Apple Showcases Cute Ways Customers Have Customized Their AirPods Cases in Korean Ad

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today shared a new AirPods ad in Korea that showcases a variety of cute ways in which customers have customized their AirPods charging cases, including adding heart stickers, teddy bear ornaments, salt and pepper decals, and more. Many of the AirPods cases have also been transformed into keychains.

Apple does not offer any of these customization options for AirPods cases in Korea or elsewhere and is merely promoting the creativity of its Korean customers. The ad is featured at the top of Apple's homepage in Korea.

This follows Apple's creative "Bounce" ad that highlighted the newer wireless charging case available for AirPods.

Article Link: Apple Showcases Cute Ways Customers Have Customized Their AirPods Cases in Korean Ad

spooky2k

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2008
California
Ironically, Apple doesn't sell or make these cases. If someone else made an ad featuring their products like this, they'd go mad. Typical Apple hypocrisy.

These cases are dirt cheap on Ali Express and eBay. Apple would never sell these for anything less than 30 bucks judging by their stock now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oblivious.Robot

definitive

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2008
ironic video, considering apple is all about locking stuff down, and using proprietary accessories. there are of benefits for that, but it is an ironic video.

CPx

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2013
Interesting that they don't show any examples of the AirPods themselves customized.

iZac

macrumors 68020
Apr 28, 2003
Shanghai
Oh give me a break. If you don't want to put your airpod case in another case, you don't have to. Some people have fun with this stuff, it makes them happy. What's going on in your life, if that makes you unhappy?
Hi Nicky, I'm not sure how that was interpreted as disdain for Airpod cases, my girlfriend got some for her Airpods with little cat ears - which are fine. Sorry if I offended.

I was simply highlighting that Apple needs to sell different colourways for their Airpods, because they themselves are highlighting customers desire for diversity and individuality. I myself was seriously considering getting a custom pair from Colorware until my partner bought me some regular ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicky G

incoherent_1

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2016
Say what you will about Apple under Tim
Cook, but AirPods have been an insanely huge success. I can’t go into the CBD without seeing dozens of people wearing them (or at least wearing knock-offs, which conveys the success of the originals).

Reactions: martyjmclean

TJ82

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
Loving this. Favourite Apple Ad in ages.

Guess I'll be spending my weekend on AliExpress :D