Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cinemagic

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2007
If a big company like Time were to abandon the App Store and sell through Cydia, that would surely send a message to Apple. In light of the recent decision that makes jailbreaking perfectly legal, what's to hold Time (and other publishers) back?

Cinemagic

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2007
Why do you keep talking out of your arse, kid? Where did you get the idea that the app got rejected due to some SDK violation? The fact is that no one knows the true Apple's reasons (maybe not even Time Inc), as they don't even have to explain them (according to the their own developer agreement).

But I will bet dollars to donuts it has nothing to do with "Apple's SDK guidelines", or "user experience" or any of the other usual Apple excuses. But it most likely has to everything to do with Apple's desire for complete control of the distribution model and imposing the "Apple tax" on the publishers for every piece of content sold.

I'm an Apple shareholder and want Apple to have continued success as it benefits me directly, but this is (in all likelihood) absolutely true. Steve Jobs has always wanted to have complete control over the user experience. If you buy an Apple product, Jobs wants you to have HIS vision of the experience, not yours. This is true with every Apple product (to the extent it's possible). He has also done everything possible to squeeze every penny from the Apple machine. As a shareholder, I applaud Mr. Jobs. But as an end user, well, I'm glad there are people who can jailbreak - I like MY vision of the user experience better than having to conform to Mr. Jobs' vision.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.