but are happy to post where people will read and fall prey to your nonsense about the work culture of the companies I specifically mentioned in India.

I will, therefore, feel myself entitled to ask people I know in tech companies to come to this forum and share their side of experiences with clients like you or those you may be working for. Want a fair match? Are you going to be okay with that?

You are talking about work culture and ethos issues in multi billion dollar companies in India. Since they are so successful, either you are lying about the people of India and the culture in these companies, or you are insinuating that the world is stupid to keep working with them even after they have such shoddy ethics.

You are propagating falsehood about immensely successful multi billion dollar companies, accusing the people and potentially the companies of intellectual property theft and fake degrees. This is a serious accusation on the people of the country who work in said companies, and on the companies itself. No wonder you find anonymity a beautiful thing. The ones who are correct, who are true, and who are fair, stand tall to scrutiny with conviction. :)

The IT companies in India employ close to 3 and a half million people and your accusation directly accuses the ethos of these 3 and a half million people, and the work culture of companies employing them. Mind your words before posting falsehood next time. Do not use them loosely and make blanket statements on millions.

Last edited: