Apple Slipped Up!

tofagerl

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
Cheaper Mac Mini for one, and thinner Macbooks/iMacs? Yes please!
Still, specs are still a cointoss... Clarksfield or just higher C2Ds for the iMac?

G4DP

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
Just a small point, but as there are no actual images of the adds. It is just nothing more than Apple Insider being themselves.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
I am very Excited to see what apple will do with the mac mini!
why get excited I doubt it will be a huge improvement. gonna dump yours for a new one? I got excited about my first iphone but that's it. computer updates are seldom that thrilling. they may be faster or smaller or a bit cheaper but they do the same things your doing now.

shaunymac

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
why get excited I doubt it will be a huge improvement. gonna dump yours for a new one? I got excited about my first iphone but that's it. computer updates are seldom that thrilling. they may be faster or smaller or a bit cheaper but they do the same things your doing now.
So true. The only time I really pay attn. to computer update or things like this mouse hysteria is for when I am in the market to sell. It just so happens that I am in the market for a wacom. Maybe my wireless mighty mouse and I are about to part ways. Sob.

tofagerl

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
It's good you're here to tell people when they're allowed to be excited.

MacMini2009

macrumors 68000
May 22, 2009
California
Who are you to tell me when I can be excited or not?

It's good you're here to tell people when they're allowed to be excited.
Thank you.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
Who are you to tell me when I can be excited or not?

Thank you.
OK so your excited. that must mean your not happy with the mini you have now. if your happy this would not be a big deal.
so why did you buy a computer that did not meet your needs?
I just get a kick out of people here how they get so worked up with every update every little hardware upgrade.

MacMini2009

macrumors 68000
May 22, 2009
California
OK so your excited. that must mean your not happy with the mini you have now. if your happy this would not be a big deal.
so why did you buy a computer that did not meet your needs?
I just get a kick out of people here how they get so worked up with every update every little hardware upgrade.
No, I am very happy with my current Mac Mini. I am just excited to see what will happen to the next Mac Mini.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
from what I have seen after apple comes out with a product upgrades are just small things. so a faster processor and a larger hard drive and maybe a faster video card gets you all worked up?
apple has the knack of danging a bunch of grapes in front of everything then giving them a raisin in the end.

tofagerl

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
Yeah, you are sooo cool, hanging around a macrumor site only to tell people they're stupid to be following macrumors.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
from what I have seen after apple comes out with a product upgrades are just small things. so a faster processor and a larger hard drive and maybe a faster video card gets you all worked up?
apple has the knack of danging a bunch of grapes in front of everything then giving them a raisin in the end.
Reason why there haven't been a big update for consumer products is because there haven't been a new CPU family, Core 2 Duos have been used for long time, but that will change soon with Arrandale. Tell me a manufacturer that does big updates often.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
getting exited about a hardware upgrade that you don't even know will happen is a bit silly. to get excited when you don't even plan on buying it is a bit of a waste.

beaner454

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2003
getting exited about a hardware upgrade that you don't even know will happen is a bit silly. to get excited when you don't even plan on buying it is a bit of a waste.
Says the guy posting on a computer rumor message board...

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
Reason why there haven't been a big update for consumer products is because there haven't been a new CPU family, Core 2 Duos have been used for long time, but that will change soon with Arrandale. Tell me a manufacturer that does big updates often.
that's why I think it is silly to get excited. a bug upgrade yes but not just a faster upgrade.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
that's why I think it is silly to get excited. a bug upgrade yes but not just a faster upgrade.
Every update is worth something, or would you still want to use Apple II? I get excited about updated products that I'm not even thinking about buying. June update was minor but Apple cut the prices and that made a lot people to buy a new one and only HW update was the battery and SD slot.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
You must not spend a lot of time around here. That's exactly what this site is about.
rumors seems a small part of this site. but to get worked up over a rumor when so far most of the upgrades when they come out people are disappointed becomes a bit silly. at least wait till you know what is coming out before you get worked up. from all I have read there are no new processors ready yet so any updates will be small and not a big deal. just look at the last one where all people got was a nano with a video camera.