Apple started to ignore my emails.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sambuev, May 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sambuev macrumors member

sambuev

Hello MacRumors, I used to buy a lot of applications and sometimes I've requested refunds for wrong applications or apps with glitches and I never had problems with refund, not so often, once in 3-6 months, but recently I have bought 2 defective applications and I sent email to: iTunes Store <iTunesStoreSupport@apple.com>

and they are ignoring my emails for so long, usually it took me 1-2 days waiting for answers, but right now they not answering for 5 days and I had to resend them emails, but still no answer.

What has happen to apple support? Maybe they getting greedy on the apps refund, or maybe they thinking I requesting my payments too often and it's easier for them to ignore me and save my money in their pocket?

I would call them, but their call system is extremely complicated and it's just almost imposible to speak with the person over the phone, it's gonna take me another few hours to get anybody to talk to me, there is only robots machines answering on the phone.

We are talking about .99 app in my case and 4.99 for game, maybe it's too much for them?

What can I do to get to the Apple? :eek:

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

1) stop pestering them after a few days. They're busy, could take a few weeks

2) if you've asked for quite a few refunds, it's fully within their rights to start denying them. Be more careful before buying apps.

3. sambuev thread starter macrumors member

sambuev

It's very sad to hear that, they used to be much more nicer before, not they become regular company. I would not used them, but right not unfortunately there is no alternatives yet. :cool:

4. Saint.Icon macrumors regular

I sincerely hope you find another platform soon.

Because you buy apps without researching them, then demand refunds, you're taking money directly from the developers. You see, Apple loses nothing on the sale. They simply deduct the full refund amount from the developer.

Your attempts to try without buying literally steal money from the developer every single time.

Clearly you're abusing the system, and that's why Apple isn't replying. Because you're a thief and scammer, taking advantage of an option that legitimate customers have available to them.

So by all means, go steal from another platform's developers. Good riddance when you go.

5. b3av3r macrumors regular

b3av3r

With the cost of most apps being under $5 then I see you have two choices before you purchase:

1) Look at the name and the few screenshots then make an impulsive decision and if the app doesn't perform the way you hoped you just bite the bullet and move on

2) Look through all the reviews/ratings in the app store then spend some time looking outside the app store for reviews so you can make an informed, researched decision before carefully spending your money.

Sounds like you are just buying apps without spending a little time to determine if they worth the purchase. But still good luck with the refunds and I wouldn't expect them to be able to answer every email in just a few days.

6. sambuev thread starter macrumors member

sambuev

I would agree with you, but some of the apps have misinformed description, you know better then me, that every app is advertising as the best app ever, but when you actually downloading it, it just doesn't do what is has to do.

Even screenshot sometimes does not describe app and it's features.
    I do spending sometimes, but sometimes yes it's my mistake, let's say I bough ORIENT app for Iphone to easily CROP my photos on the horizon line, but this app just shooting photos with constant horizon and missing feature to upload photo from CameraPhotos and align to horizon, I made a mistake bying this app, just because I though Orient definitely has this feature.

Another problem with the games, sometimes it does not run on slow devises, but you can still buy it for you "slow" devise and fps on the game is extremely low, I don't think it's my mistake when game just doesn't work because my devise is too old.

And Apple is "too busy" for my emails. Okay Apple, good to know.

7. kaielement macrumors 65816

Slow could be you are running a 4 or 4s with iOS 7 which in that case yes I would agree and also say its time to upgrade. No one should be on an iPhone 4 or 4s, as they are horrible with iOS 7. As to your other complaints I have no sympathy for you. This is why I read the user reviews before I download any app and if it's a paid app I do some research online to see what other might think about it. Not to hard to just do a google search on any given app. And if an app is truly crap you would probably get a pretty good understanding of that just from the user reviews. I can't tell you how many apps I didn't buy or download based off the terrible reviews. I really hope Apple doesn't refund you any more seeing was you are to lazy to research anything before buying anything you only have your self to blame. This would be like if I walked in to Best Buy and bought a piece of software and three days latter said it was crap. Best Buy isn't going to refund my money. You know why it's because it's a federal law that you can't return software. That law was made because of people like you trying to pull a fast one. So for Apple to do any refund is only them feeling sorry for you and after you abusing them for so long they are ignoring you. Anyway sorry to rant have a good life and stop trying to scam the system.

8. sambuev thread starter macrumors member

sambuev

9. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Only so many refunds before Apple starts to looks at things differently. Any company would. If I were to continue buying from any company and constantly return things, eventually they are either going to refuse to accept the return.

Research before you buy. Quit blaming Apple for your mistakes. If you have a slow device and know it, then you are to blame for that as well.

10. sambuev thread starter macrumors member

sambuev

Yes Apple is the best and I'm nothing :cool:

How can I know is that slow device for game or not? There is no clear evidence in comment very often.

Also who are you to tell me what to do :rolleyes: it's so funny to listen somebody's opinion about spending entire evening on .99cents :p

If apple thinks its the best company of the world, I don't think to refund some mistaken payments is hard for them especailly on the customer who is bying every laptop generation almost 2 times a year, I'm pretty sure they know I'm a valid customer.

Thank you anyways :D:apple:

11. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Rightly or wrongly (I'm sure you would say the latter) you have become a "needy" customer to Apple. Look here at #3 to see what you have probably been tagged as.

12. PO15KA, May 24, 2014
    Last edited: May 24, 2014

PO15KA macrumors newbie

PO15KA

Apple started to ignore my emails.

With all the smileys, winks and pretty much smartass attitude towards the people here, you are a bit of a ... ain't ya mate? ;)

13. snberk103 macrumors 603

With all due respect, I think you are making some sweeping generalizations about Apple based on your personal experiences. Yes, they may be treating you differently based on your returns history. But I have some personal experiences that are different. I had managed to forget to buy AppleCare in the first year recently due to some personal circumstances. After calling - and talking to a real person in just a few minutes - Apple allowed me buy AppleCare despite being nearly a month late. A friend of mine was also allowed to buy AppleCare despite being late.

I don't think this means that the entire Apple Organization is special. It just means that in my personal experience, Apple is not becoming like other companies.

Just on a personal note - and apologies for speaking bluntly ... you might find a warmer welcome here if you talk about your personal experiences, and avoid extending those experiences into sweeping generalizations. But, of course, that is just mho and ymmv...

14. Paulk macrumors 6502

Paulk

who needs apps?

As an old retiree I don't use any of the i-phone type mobiles or have any use for any apps. I have not downloaded Mavericks as I am told by Apple that I have to buy apps, I have signed in to apple but then I get asked for my bank account ID. At that point I abandon the download process. Its happened several times since Mavericks came out.

So basically, I don't download or install Mavericks. I am perfectly happy with OS X Snow leopard.

15. jknight8907 macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

You don't have to buy anything to download mavericks.

16. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

They probably think you're just trying to scam them.

17. sambuev thread starter macrumors member

sambuev

It may look like all the time when someone is requesting refund based on personal reasons, but I just use their BEST service in the world and sometimes I think I dare to buy the apps, try them and if it doesn't work properly for me, I can request refund. I think it's normal.

18. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I would suggest that if you don't want to read the opinions of others that you abjure from posting here. Developing a thick skin is necessary if one is to post here with the understanding that some of the replies to one's post will be critical.

Just a suggestion, mind you...:)

19. 556fmjoe macrumors 65816

How many returns have you asked for total? If it was only a few, then Apple ought to respond. If it's a lot more than that, then I have no problem with Apple ignoring you. The place where I work has banned customers before who are habitual returners. It got to be too much of an irritation to deal with them and we spent too much time processing their returns to make their business worth it to us.

20. sambuev thread starter macrumors member

sambuev

I requested around 14 returns and I bought around 200 apps.

21. snberk103 macrumors 603

Not sure how one can equate 'Best service' with 'unlimited refunds'. Unless Apple has suddenly become Eaton's - "Goods Satisfactory or Money Refunded." By the way, despite having the best return policy - period - Eaton's is now just an historical footnote.

22. sambuev thread starter macrumors member

sambuev

If Apple saying it's unlimited, I gonna use it with no problem ;)

23. snberk103 macrumors 603

I've never noticed the 'unlimited refunds' …. can you point me towards that bit of the terms and conditions?

24. sambuev thread starter macrumors member

sambuev

25. snberk103 macrumors 603

The "Good Satisfactory ..." was an Eaton's thing... once Canada's premier retailer. Now just a footnote. They meant it too. A friend was involved in a minor car crash, but his golf clubs were damaged. He simply walked in and claimed he was no longer 'satisfied' and walked out with a new set. Yes... some people abused the policy...but lots more bought stuff knowing that they're weren't going to get stuck with something they didn't like. There were a few exceptions the return policy of course... anything that had worn out due to natural wear and tear, stuff that was normally used up. But ... for the most part if there wasn't a specific clause preventing it - things were just exchanged with no questions asked. Refunds were a bit more difficult of course.

One time the local Eaton's store popped an employee into a cab to bring me a new electric frying pan because the one I had bought earlier that day was missing parts. I had called the store more to vent some frustration than because I thought they would do anything. But they handled it in a way that made me a lifelong loyal customer. For about a month before they finally slipped into bankruptcy.

During the glory days of Eaton's, Sear's Canada and the Hudson Bay had similar policies in place. Sear's policy on hand tools (non-powered) was that if it had it's name on it, and it was broken, you could exchange it no-questions-asked. Ah.... the good old days....

I don't think Apple suddenly became Eaton's though....

And I think that's enough nostalgia for this thread for today, eh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.