Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barmann

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2010
Germany
While this might work for Apple overall, I'm worried about them caving into pressure too much. They "caved" in on worker's rights, diversity, environmental and now unions. These are not bad things but they will eventually lead to bad things like special interest groups that should have never formed pushing their political agendas on corporate America.

Once special interest groups smell blood or weakness, they do not stop until they are rich and their opposers are unemployed.

You do understand that the only powerful special interest groups in your country are big companies ?

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
This is a great step move and will demonstrate to corporate America that full time benefitted employees are more productive, happier and are eeasier to retain than part time contractual employees.

Wow!

You sound like an authority on this subject! Please, post up your stats That you have clearly researched at length.

We will wait......

macgeezack

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2015
Principality

"Mercenaries and auxiliaries are useless and dangerous; and if one holds his state based on these arms, he will stand neither firm nor safe..." -Machiavelli

Funduro

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2014
Awesome news

And this is why I like Apple and it's products an awful lot, like in I own lots of Apple product$.

theheadguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
california
This is great news. It's so amusing to read the anti-union posts here. Yet, the workers have a clear win here thanks to union. Apple bows to pressure all the time. But, that is also what makes them a great company. They respond to pressure from the consumers, market, media, etc. They go where they have to go to look good and preserve a great image.

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen
While this might work for Apple overall, I'm worried about them caving into pressure too much. They "caved" in on worker's rights, diversity, environmental and now unions. These are not bad things but they will eventually lead to bad things like special interest groups that should have never formed pushing their political agendas on corporate America.

Once special interest groups smell blood or weakness, they do not stop until they are rich and their opposers are unemployed.

Oh those poor oppressed and put upon corporations :rolleyes:

Cry me a river.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
With their own security force, Apple can control exactly what they want leaked and when.

kemal

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2001
Nebraska
I would like to see patches within 24 hours of dev availability for the software included in OS X. Otherwise, just stop offering "Server".

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
This is great news. It's so amusing to read the anti-union posts here. Yet, the workers have a clear win here thanks to union. Apple bows to pressure all the time. But, that is also what makes them a great company. They respond to pressure from the consumers, market, media, etc. They go where they have to go to look good and preserve a great image.

I really feel sorry for you if you think unions are anything except toxic cancer.

Daalseth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
I really feel sorry for you if you think unions are anything except toxic cancer.

So how do you like that seven day work week and 10 cents an hour. Oh that's right you don't have to deal with that because unions got the 40 hour week, minimum wage, benefits etc. etc. for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
So how do you like that seven day work week and 10 cents an hour. Oh that's right you don't have to deal with that because unions got the 40 hour week, minimum wage, benefits etc. etc. for you.

Yeah, we've heard that argument before. Maybe a hundred years ago unions mattered but recently they are simply a huge expense and a way to protect the the weak and suck money from companies like a virus. Oh, and let's not even start with public unions.... OMG..... Total taxpayer ripoff in every way possible.

If you look at companies, industries, or State Govts that are broke you'll find unions a big part of the problem. Let's review. Auto industry? Destroyed by union costs. Steel industry? Ruined by union labor costs. Airline industry? Partially ruined by unions and the terrorists did the rest. Local and state Govts that are broke, like NY, Illinois, California, etc all have massive public unions sucking the states dry.

Those are the facts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Poisonivy326

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2012

Yeah, not discriminating against people for their gender, sexual orientation, and race is such a bad thing. :rolleyes:

knucklehead

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2003
Opened this thread thinking of the other type of "security".

I care about as much about this security team as I do about Apples "Fashion Trend Awareness " team.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
The middle class share of the U.S. National wealth has declined in proportion to union membership.
Any proof of this?
And I would guess that's just coincidental (I can find Australian poof of this). Personal wealth and union membership are not mutually inclusive.

I am not part of a union. And I am proud not to be part of one. As they do more harm than good.

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
Hopefully the janitorial crew will also become full time. Janitors get exposed to a ton of inside information via mismanaged trash containing confidential info.

Yes, the security risks associated with someone posting pictures of executive crap... The implications are disastrous. ;)

----------

How do those "oil miners" manage to stuff enough oil into their pockets to get rich?

Zip lock baggies ;)

----------

Wow, I didn't realize I was so far in the future. In my time, there already are special interest groups.

Didn't remember them having internet in the 1800's.... I'm impressed that you've somehow posted a message in my time period.

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
You know how in the Sci-Fi stories the future is dominated by mega corporations? Getting a full time security force is part of the step toward that.

Of course I'm joking. But only sort of.

Also I wonder if there is any connection to this and the fact that Apple is now going to be shipping around and storing a pretty solid amount of gold soon. Assuming those Edition watches are $5,000 and up, they are going to stress the security features of Apple stores in a new way.

sevoneone

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2010
That headline picture is missing something :apple:

Attachments

• shot.jpg
    shot.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 106

haxrnick

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2011
Seattle

Yeah, we've heard that argument before. Maybe a hundred years ago unions mattered but recently they are simply a huge expense and a way to protect the the weak and suck money from companies like a virus. Oh, and let's not even start with public unions.... OMG..... Total taxpayer ripoff in every way possible.

If you look at companies, industries, or State Govts that are broke you'll find unions a big part of the problem. Let's review. Auto industry? Destroyed by union costs. Steel industry? Ruined by union labor costs. Airline industry? Partially ruined by unions and the terrorists did the rest. Local and state Govts that are broke, like NY, Illinois, California, etc all have massive public unions sucking the states dry.

Those are the facts.
Daalseth won't return to this thread. Why? Because someone actually questioned his regurgitated huffpo crap. Now that it's been questioned he has no answer. You're not supposed to question!

theheadguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
california
Yeah, we've heard that argument before. Maybe a hundred years ago unions mattered but recently they are simply a huge expense and a way to protect the the weak and suck money from companies like a virus. Oh, and let's not even start with public unions.... OMG..... Total taxpayer ripoff in every way possible. If you look at companies, industries, or State Govts that are broke you'll find unions a big part of the problem. Let's review. Auto industry? Destroyed by union costs. Steel industry? Ruined by union labor costs. Airline industry? Partially ruined by unions and the terrorists did the rest. Local and state Govts that are broke, like NY, Illinois, California, etc all have massive public unions sucking the states dry. Those are the facts.
Your facts are derived from political commentary drivel posing as informative right-wing news. You have no clue what you are talking about. Oh, and California has a surplus. But, you don't know the facts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.