Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
I will be watching it on my Mac, the iPhone 6 will be announced thats almost certain, but i think there is more speculation over a 4.7" and a 5.5". I'm not sure if other products will be announced, updated Mac's maybe? The iPad is likely to get its own event in October. I'm looking forward to see what :apple: announce in September :D

Apple has been very inconsistent with streaming their events.

WWDC 2014 - Streamed
iPad Oct 2013 Event - Streamed
iPhone Sept 2013 Event - NOT Streamed
WWDC 2013 - Streamed
iPad Oct 2012 Event - Streamed
iPhone Sept 2012 Event - NOT Streamed
iPad March 2012 Event - NOT Streamed
iPhone Oct 2011 Event - NOT Streamed
iPhone June 2010 Event - NOT Streamed

And every iPhone event before it... NOT STREAMED. I am going to make another declaration. The iPhone 2014 event WILL NOT be streamed. ;):apple:

stu.h

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2010
West Midlands, England.
There won't be a 5.5 release, forget that.

This release won't be streamed live, they only do the WWDC live. So its a case of watching lame updates from streaming sites, or wait a few hours after the keynote and watch it live. :roll eyes:

I might just go to the gym at 6 and stop there for a few hours LOL, then come back and watch the keynote in HD.

Or I might just watch the lame updates although I do like to see it live!

Why don't they stream everything live? I guess because of people hammering the server. Its bad enough at the DC, I can imagine an iPhone launch.

Either way, I look forward to the new product!

:apple:

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
They'll probably announce the 5.5" but given all the rumors of a staged rollout. I think we'll not be able to buy it until later in the fall.
I don't get the delay on the bigger screen since the make up will be almost the same

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
I am guessing it will be streamed live... There is by far the most anticipated iPhone (probably even phone) release in history.

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
Last year's iPhone event did NOT have a live stream:

https://www.macrumors.com/2013/09/10/live-coverage-of-apples-2013-iphone-media-event/

----------

That is 2 events. Hardly a track record. As a matter of fact, over the past couple of years, Apple has been unpredictable as to wether or not they will stream an event.

You're right but I think that from now on (starting with this year's WWDC) they'll stream all the events.
It's free advertising, so why shouldn't they stream the iPhone event?

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
I *think* that the events that weren't streamed live, were made available to watch a very short time after they finished anyway...

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I *think* that the events that weren't streamed live, were made available to watch a very short time after they finished anyway...

And tech sites have live blogs/blogs on the event. I streamed the CNET one of last years iPhone launch.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Probably at monday, the 1st of September.

Nope. Won't happen. I can say this 100%.

How. Labor Day. HQ will be on holiday. Tuesday or Weds.

As for the streaming question. They will if they want to, won't if they don't. And we might not know until the last minute

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.