Apple signing 4.1 right now???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kre62, May 25, 2011.

1. kre62, May 25, 2011
    Last edited: May 25, 2011

kre62 macrumors 68000

NOTE: Before more people think i'm new to jb'ing and just simply didnt realize the phone already had blobs saved, I'll tell you this is NOT the case. When I got the new phone, the first thing I did was check for BLOBS. There were none. None were saved for 2 weeks. After which I had a 4.3.3 blob and a 4.1 blob. If blobs were being saved since 4.1, i'd also have 4.2.1, 4.3, 4.3.1, 4.3.2. Like I said there were ZERO blobs originally, i made sure in multiple ways. Screenshot below. Also I did not use blobs to restore tonight to 4.1.

Original Post:

So a few weeks ago I got a replacement 3GS under the battery plan. It was not refurbished and it came with 4.3.2.

I quickly jb'd it, then opened Cydia. I was dissapointed to see no SHSH saved for the phone (I was hoping). It said Pending TSS request.

A few days ago I opened Cydia and found that it said I had SHSH for 4.1 and 4.3.3. I restored to 4.1 using TinyUmbrella.

Today I decided to restore again to 4.1 due to some battery issues. But this time I decided to try it without TU or the SHSH, for kicks to see if it would work. I also edited my HOSTS file to make sure it was not pointing at Cydias servers.

Well, IT WORKED!!! iTunes verified the restore with Apple servers and proceeded with the install!

So if anyone hates 4.3.3, try going back down to 4.1. Maybe Apple is letting it get signed because people are complaining. Who knows.

Report back here if it works for you.

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Since your phone is refurbished, the old owner had gotten the blob or JB the phone. Apple doesn't sign old iOSs.

3. kre62 thread starter macrumors 68000

Lol did you even read my post?

1) Not refurbished

2) No blobs were saved when I got it

3) I ensured the blob was not used when I just restored

Read next time.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

rather rude OP hope you don't need help down the road.. Sorry we didn't realize you are a expert. Thanks for the wonderful news.

[​IMG]

5. kre62 thread starter macrumors 68000

Wasn't asking for help and the other poster posted a bunch if stuff I directly addressed an confirmed was not the case.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

you should know that all replacements are refurbs. ;)

7. kre62, May 25, 2011

kre62 thread starter macrumors 68000

Not the case. Usually the serial starts with 5k if it's a replacement. I specifically asked for a non refurb.

Also it doesn't matter. Because when I got the phone it had no shsh saved. Now it has 4.1 and 4.3.3 after a few weeks. So stop thinking that the phone already had blobs saved. If blobs were being saved it would have saved 4.2.1 as well. But, again, there were confirmed no blobs saved when I got the phone.

Heres a scren shot of Cydia. When I bought the phone, for the first two weeks this said "This Device has a pending TSS request". Now it has 4.1 and 4.3.3. Somewhere along the way, after Apple stopped signing 4.3.2 and now, Apple signed a 4.1 blob for my device.

[​IMG]

8. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Yeah the apple rep came out with a phone in a black case and told you it was new, its not... obviously, get over it

No they simply didnt.
    take your ignorance elsewhere and learn. then come back.
    use tiny umbrella for accurate blobs.
    Cydia takes forever to update what blobs it has...

What would stop apple from signing other blobs other than 4.1 if this were the case.. your phone should have 4.01, 4.02, 4.1, etc....

9. kre62 thread starter macrumors 68000

Seriously bro? You cant put this together? Take your own advice about ignorance.

Maybe my phone is a refurb maybe not, it makes no difference. Because I checked for blobs. I used Cydia, I used TU. There were no blobs.

And you actually proved my point. Why would there be absolutely no other blobs besides those two? I didnt even get a 4.3.2 blob saved. Sometime within the last little bit, I got a 4.1 blob signed. If 4.1 had been signed back in the day, I would have all other blobs. Please tell me you understand that.

Please, no more of these ignorant posts from people with poor reading comprehension skills. I've been around this forum for a long time an have jailbroken hundreds of phones for myself and others. I was simply hoping to help some people tonight but am getting nothing but trolls. I know we see some newb posts on this forum but this aint one of em.

10. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Bet you didnt ask to pull them from cydias servers in the advanced options of tiny umbrella. oh well
    hopeless.

11. kre62 thread starter macrumors 68000

Absolutely did. First thing I did. I was hoping they were there. They weren't. Get over it, Apple signed a 4.1 blob recently.

12. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

im sorry. thats not true.
    dont know what happened here but apple doesnt sign old blobs so people can use old exploits.

I guess we disagree.

13. kre62 thread starter macrumors 68000

[​IMG]

Like I said

You can clearly see here still no blobs for 4.2.1, 4.3, etc. Just 4.1.

It happened. Listen, if I were you I would, and have, said the same things. But this happened. So it is what it is.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Guess what?
    I just requested blobs with TU on 2 new iphone 4's I got on file.
    Both have 4.3.3 blobs on cydia, I went in and unchecked "request SHSH from Cydia" so it only pulls requests from Apple's servers.
    And guess what? It didnt pull shsh blobs for 4.1 , just 4.3.3 again.
    So either there's some kind of miracle that Apple's servers somehow released 4.1 just for your device or the iphone in question was indeed a refurb with blobs on file.
    Just because you asked not to get a refurb it doesnt mean they didnt still give you one.
    No other logical explanation.

15. kre62, May 25, 2011

kre62 thread starter macrumors 68000

Juiced:

The glaring flaw in your arguement is that, as you know, if the device got a 4.1 blob signed, Cydia would have automatically pulled blobs for the phone for all future firmwares. So while I know we all want to believe the blobs were on file, it just simply isnt the case.

If we want to chalk this up to some kind of fluke or something, or some kind of one time deal fine. But there is no way this can be explained with preexisting blobs. It just doesnt hold up.

The only other explaination is they are letting 3GS go back since 4.3.3 is especially buggy on those devices.

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont know bro, whatever happened Im happy for you but from what you can see clearly Apple is not signing 4.1 for anyone but you.
    But let me check a 3GS that I have on file with TU and I'll post back but I doubt that makes any sense either.

Edit.
    Nothing on the 3GS either,it just lists 4.2.1 and higher.

17. kre62 thread starter macrumors 68000

I guess it comes down to one of two firsts:

Either Cydia saved a 4.1 blob 9 months ago, then saved no other blobs

or

Somewhere in the past few weeks Apple signed a 4.1 blob

18. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

highly possible if brought in to be fixed...

19. kre62 thread starter macrumors 68000

Not really bro

Not trying to be argumentative, but once Cydia saves the first Blob (you hit that "Make my life easier") It saves blobs from that day forward with no intervention by you. Cydia doesn't know if the device is around, broken, dead, active, etc. it just saves blobs.

Besides the 4.1 blob would have shown up orginally.

20. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Not trying to argue either. But I dont think thats true.
    My brother has a jailbroken phone and goes to college.

I do everything for him. he never even opens cydia... So when I tried to downgrade him one time I couldnt.. he didnt have the blobs because he hadnt opened it(or so I think)? still not sure what happened

but in the end, lucky you have the 4.1, guess thats all.

sorry if i came off brusk

21. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

Just to add my own experience to this. I have an iPhone 4 and told Cydia since 4.0.2 to start saving my blobs. For some reason, it saved up to 4.1 then completely skipped 4.2.1 and saved at 4.3+ after that.

I login to Cydia almost every day and even though it wasn't showing my 4.2.1 blobs as being saved I figured it had them and just wasn't showing them yet due to the Cydia delay. Well 4.2.1 came and went and I never actually got the stupid blobs saved.

I asked some of the iPhone dev experts in their IRC channel and they thought it was really strange too -- the only explanation they could come up with is that Cydia had so many devices trying to save new blobs from Apple's servers that mine was in the queue and just didn't get processed in time before the signing stopped.

So, not to argue with anyone here but it has happened to me where Cydia was supposed to save my blobs and actually never did. It is possible that through some bug Apple did actually sign your 4.1 without a blob, but IMHO it is more likely that you got a refurb, for whatever reason the blobs didn't show up when you originally checked them, and then later on they did.

22. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

There was a point when Saurik's server was having issues saving blobs. Perhaps your refurbished phone was affected too.
    BTW, I ignored your nonsense about your replacement not being refurbished, because it makes about as much sense as intelligent design--which is to say none. About the only time a replacement isn't refurbished is when the model first comes out.
    Unless others can independently verify what you wrote with a new iPhone, I'm sticking to the original hypothesis.

23. labman macrumors 604

labman

One other thing if all you had to do is demand a non refurb exchange and a Apple genus gives you a new one. Don't you think everybody would do this. I'm not going to waste time on the serial number issue you can google that myth.

24. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Cydia does occasionally miss blobs. My dad's phone for example is missing all of the 4.3 betas and 4.3... since they're mostly useless it's not a big deal, but still. He's got everything else since 4.0 though

25. WeegieMac, May 26, 2011
    Last edited: May 26, 2011

WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

It's my one major pet hate with Apple, the fact that they refuse owners the choice of what firmware they want to run on their own devices.

Not everyone wants to jailbreak, I just want 4.0 or 4.1 because it was the best my iPhone 4 ever was, especially compared to the abomination that is 4.3.

As it stands, to get a UI anywhere close to 4.1, I need to jailbreak and change some plist code and install FakeClockUp ... I should be able to install any version of iOS that my iPhone supported and/or ran before.